Thursday Moda 278: A Beautiful Sunday in May with My Vivian, in Detroit.

Today's post was supposed to be just another Mommy+Me post with my beautiful daughter Vivian, showing off my new and adorable little black dress from Target, which has the prettiest open back with ruffles and a big bow in the middle. The photos were taken from 10 days ago on a beautiful Sunday May day we spent together downtown pretty Detroit. It was supposed to be another style post on how I styled this LBD with a lace bralette and pops of color in different shades of purple and magenta. But like most of you, like all of us, my heart is so heavy and full, trying to comprehend another evil, senseless mass shooting that happened in our country in another elementary school where many innocent children and two of their teachers were brutally murdered. When will this stop, will it ever stop?! What can all of us as American citizens can do to make it stop?! It has been a decade of brutal mass shootings, this year alone 288 of them, which if you calculate it by the number of days, it's 2 a day! It is beyond awful! I am so mad, livid actually. I am sad, hopeless and heartbroken. We live in such a cruel, bad, evil world when the people who are supposed to matter the most - OUR CHILDREN AND THE FUTURE OF THIS NATION - are not safe, not at all!

With the current events in America, I have to take a moment and talk about my 9 year old Vivian. She is an elementary school kid like millions of kids in USA and she shouldn’t have to fear school because of senseless crimes that have taken innocent very young lives of kids just like her, her peers. These kids shouldn't have to worry about living in fear, being safe and not enjoying their childhood. They shouldn't have to learn more and more about ALICE Drills and how to protect themselves from evil people and murdereous shooters. When I speak about these kids, it hits close to home because Vivian is an elementary school child, just like them. See this girl over here is my firstborn, the one who made me a mama and the bond I have with her and the love I have for her is so big and strong. For one, I have raised her almost entirely on my own and I am proud to say that she is such a kind, good, loving, well-behaved, honest to God genuine child, who also does great in school. She is also an amazing friend and the best sister. She has a big heart, a smiling soul and a smile that is so beautiful -- it shows her inner soul! I know one day she will become baby Gisele’s strongest role model! 

I hugged Vivian tightly last night and this morning and I sent her off to school kissing her and telling her how much I love her. It is so tough these days for parents. Because just like I am a parent, so many parents didn't get to pick up their children alive on Tuesday May 24th. I love my babies so much and I always pray they are safe and healthy. How sweet that on the day these photos were taken of my little black Target dress, I had my little bestie by my side.  As a matter of fact she took all the photos and videos of me on this day and was even advising me how to pose ðŸ˜ƒ. I love her so much!! Vivian herself looked adorable mixing prints, in her leopard tee and floral denim mini skirt (both by Target) styled with her white leather Puma sneakers and girly white socks with pink gingham ruffles. I love her so much!! My little fashionista, the sassy girl who made me a mama!! This post is for you Vivian. I wish you always live a beautiful, long, happy and healthy life!!

I love seeing so many beautiful, colorful tulips planted all over downtown Detroit. To me tulips symbolize the month of May. They are the ultimate flower of May. They last such a short time while they bloom, but they are so beautiful and for me personally - they cheer me up!







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ada, you and Vivian look so adorable. My heart aches for you and how close to home these types of events must feel. No matter our ages or circumstances, we've all been touched in ways others may not realize. Even though my littles are now fully grown, the baby formula shortage is stirring up old memories for me that I'd rather not recall.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Mommy and Me post! These are the cutest photos ever- you girls look like sisters! Vivian is so precious...and your post touched me deeply. I can't believe this is what life is like for children today. So scary and horrifying. As if the pandemic was not enough for them, now the constant fear that danger could be imminent practically anywhere- even in their supposedly safest places. Something has got to give. Praying hard. Ciao bella Ada, tanti bacioni a te e alle tue principesse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a sad day in America for sure and I hate that our children have to worry about being safe at school. Having worked in schools, I understand how difficult it is and how much has changed. It makes me sick. Hold that sweet girl tight!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't even read or talk about current events right now without getting sick to my stomach and breaking down into tears. It is just too much. I love these fun photos of you and sweet Vivian. Such a bright light in a dark world. Keep sharing and shining love, my friend!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I honestly think this country is not going to change and it makes me sick. We have people like my parents who think gun control does't work. And until that generation dies, I feel like nothing will be done.

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had such a fun time! Love. your pink sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still can't wrap my brain around what just happen in Texas. It so sad. I also am holding my daughter tightly.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you and Vivian had a fun day! The current events in our country are heartbreaking. It makes me sick that gun violence continues and that our children are not safe in school.

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts