The Fab 40s: Classic, Timeless, ROYAL TWEED! Plus Linkup.

Hi there. How was your Christmas?! Hope it was joyful with tables full of goodies. I have been eating so much, as you may have seen through my Insta stories, too. 

Today I am back collaborating with the Fab 40s ladies. I have been missing the posts with the Fab 40s ladies over the past two months and was only able to post on my Instagram instead of the blog, due to my old cell-phone whose memory was full and couldn't really take or save many photos. But this holiday month I am back with my other 4 fashionista friends and our theme is TWEED - this classic, timeless, royal fabric. SUZY from Suzy Turner has chosen the theme this time around and I am so glad she did. Suzy loves tweed (just like me), but she was also inspired by the famous Netflix show "The Crown" which talks about the most famous royal family in the world: The Windsors. I took the opportunity to re-wear and re-style this lovely tweed mini skirt I recently shared on the blog, earlier this month and I am glad I did. This entire week you will be seeing tweed skirts as I saved one for the last post of 2020 also, for my Thursday Moda December 31st post. And on the Sunday Showcase linkup on January 3rd, I will remix this exact tweed skirt a third time. Stay tuned. =)

CLASSIC,  TIMELESS,  ROYAL  TWEED!
Ah how much I love tweed and I may have an obsession with tweed mini skirts, like this beauty from Loft. Not only is the black+white fabric perfect but so is the length and those pockets! Tweed after all is classic, timeless and definitely Royal! I wore this holiday look the day after Christmas and even took some family photos so I styled it with my Buffalo Plaid Bordeaux Button-Down Flannel Shirt by Old Navy and added an additional pattern via those Diamond-Patterned Black Tights by Target. These flannel plaid shirts by Old Navy are great. They come in a variety of colors and different plaids and in different cuts too: more fitted or boyfriend style, some tunic lengths, too. I got matching ones this year for the family and this year's version of these Old Navy shirts I particularly love the flannel fabric - so soft and warm. Plus plaid in flannel is totally wintery and perfect for the holidays. I have linked the same exact flannel plaid shirt (on the widget at the bottom of this post) plus other cute plaid shirts, currently all on sale. I have linked some stunning tweed mini skirts, too. Keeping it festive I added a lot of bling via the pretty jewelry - some pieces were Christmas gifts - and that Sparkly Metallic Magenta Knotted Headband by Francesca's. For footwear I chose these double-strap Black Studded Pointy-Toe Ballet Flats by Steve Madden that are both dressy and totally chic plus comfortable. What do you think?! How did I style my tweed?!
I love that we got dressed up as a family and took some Holiday Family Photos - something we will make a tradition out of, every year. This is my lovely immediate family - my dear daughter Vivian who is no stranger to this blog and my mom and dad - my blood, my heart, my entire mini world that means EVERYTHING to me! Love these family photos. A couple will be printed out and framed!
Outfit Details:
Tweed Mini Skirt: Loft. 
Bordeaux Buffalo Plaid Button-Down: Old Navy (current).
 Diamond Patterned Black Tights: Target.
Magenta Metallic Knotted Headband: Francesca’s.
 Silver Bracelets & Watch: Brighton Collectibles / Gifted (current).
Mini Circle Champagne Studs: Loft.
Black Pointy Ballet Flats: Steve Madden.

Here are my FAB 40s friends styling their plaid. Starting off with SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge.
Outfit Details:
Blazer: Thrifted.
Dress: Old (Kohl's maybe).
Jewelry: Old.
Belt & Gloves: Torrid.
Tights: c/o Sheertex.
Beret: c/o Banggood.
Shoes: Shoe Dazzle.

There is something both trendy and retro about Shelbee's look. Complete with feminine details like those blush bootie pumps, the pink beret and the lace inserts in her skirt, yet keeping it classy and polished with that tweed blazer. She killed it!

Outfit Details:
Tweed Jacket: Tu at Sainsburry's.
Khaki Trousers & Jumper: Massimo Dutti.
Jewelry: Gifts from Mother-in-Law.
Pink Scarf: Old.
Sparkly Boots: Doc Martens.

An army green-brownish pantsuit paired with beautiful bright purple pieces?! Not something I would have thought of but Suzy certainly did, and she looks fabulous. I love that she chose a headband almost identical to mine today and those sparkly Doc Martens are stunning and how unique to wear them with this look! Love how she styled this otherwise masculine, tailored suit!

Those are THE PERFECT TWEED TROUSERS. Loose enough, dressy, office-chic, a little masculine. Daenel stayed true to herself dressing them down a little bit with that off-shoulder oversized beautiful cream cable-knit sweater. I love the pop of bra strap through the sweater. And the big circle earrings add some flair too. The end results: an outfit that is both elegant and modern, dressed up yet dressed down!


Come back tomorrow for Thursday Moda as I style another tweed mini skirt by Loft. =)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Lovely pictures of you and your family! The plaid shirt works so well with the tweed skirt. Happy New Year to you and your adorable daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, I love this combination of your cute tweed skirt with that fun Buffalo plaid top! All the little details are so perfect, too. Your family photos are so beautiful, too! Wishing you all the best in the new year, my friend! You have lots to be excited for, I'm sure!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of your family at Christmas to cherish. Happy New Year to you all! Love your styling of this cute tweed skirt, and Vivian looks adorable in her big bow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute skirt and such lovely family photos! :) We always take photos in front of the Christmas tree each year, it's a fun tradition, although it can be tricky to fit the tree in there sometimes as there are so many of us and we kind of hide it!

    Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a happy new year :) Thanks for the link up!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorble look. Happy New Year!

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an interesting combination, i love the tweed and the unexpected twist with this shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts