Stylish Monday November Linkup - These Boots are Made for Talkin' About.

I am back with the over 40s crew of our Facebook group of stylish ladies (from all over the world) for our November Style edition. This month we are styling boots and booties - the ultimate shoe of choice for Fall and Winter. I would say at least from November through April. So yes this very important accessory - BOOTS - are made for talkin' about, for sure! We need boots and booties for the cold months, from rain boots, snow boots,  leather boots and suede boots to stylish stiletto boots or even trendy ones like lace, snakeskin, color-blocked, embossed, over-the-knee, etc. I love how versatile and different all of our boots are. Not only did the nine of us style very different boots but all of our outfits couldn't be any different too. I am in love with those sassy and sexy lace over-the-knee boots that Shelbee shared and how she styled them. Andrea's boots are gorgeous too, look very well-made and probably the most versatile boots out of all of our boots today. Last but not least, Suzanne's and Nina's outfits are my favorites this month. I love how everyone has their style which also is dictated by the different weathers we have. I am the youngest one of the group (barely 40! LOL) and I still have a young child, so I think this casual street-style outfit I put together is very appropriate for my lifestyle as a busy mom, but I also think is trendy yet elegant for my age - though I do believe anyone can wear whatever they desire, despite their age and not follow any "fashion rules". I stayed true to my style by accessorizing with a hat and oversized sunnies.

THESE  BOOTS  ARE  MADE  FOR  TALKIN'  ABOUT.
I am dying over this boots+booties post because that’s what I wear for 6 months here in Michigan. I decided to wear and style these over-the-knee ruched taupe faux suede booties by Target which if I remember correctly I only wore once last year (shame on me). First of all they are very comfortable despite the heels (they have a block heel) and the taupe color makes them very easy to pair with anything because it's a neutral. These are the "Lainee" Heeled Scrunch Boots by Target and this is the 3rd year I have had them. Target has had the Lainee Ruched Boots for a few years now. They brought back these boots this year in 3 colors: taupe (like mine), black and cognac - all neutrals. I love the cognac too and debated between those and the taupe. Glad I went with the taupe though. I think these boots are very well-made for the price and don't look cheap at all, they look like real suede though they are not.  Today I styled my faux suede taupe ruched boots by Target in a monochrome grey+taupe look that matches my leafy background. These boots looked so good with my grey moto jeans from Nordstrom (old) and my leopard tunic sweatshirt by Abercrombie (new). This sweatshirt is SO GOOD! Love the snap buttons on each side. It is long enough to wear with leggings too and so well-made. Abercrombie has the best sweatshirts ladies, the best! The mauve mini velvet crossbody bag added an additional texture to the look especially since it's quilted, and I love the mild print-mixing with my herringbone newsboy cap. I think grey, taupe, blush pink or mauve, nude/beige and even leopard (which is a neutral) all mix+match together very well to create a monochromatic look!

Love the details, the subtle mauve-taupe leopard and those snap buttons on this gorgeous tunic sweatshirt by Abercrombie. I cannot find it online unfortunately but it is current at the Abercrombie store and you can purchase it at the store.

Check out these beauties below (in alphabetical order):
"I’m styling my absolute favorite taupe suede block heel boots. I’ve had them for several years and love them for both their versatility (I mean…the color goes with everything!) and their comfort! I have a wide calf, so finding boots to fit is a challenge for me. I don’t mind splurging when I find a pair that fits!"

EMMA of  Style Splash
"Boots are my favourite type of footwear and I have many pairs in different styles and colours. I usually prefer darker colours but I’d been looking for a pair of white or cream knee boots for a while when I spotted these on sale. They were too good to resist! I really like the chain detail on the heel…and they make a change from brown and black!”

"Can a girl have too many boots? Why of course not!!! That poses a dilemma as to which to post for this month’s theme as I l love all types of boots and have various styles in various colors! I opted to share several boot styles that I thought I’d never wear…never say never! I thought I’d never wear over the knee boots as I felt they made the tops of my thighs look too thick – like muffin top but thigh top – LOL! I know I’m late to the OTK boots but hey better late than never. I also thought combat boots weren’t for me. While I thought others could pull them off well, I just wasn’t feeling them. That is until I found a Jessica Simpson embellished pair with rhinestone buckles! If it sparkles and shines, I’m all about it!”

“I adore boots and especially ankle boots! These gun metal ankle boots are one of my favorites! Actually, I love all of my ankle boots. It’s an addiction, lol.”

“It was like you switched a button. From one day to the other fall turned to winter – Alaska winter. We are breaking one negative temperature record after the other. Today in the morning, it was -32C (-25.6F). The old record was -24C (-11.2F) in 1999. Average high is -5C (23F) and average low is -13C (8.6F). Well, obviously, that’s weather, not climate. And it means boots are a Must when you want to wear a skirt. Well, I am a hard-die skirt and dress gal. Thus, I bite the bullet.”

“I love a good pair of boots to create a seasonal look even though the weather isn’t cool.”  

"Boots are my very favorite footwear ever. I am always drawn toward bold statement boots, too. It was so hard to choose which pair to feature for this month’s theme, but I finally settled on these over the knee lace boots from Shoe Dazzle, one of my favorite places to shop for shoes. I bought these a few years ago and they were really tight around the calves, but after losing a few pounds they now fit perfectly. I paired them with a long-forgotten taupe chiffon and lace dress from a few years ago. Recently, I have not had much reason to get dressed at all let alone dressed up, so I used this style prompt as a reason to go all out dressy!"

SUZANNE of Ask Suzanne Bell
"Everyone needs a classic boot; a workhorse that you can wear every day, day or night – season after season. I own 2 pairs of this classic block heel boot, one brown, the other black from Tory Burch. And though they look alike, they are actually quite different. Yes, they DO have the same heel (which I LOVE), but the brown pair is a slouch tall boot – the black, a side zip classic black boot. I rarely purchase anything in doubles, but these boots are that good.”

I got some pattern mixing going between the leopard sweatshirt, the snakeskin leather earrings, the tortoise sunglasses and the herringbone hat. By the way, would you call the pattern of my newsboy cap - herringbone or chevron?! I think herringbone is the better name, what do you think?!


SHOP  MY  BOOTS  AND  THE  REST  OF  MY  OUTFIT,  BELOW:



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. Love your outfit. I'm all about boots for the fall and winter.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this cozy fall look and those boots are so fab too! Thanks for the linkup!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute look, Ada! I love your leopard print top and your cool jeans. Your boots are perfect for every day mom stuff and still looking wildly adorable! But it is your hat that really got me! LOVE! And I would have called it herringbone but then I looked it up and it is actually a chevron print. Here is what I found about the two prints...

    "Herringbone is a pattern made up of equal-size, rectangular pieces, arranged in a staggered zig-zag pattern. The distinct characteristic of herringbone is that one rectangle is cut precisely so that the end of one plank or tile meets to the side of the other. This technique creates a beautiful, “broken” zig-zag design."

    "Chevron is an inverted V pattern, with each side meeting at the point without interruption. The results are a seamless zig-zag pattern."

    It is easier to tell the difference if you Google search for images.

    xoxo
    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in love with this fall look! Those boots are fantastic and I adore the hat on you.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts