Stylish Monday May 2022 - What We Wear Under it All.

After many months off, I am back with some of the ladies for a Stylish Monday post and this one is about what we wear under it all. The undergarments we wear underneath our clothes are just as important as what you see on the outside. Wearing the right undergarments is very important especially for Summer time with more skin exposure, lighter clothing, light colors and whites. For white jeans like I wore today - always choose nude underwear underneath white jeans, pants or skirts and always do a nude/flesh-toned bra underneath a white blouse, t-shirt or dress. No matter what, wen you are out and about make sure your undergarments are comfortable - there is no other way. After all, you will be in them for a long time.

WHAT  WE  WEAR  UNDER  IT  ALL.
I am not one to wear many tops that show a lot of cleavage, but I think every now and then it's ok. Show off what God blessed you with and wear your outfits in confidence. The rest will fall in place. I have always loved lace tops and camisoles and this year more than before they are really trending. The lingerie style garments are so stylish right now, like the millennial pink cropped camisole I am wearing (you can find them at Express; I own this in 3 colors). I wore mine over the infamous lace Free People bralette (mine is a neutral soft grey color and it goes with everything). With warmer months coming up, wearing bralettes, lace camisoles or lace-trimmed camis is a great idea to layer underneath your Summer dresses, sundresses, or even under tank tops and jackets, or to style with cardigans, jackets and/or blazers when you are indoors with the heavy air conditioner blowing.

I love how this outfit came together. The lace tops on top are flawlessly matched together and the soft millennial pink color of the cropped lace camisole matches so well with my light wool lilac cropped cardigan by Loft. I love the silver jewel buttons and the puffy sleeves. The gold link necklace with the lilac, pearl and gold charms is by Express, just like the camisole. But my favorite part of the look is these high-top sneakers by Target (so well-made and they look so expensive!) I love that the sneakers combine two animal prints. They mix so well with my gray animal-print/leopard sunglasses by Loft. I love pairing white with pastels, especially white jeans with pastel tops. It is perfection! How do you wear your white jeans?! Do you like wearing lace bralettes with them sneak peaking underneath your clothes?!


Here is what the ladies wear under it all. Check out their advise and their posts filled with many great tips.
Nicole – High Latitude Style – “Call me a prude if you want, but I have a medium size collection of old-school half-slips and slips. They are great to stay a bit warmer in winter, and avoid that cheap trendy summer dresses look cheap. Adding a half-slip or slip underneath gives them the look as having a lining when you are standing between the Sun and an on-viewer.”
Julie – Fashion Trends and Friends – Summer is right around the corner (I hope!), which means I’ll be wearing more bare shoulder looks. Finding the right fitting, comfortable strapless bra is such a challenge! I’ve found the perfect one that fits all sizes, is super comfy and stays in place all day long! I’ll also be wearing all the white shorts, jeans, pants and am sharing the perfect undies that are comfy, add a little tummy control and don’t show through! Winning on two accounts!!”
Suzanne – Ask Suzanne Bell – “Having the “correct” undergarments on hand can make the difference between an article of clothing getting worn or not, especially in the summer months, when shoulders are bare, and pants, dresses & skirts are more revealing, more sheer, and less forgiving. Today I’m sharing my go-to convertible bra, along with a tank top friendly “no side boob” bra, no show panties, and my favorite high waist brief to wear with dresses and skirts from Target.”
Nina – Sharing a Journey – Looking classy in a coverup in a gorgeous pink floral.
Shelbee – Shelbee on the Edge – “Period panties were a strange concept to me at first. But now in perimenopause, I am finding them most beneficial. I am reviewing my first pairs on the blog today.”

My favorite outfit in the mix: Julie's. Her style is always so fun, cheerful, happy and colorful. In love with her off-shoulder blouse paired with the right strapless bra! You can read all about her post here.


Sometimes it's totally OK to show some skin. Be THANKFUL to your body and be PROUD of your body, especially so if you are a mom. My body has birthed, nursed (it is currently nursing actually) and raised two beautiful, healthy kids. I don't mind the not-so-flat tummy or the extra curves, especially just a few months post partum. I give my body grace, lots of grace. It still fits in almost all size small clothes and size 4 jeans (these white jeans are a size 4).
c







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Image Map


Comments

  1. Hi Ada! I think bralettes are so pretty! I wish I could find some that I like and fit well. Yours are very pretty paired together. I do like the white with your pastels. I think white can go with whatever a person feels confident wearing with it. That's the beauty of wearing white. Another fun collaboration! Glad your back with us! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. I hate when people white clothing and bright under garment on.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post prompt! Love the white and pastel combo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts