The Sunday Showcase, May 2022: Mother's Day Brunch Dresses and Introducing Gisele.

Happy May you all! I hope all the April Showers bring all the May Flowers - like that saying says - because we have surely had our share of rain, thunderstorms and more and more rain during April. I cannot believe it is May first and we are already one third through the year 2022. I have blinked and this year has gone by faster and faster each month, don't you feel the same?! After a month and a half off from the blog (it wasn't planned) due to both blogging issues with Blogger and computer issues and on top of that being extremely busy with a growing, teething baby and everything else, I am back with a new blog post. I am back this May on my birthday month to blog for you, catch you up on all the latest, do the monthly Sunday Showcase with my friend Mireille of Chez Mireille and for the first time ever - introducing you to my sweet, new baby girl, little Miss Gisele. It's time. =) I will warn you ahead, this will be a very long post with many, many photos of my girls and I. But it's worth it. I guess I am making up for lost time.

INTRODUCING  GISELE.
We will get to our pretty Mother's Day Brunch Dresses, but first things first, let me introduce you all to sweet baby Gisele. My second daughter Gisele was born on September 2021 and she was truly missing from my heart and from my life, because I have fallen in love with her from the first few seconds I saw her, smelled her, felt her, touched her, caressed her skin, nursed her, cried tears of happiness for her, felt pain for her and held her tightly and closely in my arms, nestled in my chest. I was the one to give her the name Gisele, a French name like Vivian's name and I love what it means: "Beautiful like the Stars" which totally suits her. Her dad calls her "Our Morning Star" for several reasons: she usually wakes us happy and smiles as soon as she sees us; she is bright like the stars and the biggest morning star of them all - the sun; and because just by looking at her in the morning, we know our day will start off right and she will bring good luck for a good day, despite how difficult, stressful, exhausting or hard the day may be. 

Gisele eats like a champ, she is mostly breastfed but she eats solids 2-3 times daily, too - honestly there aren't many foods she doesn't like but she loves her fruity yougurts. But she doesn't sleep or nap so well, just like her sister when she was her age. Gisele has her two bottom teeth already and teething really badly. She puts everything in her mouth pretty much lol and absolutely loves her pacifiers unlike Vivian who could care less for them. She is now 7.5 months old and I cannot believe that I started planning and throwing ideas for her first birthday already. I literally blinked and the past almost 8 months flew by. All of us are so in love with her and her big sister Vivian loves her so so much and is so thrilled and happy that she finally gets to have a sister. Viv is so sweet with her and she gets sad when Gisele cries or gets fussy. I must say Gisele is so lucky that Viv is her sister because Vivian truly is the best! 




MOTHER'S  DAY  BRUNCH  DRESSES.
Aren't our pretty pastel dresses so perfect for a Mother's Day Brunch (or Easter festivities, that we left behind)?! These dresses and these photos were indeed taken exactly a week ago when we celebrated our Greek Orthodox Easter, last Sunday. It was the last weekend of April and it was such a beautiful, mostly sunny and hot weekend with temperatures as high as 80 degrees on Sunday. Our breezy Spring dresses were perfect for that day and they would be perfect for next Sunday, for the upcoming Mother's Day. I wore a dress I picked inside the store when shopping at Target (in late March). I almost always shop exclusively online at Target but I happened to go to the store that day and this lovely pastel dress with the 3/4 balloon sleeves and the stunning eyelet detail caught my eye. It is so pretty! Plus is has POCKETS! It was the only dress like this, the single one left, and what do you know it was in my size (I am wearing a small). Target has some type of sale on certain items weekly it seems and I usually buy their clothes, accessories or shoes and the kids clothes only during their sales. But I paid full price for this dress because I had to have it and honestly when I went back online to check, the size S was sold out. I rarely if ever pay full price for clothes at Target but it was worth it and at around $35 it was still a great price! I paired it with clear strap flat sandals (new, also current at Target), my Chanel pearl stud earrings, a few bracelets, a silky emerald braided headband (by J. Crew), Diff Eyewear aviator-style sunglasses and a bright lipstick.     This pastel peach piece is such a pretty dress that I will wear again and again this Spring+Summer and it mixed and matched so well with my daughters' dresses.

VIVIAN.
My photogenic mini model. I love her poses so much. Vivian is so beautiful and that beauty is definitely not only skin-deep. This girl has the biggest heart and the sweetest soul!
My oldest daughter Vivian is also wearing a new dress which I picked up at H+M online last Fall for her to wear this year. I love the midi length and the flutter sleeves. The material is so light, breezy and comfy and I also love the light green/lime mini floral print. She paired it with some minty and turquoise bracelets, white socks with little green gingham ruffles, her white Puma sneakers and coordinated with a multi-colored flower-print bow, purchased from an Etsy shop. Vivian has a huge bow collection and now Gisele does too. Most of their bows come from small shops, local boutiques and especially Etsy.

GISELE.
How much I love this sweet face and those gorgeous big blue eyes. You have changed my life my sweet, dear Gisele. Mommy, Daddy and your big sister love you to pieces.
Gisele's dress matches mommy's so well color-wise because it is also in a pastel peachy shade. I love the flower and butterfly print. This lovely dress was one of her two Easter presents from my sister-in-law (her auntie who loves her so very much). I paired it with her new Mary Jane bow pink shoes that feature the most adorable embroidered hearts and a colorful Easter peeps bow that I got at an Etsy shop. The photos of Gisele sitting down are with her Nana's Easter Basket filled with a few outfits, her new llama plushie which she loved and other goodies. Gisele was totally spoiled for her first Easter because this was only one of 4 Easter baskets she received (including one from us, her parents), plus a couple of other Easter presents and lots and lots of Easter books.

I thank God every day for these two beautiful, strong, smart, amazing girls of mine. I am forever thankful, happy, lucky and blessed every day for them. I am so grateful that I get to be their mom and I get to raise them, love them, care for them, teach them and fill them with love, empathy, humanity, heart and goodness. Thank You God for my daughters Vivian and for Gisele.

Mireille's option of a brunch dress for Mother's Day is this stunning turquoise maxi dress with a pretty floral print in white, which reminds me of Hawaian flowers. She coordinated the blues with the shirt of her adorable little darling, Jonathan. I love the print of his polo shirt. This is the prettiest Mireille has ever looked! You should check out her post for more and see all the stunning backgrounds and locations she shot her photos, at.
And last, a photo of the entire family for which I am so grateful and blessed.


Thank You so much for stopping by the blog today, catching up with me and reading this very lengthy but very special post. I will have with more special posts this week because it is my birthday in 3 days and I will continue the tradition of my Blog Birthday Party, so stay tuned. Join The Sunday Showcase linkup at the bottom of this post and stop by Wednesday with a fun Birthday post and Thursday with a brand-new outfit post and my Thursday Moda linkup. Thanks again.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Gisele is so precious! You and your girls look beautiful in your dresses, and so happy you were able to get through the Blogger issues. The technical stuff behind blogging is absolutely no fun, haha!

    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you back with two beauties now!! Such a happy family picture too, just enjoy your life together.
    Pamela
    www.style-yourself-confident.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God blessed you with two beautiful daughters, inside and out! I'm so glad Vivian has the opportunity to be a big sister. She looks like she loves it! You all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful family.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous girls! Gisele is such a doll! It must be so fun getting her dressed and sounds like Vivian is a great big sister. Love the colors of your dresses, so pretty in pastels and that style of dresses suits you so well. Excited for Wednesday post too. I did love taking the pictures for both posts last weekend. Pretty dresses and pretty locations: winner!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with your dress! The eyelet is pretty. You are your daughters are so sweet in these photos. Thanks for the link up! Happy Birthday!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts