Thursday Moda #232 Pink Week for Breast Cancer - Colorblocked Pink.

Happy Thursday Moda and Welcome to Day 4 of Pink Week. In case you are wondering why I am wearing shades of pink all this week, it's for Breast Cancer Awareness or like I have been calling it "breast cancer aWEARness", a great cause to post about. This post is coming so late, but you can't fight Mother Nature. Over the last 24 hours we have had lots of rain, storms and power shortages. I am finally able to blog and I have a great outfit to share today, too. Today I am joined by my friend CHRISTINE from Bon Chic Style and we are showing two ways to wear Colorblocked Pink. Pink is such a beautiful, vivid, powerful color and it colorblocks great with so many other colors. Pink is a color that makes a statement and let's wear it! Don't be afraid to wear Pink! Pink looks great with black, turquoise, cream, aqua, lime and even colors that are similar in shade like red, crimson, purple or bourdeaux.

COLORBLOCKED  PINK.
Today I colorblocked a bright pink piece with two colors: deep emerald and black. This outfit was brought to you by J. Crew. I am wearing their hot pink/bright pink button-front pencil skirt with their fitted, light, short-sleeve emerald green sweater. It was an unexpected color mix but I liked it. These two pieces were purchased at the same time and the two colors looked so good when I pulled them out of the bag, so I thought I'd give them a try and I am glad I did because they worked. Because it is chilly I opted for black tights with matching black boots. I just got these suede booties by American Eagle and I love their contrasting brown block heels. The mixed gold+silver jewelry pieces I am wearing (the chain necklace and the wrap cuff bracelet) are both by Express. In case you are wondering I wore this outfit for a Zoom interview and to Target afterwards. It was very comfortable and it is quite elegant! What do you think?! What are the best colors to colorblock bright pinks with?!

These are the amazing Chelsea boots by American Eagle linked on the widget below too. They are awesome boots and worth every penny, even if you pay full price (I didn't, but they are not currently on sale). Stay with your true size, possibly a half size down.
Christine killed it in her bright pink + black look. First of all that bubblegum pink tiered midi dress is stunning (a beautiful H+M find!) but she stayed true to her French edgy aesthetic and paired it with a black leather moto jacket and matching black leather booties. Perfection! You can see details from her look in her latest post currently on her blog. I suggest you check it out because Christine has amazing style!


This pointelle sweater is so adorable. I love the dainty, feminine details with the little ruffles on the neckline and the sleeves. These kind of pointelle sweaters should be worn with a nude camisole or a nude bra underneath, like I wore mine. The skirt is so pretty too. It is actually a denim material and between the fabric, the sporty button-front style with those fun pockets, the tie belt and the cool stitching - this skirt is definitely a fun, casual piece. But you can dress it up for work like I did here because of the silhouette. Yeay for 60% off clearance sales at J. Crew. They do them every now and then. You can buy very well-made, expensive and cool pieces like these from J. Crew and save. These are currently sold out but I linked many stunning pink skirts and pretty+unique green short-sleeve sweaters.


This is the beautiful gold-tone oval chain link lariat necklace by Express, also linked on the widget below. The last 2 links hanging down are pave and I love the sparkle the add. This piece is such a fine, pretty, easy-to-wear jewelry. It is dainty enough but makes a statement, for sure!



Because this is Pink Week, I am featuring all shades of pinks in some cool outfits that were linked on Thursday Moda last week. 5 blonde bombshells and a special brunette who made it as my featured blogger - someone I am lucky to know and have met in real life, looking fabulous in a skirt she styled two ways. Thank you to everyone who follows along, joins my linkup weekly and for all the compliments on my Fall dress that I posted last Thursday.

This week's featured blogger is my dear friend CHRISSY from Granola & Grace whose style and spirit I love. This babe is beautiful inside out. Vivian and I had the chance to meet her this Summer when we traveled to Florida. You can check out this post about us meeting and spending a couple of quality hours together, in her city of Sarasota. Sweet Chrissy rejoined my Thursday Moda last week and I am so glad I saw her cute style again. She linked up this adorable black+white gingham midi skirt, where with a 'Change of a Jacket' she beautifully styled it 3 different ways. First of all, I am in love with Chrissy's skirt, where can I buy it?! It is totally something I would wear. I love how she took this skirt and proved that you can totally change the look of the same skirt and top by adding a different jacket and a different pair of sandals. Let's not forget she lives in Florida after all, but I love all her 3 pairs of sandals for her 3 looks. The look I didn't feature on my collage was her most casual look, but I fell in love with the 2 outfits above, which are both dressy, feminine, modern and ultra cool. I especially love the outfit on the left with the cascading black leather blazer and those cute leopard shoes. It is perfect for date night!

A Throwback Thursday Pic from Chrissy and I meeting in Sarasota, Florida, back in August of this year.

My friend Kathrine does bohemian mixed with edgy so effortlessly. She teaches us 'How to Style a Blissful Babydoll Boho Top' (love that alliteration) and yes you can totally do a blousy-style top with bell bottoms or boot-cut jeans as she did.
This has never happened before with anyone (ever), but Kellyann was featured on Thursday Moda two weeks in a row and it is well-deserved. She is the first fashionista 'Styling Combat Boots' this week, and she did the perfect yin+yang between her sweet, collared hot pink dress and those edgy boots.
One person who always wears soft pinks, baby pink, blush and millennial pink is the very girly Lizzie. She shared her latest 'Feminine Fashion Haul' which included this blush pink dress adorned with sweet strawberries which match her heart-shaped strawberry purse.
F.Y.I. Vivian wore hearts and strawberries today for school.
Gail is the cool lady who wears pink and purple together, without a care. She announced - and I quote - that was the 'Skirt of My Dreams' and I love the cool jacquard fabric of the skirt with a metallic sheen, perfectly matching those silver booties.
Last but not least, this East Coast teacher styled a layered tulle-over-floral maxi with the of-the-moment black combat boots. But if Debbie's style wasn't enough, she is an excellent writer. Her post is a great read with 'Quick Tips for Facing Your Fears'.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. It was so fun collaborating! Let's do it again soon.
    Until then, have a fabulous weekend :-)
    Christine
    www.bonchicstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, Ada-I love everything about your bright pink skirt! Breast cancer is a wonderful cause to raise awareness for. Thanks for the link up and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that bright pink looks great with so many colors! I love it with that deep green and think a deep red would also work! A great cause, Ada. Thanks for keeping it in the forefront.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ada you look wonderful!! This pink is so perfect on you and I love that it is for the cause xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the unexpected color pairing! What a fun skirt!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the feature Ada! Your look is so chic. I adore that skirt! Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ada!!! What an honor to be featured twice! You are so kind!
    Xo,
    Kellyann
    Http://www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all of these pink looks, Ada! Green and pink is one of my favorite color combinations. And that's so fun you got to meet Chrissy in person!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your color blocking is stunning Ada, love the combo of emerald with pink! Thanks for joining the #7DaySkirtChallenge link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ada, I love pink and green together! What a beautiful combination. This shade of green looks amazing on you. And your pink skirt is so darn adorable! Great outfit, my friend! Thanks for linking with me.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts