Currently, December 2020. Plus Thursday Moda.

Happy Holiday Season and Happy last Month of 2020! It is December Eve and it feels like it, because tomorrow on December 1st we will have our first snow of the season (and it will stick)! Just like that - in a year full of sickness, uncertainty, unemployment, tears and difficulties - we are finally in December, the very last month of this crazy year and that's an understatement! But you know what, it is my favorite time of the year because I HEART CHRISTMAS. My Christmas tree has been up for 3 weeks already and the other decor too (every room gets a little cheer). This month of December, I am also looking forward to all the collaborations I have coming up with my friend MIREILLE of Chez Mireille. In honor of the holidays, we will do a Sunday Showcase linkup every Sunday, starting this Sunday December 6th through the first Sunday of the New Year. I am particularly looking forward to our first Sunday Showcase coming up in a few days because I came up with a very fun idea for a style post. Stay tuned. =) I am loving the prompts/themes that ANNE from Anne in Residence chose this month, for her currently linkup. Linking with her as usual.


baking: I don't bake (I have mentioned this before) so I will switch this to buying all the baked goods such as those yummy Danish butter cookies that come out during the holidays only (they are always delish, especially in the morning with your coffee), all the chocolate truffles especially Lindor ones, cannolis (I alternate between the ones with the vanilla buttercream and the chocolate mousse-filled ones - I prefer the chocolaty ones) and these amazing Italian cookies from Sam's Club. I am pretty sure I will gain a few pounds during this holiday season which is a problem because I gained quite a few this year - Covid and all - so I am trying to loose weight, not gain some! C'Est la Vie!!

decorating: 3 Christmas trees this year (the largest is 8 feet tall and it is stunning, then a 7.5 feet one which is Vivian's white tree this year and it's so girly and beautiful you guys and a 4.5 feet one that we placed by the fireplace this year). I have more decor throughout the home too, like several wreaths, our stockings, brush trees, kitchen towels, my cocoa bar, little cars holding Christmas trees, Santas, bowls filled with ornaments, etc. As I mentioned a little above, I have been in the decorating mood for quite some time, this year a lot earlier than Thanksgiving because it's 2020 and we need all the cheer! Plus decorating takes so much time and lots of putting away, decluttering and organizing before and after, so I figured it's worth keeping the decorations on longer, a couple of months give or take. I missed it this year but I will definitely do a holiday home tour this year, sometime in the middle of December!

gifting: Puffer coats and some outdoor gear/accessories. This year everyone (including me) is getting a new puffer coat and of course scarves, beanies and gloves, too - will probably put the gloves and beanies as a stocking stuffer. We live in Michigan and we wear the heck out of our coats so I think this is a very useful and necessary present, for sure. I might do a little gifting and giving on my Instagram too. I think I will randomly treat some ladies to coffee, on me. Just to pay it forward!

hoping: For Covid vaccines to start soon. So thankful that not one but two very successful companies are in their final stages of the vaccines and from the latest news, the hospital staff and all health workers and nursing homes, should start getting vaccinated as early as next week. Hallelujah!! I am sick of Covid, come on!

sending: A Christmas wish list to Santa from sweet Vivian. She wrote her list yesterday and I glanced through it. Did you guys know about 3D pens or what they do?! I swear I learn so many things from her, every single day lol. Vivian's list is not a huge list and she is not asking for a lot, but it all adds up  still and I am not working right now so we shall see.

Now, I am looking back at two Holiday posts from 2018. First up is a collaboration post I did with some of my blogging friends "What to Wear to a Holiday Winter Wedding" and second is a post showing Vivian's holiday style, remixing a red buffalo plaid flannel skirt, two ways. Let's take a look back.

Bringing out my Albanian blood in my native colors - black and red - I styled a full black faux leather midi skirt with a silky, lace-trimmed red shell/sleeveless blouse and lots of silver sparkle and sequins via my tiny clutch and block-heel sandals. I thought it was a nice holiday-inspired look for a Holiday Winter Wedding. I quite love this outfit with the beaded stack of bracelets, the fun beaded statement earrings and the makeup - is so pretty and perfect!

This little flannel red+black buffalo print skirt of Vivian's, is one of my most favorite pieces I have ever purchased for her. It is so cute and honestly I want it in my size. What you can't see is that it has a shimmery gold elastic band. It looked adorable with her pink graphic holiday tee featuring a reindeer and those gorgeous velvet red pom pom ballet flats, or in a warmer cozier look paired with a fleece, red penguin graphic sweatshirt, grey-printed leggings and her dark red/wine leather booties. Which one of her two looks are her favorite?!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. Claire got a 3D pen last year and has made some cute things with it! They are fun! Vivian would love one I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great answer for "hoping." I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coats for everyone gift idea and hats and gloves are a great add on!
    Super cute outfits on both of you! These are great colors for a winter wedding!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Vivian both look so beautiful and festive! Happy Holidays!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to bake but I'm not sure how much I'll do this year. With the remodel going on at our house we haven't even decorated much at all - things are just off this year! Thanks for the link up Ada, and I think puffer coats are such a good idea!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in Michigan too! And I just bought a new puffer for my son- you are right they are so necessary here! I am a big fan of buffalo plaid - and your daughter's outfit is perfect styled both ways!

    And I also love Danish butter cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to our collabs too! We will put up our main tree this weekend and then I will start taking pictures for the home tour. I am trying to stay ahead a little on blog posts so as not to have to write things last minutes: especially the pictures! Love the black and red outfits! It is a nice combination. Puffer coats and winter gear sounds like a great idea: practical but fun too.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vivian is the cutest ever!! And you look so hot in that little red and black number- Albanians just know how good red and black is;) Have a great rest of the week darling xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping for the distribution of the vaccine, too! You and Vivienne look very festive, I hope you are enjoying the holiday preparations and season. Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for getting new coats.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ada
    I love the reindeer sweater Vivian is wearing! Darling! You both look so pretty and festive in red and I love the sparkly heels! I do enjoy dressing up for the Holidays, even if we are just home. I am impressed with the tree and that you have 3 of them, we need to get the decor going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We really haven't had any snow on this side of the state yet - weird! I don't mind it in December though :) I agree that it's definitely the year for decorating early, and I think a puffer coat is an excellent gift for Michiganders any time. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you decorated not one, but THREE Christmas trees this year! You go, girl!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of a 3D pen, and my daughter might be a little too young for one still, but I'm definitely going to research it for future gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like everybody is in the mood for a festive Christmas season this year!! I think we all need some celebrating just to say we got through this year! I LOVE your faux leather skirt with that red top!! And Vivien always looks adorable. Happy holiday season, my friend!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts