Stylish Monday June 2021 - Fresh+Fruity in Ruffles and Citrus Colors.

Summer is here. That means our clothes are getting brighter, we are wearing bright and pastel colors (both). Our hems are getting shorter and we are wearing a lot more ruffles, flounce, flowers and even fruity prints. We are wearing lighter materials like eyelet, seersucker and silk chiffon. We are feeling more fresh and fruity overall. And that is the "challenge" us the ladies of Stylish Monday chose for this month. And I absolutely love this month's theme and I also love how I interpreted it! More details, below.
 
Feeling fresh and fruity doesn't mean you have to wear fruit prints necessarily and that is exactly what I did with this. My interpretation of fresh and fruity comes in the form of this bloody orange ruffled, wrap mini skirt in the fun floral+paisley print and those stunning scalloped tangerine suede sandals (they are the Inc. brand at Macy's). I added some berry colors into the mix: the crossbody bag by Rebecca Minkoff and the E.L.F. lipstick. And I love that the turquoise pendant pops against the more muted, more neutral olive green tee. I also love that the flounce of the tee with the fun sleeves and dainty eyelet neckline, repeats the flounce of the skirt. Besides my shoes and my bag, the other pieces I styled today (skirt, tee, necklace and sunglasses) are all by Loft - no shock here since it's one of my favorite stores. What makes you feel fresh+fruity this Summer, style-wise?! How would you interpret this challenge? Fruity Floral Flounce is what I am calling my outfit. I just love a good alliteration!

A cute picture of my cutie also rocking ruffles and lots of berry colors (the shoe laces and her long beaded necklace).

Now let's see what how my co-hosts for The Stylish Monday Linkup wore and styled "Feeling Fresh+Fruity". So many fun and bright fruit prints in the mix. I love fruit prints for Summertime. I am in love with both Emma's and Andy's dresses and shoes. Their outfits have a retro 50s vibe going head to toe. Like me, Suzanne wore a wrap skirt and paired it with ruffles on top.
SUZANNE of Ask Suzanne Bell – “I love the vibrant pattern and color of this bold wrap skirt; it feels so optimistic, fresh, and cheerful. Bold prints can be a bit intimidating to style, so I say keep it simple, with neutral pieces; like this black ruffle top, raffia bag, and hat. From there, allow the print piece, to be the star of the show!”

NINA of Sharing a Journey – “We are definitely out and about these days. My bright colors mirror my optimism for the sunny summer days ahead.”

EMMA of the Style Splash “I bought this Fabienne Chapot striped cherry print dress on eBay. I’m a big fan of the Dutch brand and their quirky prints. A shirt dress is summer staple for me as they’re cool and easy to wear.”

ANDY of Pearls and Pantsuits   “I love the retro feel of this fruit print tiered shirt-dress. I was looking for a simple tiered dress on Amazon, when this one caught my eye. I couldn’t resist its charm! I styled it with my red gingham print sandals that have been on repeat this summer. The fruit print and gingham combo makes me happy!”

JULIE of Fashion Trends and Friends – “Nothing says summer more than fruity prints and bold fun colors especially after long cold Illinois winters! I can’t resist my kitschy summer fun prints!”

LUCY of Lucy Bertoldi – “This month’s collaboration got me digging into my wardrobe for something fresh and delish to style up. Found this fun lime maxi decorated with cherries-how sweet! Lime green is already a favourite with me-especially for summer-and with the added fun red-cherry print, well that’s enough to get me smiling. 😊 Fresh, quench-thirsting look for this hot Montreal summer-I’m ready!”

MICHELE of Seechele Styles – “Feeling fruity in my Target dress with lemon and limes and oranges on it.”

NANCY of Nancy’s Fashion Style  – “I am feeling like a basket of fruit or a box full of fruit sweets, lol, in this outfit! Oranges, strawberries and raspberries! Love that color combination! I have ombre nails at the moment with red and orange. You can take a look at last Tuesday’s post for that!”

NICOLE of High Latitude Style – “In interior Alaska, summer temperatures remain pleasant in the drought season except when it rains. The record is 100F in Ft. Yukon, but we already think 85F is too hot. In the monsoon season, it feels unpleasant due to the high humidity and temperatures in the 50F or so. Thus, in early summer, it’s shorts and tank tops with flip flops, in late summer, it’s rain gear and layering. Since the Sun is in the sky 24/7, sun protective clothes are my go-to.”

AMY of Amy’s Creative Pursuits – “In interior Alaska, summer temperatures remain pleasant in the drought season except when it rains. The record is 100F in Ft. Yukon, but we already think 85F is too hot. In the monsoon season, it feels unpleasant due to the high humidity and temperatures in the 50F or so. Thus, in early summer, it’s shorts and tank tops with flip flops, in late summer, it’s rain gear and layering. Since the Sun is in the sky 24/7, sun protective clothes are my go-to.”

SHELBEE of Shelbee on the Edge – “I bought this bright orange blazer a few months ago but had trouble styling it until I found this adorable fruity printed swimsuit. And I figured why not style a blazer over my swimsuit. It’s not like I follow fashion rules anyway!”





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Image Map


Comments

  1. What a cute skirt and top combination, Ada. I love paisleys and they really do fit into our fresh and fruity theme. How adorable is Vivian in her fruity colored stripes!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty skirt! I love it paired with the grey top. I have seen so many sandhill cranes this year! They must be breeding very well. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your look is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts