It's My Birthday Party! (Part Two) and the Thursday Moda Linkup.

Today's Post - Part Two of my Blog Birthday Party was supposed to go LIVE at least by 8.00 AM (Eastern Time) today but I have had such a busy day, dealt with a very cranky baby and horrible/little sleep from last night. This mama even took a nap today when the baby napped. Once again it's my birthday party and you are all invited! For more, read Part One as my girls and I - they joined me today - invite you to part two.

IT'S  MY  BIRTHDAY!
Ah how much I love a pretty, flirty, dressy dress that can be dressed up or dressed down. I especially love an asymmetric, one shoulder, one-sleeve dress. This floral print mini chiffon dress (it has built-in shorts which makes it both a romper and a dress) is by Express and it is absolutely stunning. Perfect to party for your birthday or any other special occasions. Case in point on the same day (during our very warm Greek Orthodox weekend) I wore it both for a First Communion Event and a Wedding Party. I had my two daughters, my mini best friends coordinated in their own pink floral dresses. My dress and Vivian's are both chiffon and both featur a gorgeous pink roses print, both are textured too and they mix and match so well. I love the fit+flare style of Vivian's dress  and the lovely little triangle cut-out on the back. I loved that Vivian dressed it down a little bit with her white Puma sneakers, yet kept it girly with ruffled socks, her colorful butterfly barettes and the hair that I put in a braid, for her. Gisele is still a very young baby so comfort comes first but she is still styling in her baby pink floral 100% cotton dress with matching shrug and her adorable embroidered baby pink rosette shoes with the matching headband. I on the other hand went for a full-on glam, dressy look and paired my gorgeous one-sleeve chiffon dress with matching braided pink shoes (by Target) which are both pretty and comfortable, a fun aztec-print pair of pink+purple leather earrings ordered by my favorite small shop (an awesome fashionista makes them, I follow her on Instagram), my custom-made name acrylic hair barrette by BaubleBar and ombre tortoise sunglasses by Loft. I also added my soft faux leather, pastel mint  crossbody bag by Target and a few beaded bracelets. Since I was going to two special events, I did my makeup more done than usual using one of my favorite palettes and a coral pink lipstick that I love.

It was such a sunny day, but clearly Gisele loved it. Vivian and I on the other hand could have used some sunglasses LOL.
Mommy's sweet sweet girl. She was the youngest and the prettiest little girl at the party. It was her first event and she did so well!
One of my favorite photos from that entire day. We actually took so many beautiful photos of my girls. I plan to have a special post on Mothers' Day where you will see more of these photos and my gorgeous sweethearts. So stay tuned.






Also, after 7-8 weeks off, my Thursday Moda linkup is up and live so join in. But in the meantime check out the rest of my amazing and fashionable blogging friends who joined my blog party - 2022 edition. Julie is the queen when it comes to sparkles, colors, sequins, stones, ruffles and tulle and I am so glad she shared the outfit she wore for a special birthday last year. I am in love with the very elegant looks of Kathrine and Laura, while Shelbee is a little edgy which suits her. Daenel stayed true to her style and Carrie's dress is stunning and honestly one of the best outfits I have seen on her - love it!

"Happy birthday, Ada! I am so happy we have connected through our blogs and through our messages throughout the years. You are truly blessed with the most beautiful girls and caring husband. I hope you have a wonderful day!"

"Happy Birthday Ada!  Any birthday is worthy of celebration no matter your age!  I think it’s important to embrace each year, each decade and celebrate however you feel inclined.  Last year, I celebrated my 60th birthday with a photo shoot and several girlfriend vacations!  This year we celebrated my husband’s 70th birthday. I threw him a surprise party surrounded by all those dear to us!  Life is too short not to cherish each moment and to make every moment count!  Additionally, wear what you love and what brings you joy!  I love to be fancy no matter the occasion - so tulle, sequins, rhinestones and feathers always feel like a good celebration choice!  It’s true to me and how I’m most comfortable!  Cheers to a wonderful, fanciful birthday my deer friend, Ada!  I know you’ll celebrate in style! XO"

"Happy Birthday Ada! This is always a fun collaboration that you put together and I'm honored when you ask me to be a part of it!

"I just styled this white eyelet jumpsuit for spring but then it got cold again and I wanted to restyle it for colder weather. I thought this bold striped duster was perfect for a birthday celebration only because it makes me smile so big! Wishing you a big, bold, happy birthday, my friend!"

"To celebrate our wonderful friend Ada on her special day (also my oldest son’s bday!), I wanted to share one of my favorite looks from this spring season.  Florals are the perfect way to celebrate the month of May so I went with this blue floral print maxi skirt dress for Ada’s birthday.  I love the flattering wrap style and the asymmetrical ruffle hem.  The pink bag and pumps are the icing on the (birthday) cake.  Happy Birthday Ada!"

"I chose this outfit because it’s fun and, to my mind, celebratory with the lace. There’s also a whole lot of funkiness with the pattern mixing. The cross front top is made from vintage saris, so it’s not only one-of-a-kind but it’s good for the planet. The leggings are my go-to for comfort and just hanging out because they can be dressed up or down."









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Image Map


Comments

  1. This has to be one of my favorite dresses on you! The one shoulder detail is so chic! Love seeing your sweet girls in these photos!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is absolutely darling on you! I love those fun shoes, too! And of course your girls are the absolute cutest! So glad you were able to get a nap and all. Hope you had a wonderful celebration. Thanks for asking me to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday! Love the matching florals!
    Wish you all the best, dear!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely!!! The three of you look like a dream xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pretty in that dress, Ada! Your girls are adorable as well. I love the pink color of your braided sandals. I have a pair that looks identical, but they're a neutral tan. I hope your birthday was wonderful!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Ada! Another amazing dress my friend! Thanks for including me in your special day.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiest of birthdays Ada! I am so happy to see you thriving and enjoying life with your girls. I am also happy to see that you will be returning back to Thursday Moda! The dress looks incredible on you, I absolutely love the one shoulder look and how it fits you. Great figure mama!

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute floral outfits and I like the coordination with your kids! Adorable little mini dress on you too!

    Hope that you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may have fixed my commenting issue! Happy birthday and Mother's Day to you, my friend! As always, it's an honor to be a part of your birthday celebration every year. You look fabulous in this gorgeous dress. I love the colors and the flirty style on you!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday again. Glad you were able to take a nap when the baby slept.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ada! Happiest of Birthdays! What a beautiful birthday dress to celebrate in with your darling girls! I'm happy that I could help you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts