Currently, February 2021. Plus Thursday Moda Linkup.

It is February, I feel like January went by pretty quickly though in its way, each day seemed long! I feel like that's always the case with January. I did a no-buy January - accomplished!! - with the exception of Vivian's Birthday gifts and her birthday party stuff and that costed a good penny, of course. But we had a great, minimal, immediate family celebration. Will share her birthday party here on the blog, soon. Today I am joining ANNE from In Residence with her monthly "Currently" series.




loving: The current shows I am watching including two Albanian TV Shows, "Bodyguard", "Lupin", "A Million Little Things" and during this time every year "The Bachelor" (I am loving this particular bachelor, haven't liked all of them). Next on my list "Monarca", "The Crown", "Bling Empire", "Ratched", "Daughter from Another Mother", "Firefly Lane", "Borgen" so much more. Netflix is addicting! What are some TV shows you have watched and loved lately?! Let me know.

reading: haven't started anything new right now, but there are two books on my night stand currently. What are some books you are suggesting?! I am not looking for anything too heavy. It is dreary and Winter after all.

remembering: Vivian's baby years. She just recently turned 8 so every time a new birthday approaches, I get reminded of my baby and how little she once was. How did 8 years fly by?! She is an actual little person now, she has her traits, her talents, her flaws, her characteristics, her personality. And she makes me so happy and proud every day!

sharing: Some red+pink looks on the blog and on my Instagram this month, in honor of the month of Love. So, stay tuned about that. I shared one today on my Instagram, too. However, we have had some very cold weather so taking photos outside has been no fun!

wishlisting: A good robe, something soft and cozy, 100% cotton, something that feels like you sat on a pile of clouds. I don't even mind spending a little extra on it, as long as it's good and well-made! I plan on wearing it a lot and keeping it for a long time.

As you all know I love looking back into posts shared and blogged during this time of year, on previous years. I usually look back at some of my past outfits and styles. But, today I am doing a non-fashion throwback, since I mentioned Vivian's birthday. I am re-posting a poem I wrote about her, in January 2019 when she turned 6. Here it is. Hope you enjoy it!

My  Daughter
[February 2nd 2019, 11.000 P.M.]

The silkyness of your hair as I hold you tight,
so luscious and long, so healthy and pretty,
the beauty of those deep hazel-green eyes so bright,
those eyes that look into mine with so much love and curiosity!

The feel of your milky ivory, softer-than-soft skin,
the skin I smelled since the moment you were born,
the delightful little baby I held within,
I smelled you, I felt you, I heard your heart beat inside mine!

You were the little human that would change me entirely,
my unicorn world, my ray of sunshine,
you were the reason that today I hold the title of 'mommy',
you little diamond, the most precious stone!

The blood that pumps within my own veins,
my flesh and blood, my mini me, my soul,
your heart that beats inside my own chest,
my beautiful angel, my darling, I love you so!

As you take each step with your brave little self,
as you ask all those questions with what ifs and you wander,
 as you breathe and take a moment to take it all in and relax,
watching the world around you with the a sense of wonder!

Keep living, walking, running, smiling, wondering my little one,
the world is your oyster and you are its wise pearl,
keep dreaming and always believing in fairies and unicorns, 
no one can tell you otherwise, if you believe!


Lastly, here are 3 photos of Vivian from today when she was off from school. I took her outside for a bit and we took a short walk despite the cold. She is totally in her element here. Vivian just loves snow. She was enjoying playing in the snow, walking on it, jumping on it, making snow angels and creating little snow sculptures. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Beautiful poem! Check out Bridgerton on Netflix, it's excellent and Season 2 is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute pictures of Vivian in the snow! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem for a beautiful girl! And I hear you on a cozy cloud-like robe! There is nothing quite like it for warmth and comfort on a cold winter's night!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem! Love these sweet pics of Vivian in the snow!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pics of your daughter in the snow! Hope she had a nice birthday :)

    Thank you for the link up :)

    Hope that you are having a good week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vivian looks like she is having so much fun! I want to watch Bling Empire too! It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your next read is a good one! I've been watching and loving 9-1-1, 9-1-1: Lone Star and Prodigal Son.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful peom..

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't really read much but the prequel to the hunger games and watched all of the avengers movies with my son. Having a teen, I have found that it is good for us to find books and movies to bond over.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing bloggers do no-buy months! I'm excited to see Vivian's party post too, I hope she had a great b-day!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing little Vivien in the snow! You sure have lots of it this year! Love the poem to her, as well. A lovely tribute. I loved The Queen's Gambit and need to get caught up on The Crown as I stopped in Season 2! Happy February, my friend!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been enjoying some romance/rom-com type reads lately as a good escape from winter. Here are 5 I liked :) http://www.anneinresidence.com/2021/01/reading-lately-rom-coms.html

    Just got a suggestion to check out Barefoot Dreams robes, since I'm wishlisting robes too. I agree that it's worth spending a bit more to get something great, because we've got tons of opportunity to use them these days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love dropping by here! And- I want a cozy robe too on my wishlist lol! But, I have to tell you, your beautiful poem had me so teary- love it xx Ti auguro un bellissimo Febbraio, carissima xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw what a lovely poem you wrote for your daughter! How special for her, especially when she grows up.

    I was thinking about checking out Firefly Lane. I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A year ago I was gifted a fluffy, white robe that i promptly hung in my closet and forgot. Have gotten it out this winter and I am in love. Your description of looking for a wearable cloud is exactly what my robe feels like. Hope you find the perfect one for you.
    Happy birthday to your princess. Love the way you LOVE your baby. What a sweet poem you wrote for baby girl. She is a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely poem and photos of Vivian in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a set poem. Vivienne is a lucky girl to have you as her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like Vivian had such a fun time in the snow! So cute! I feel like I have watched so much more TV than normal over the last year, The Crown is SO good, especially the latest season, and I got a kick out of Bling Empire. You are right that there is a ton of content out there to watch!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I want a soft robe too :) Your poem is such a testament of love. I especially love the phrase, "my unicorn world." If your daughter likes unicorns, my (not quite 10 year old) daughter has just discovered the series "Phoebe and Her Unicorn" and it's really fun -- the half book I read.

    I'm belatedly catching up on my "currently" reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts