Pink Week for Breast Cancer: Monochromatic Pink and a Blogger Meet-Up.

Today is the second day of my Pink Week for breast cancer aWEARness month. This cause is such an important and serious issue for women, for our health and for the early detection of breast cancer. It is a great cause I support each year, that is why this year I am dedicating an entire week of pink outfits, to this cause. Today I chose to style an entirely monochromatic outfit in pink and I am also joined by one of my oldest and sweetest blogging friends LAURA from I Do deClaire, a Midwestern blogger from Illinois and mom to two little girls, her oldest daughter Claire is the namesake of Laura's blog and she is the same age as Vivian.

MONOCHROMATIC  PINK.
For today's Monochromatic Pink post, I chose to post this beautiful monochrome pink outfit in layers and layers of soft pinks, blush and nudes, which I wore on an early afternoon coffee date, last Friday. My coffee date was with a fellow Michigan blogger, fashion lover and wardrobe stylist, my new friend JENNIFER from Curated by Jennifer (who also took all of the photos in today's post except the selfies and my shoe shots). My patterned black+pink cropped pants by Liz Claiborne have the darkest shade of pink in them - hot pink. My beautiful wool poncho (it is current by Target) is in a pretty, light pink color and I wore it over a very soft, luxe tee purchased at a local boutique from the city of Northville. I am also carrying a vegan leather, sustainable back-pack handbag in millennial pink by Steve Madden (which I recently got and it is stunning and fits a lot inside). I also wore my nude-ish pink felt fedora that looked great with all the colors of this outfit and a pair of suede nude pumps by H+M (made of sustainable material too) that are super comfortable and I love the heel height. My Burberry-inspired plaid oversized scarf ties in all the colors and shades of this outfit: the pinks and the nudes. It was slightly chilly that day so my poncho and scarf kept me warm while adding lots of style and flair to this look. I think these are the perfect feminine layers for Fall.

The location of today's pictures (from last Friday) was the same city as in yesterday's post, the city of Milford, Michigan. However, Jennifer and I shot in different spots than when I was in Milford with my little Vivian. This is the infamous waterfall located on the back of a little plaza downtown Milford, right next to the parking lot. It is a great spot for pictures but unfortunately there was a lot of construction around it. We still ended up taking some cute photos of each other. I had a hard time selecting the final pics for this post.
I also did a little hand-stack with monochromatic pink+white beaded bracelets, on my hand. And, last but not least - though it's so hard to see them - I am wearing little pink flamingo studs which I purchased at a local boutique in Clearwater, Florida when we visited this year.
Laura looks elegant in a business-casual outfit with bubblegum pink cropped pants, a millennial pink tee, nude shoes with a matching bag and a navy blazer for an additional color. I love that both Laura and I both styled dressy cropped pants with nude pumps and big neutral bags, but both our outfits couldn't be more different!
It was lovely meeting Jennifer last week. We talked about a bunch of things, related to blogging, photo shoots, sustainability, healthy foods and more. We will definitely meet up again, in another gorgeous Michigan town. Jen was not the first blogger I met up this year. Back in late August when I visited Florida, I also visited my dear sweet friend CHRISSY from Granola and Grace. Chrissy blogged about that here. Yeay to blogging friends! They get it! Thank you Jennifer for taking these lovely photos with your iPhone, too.





I am also joining Laura's Linkup today, which goes LIVE every week on Tuesdays.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Ada, I love all the pinks and patterns mixed together! And what a great series for October. I usually do something breast cancer related this month and I just have not gotten around to it. And how cool that you met Jennifer! I bet that was so fun. She took gorgeous photos for you and I love the selfies with both you. Blogger meet ups are the best!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice meeting you!! Cannot wait to do it again!

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and I really love this pink outfit on you: it is a gorgeous color with your hair and complexion! So fun to meet up with another blogger. So far I have only met one but hope to me you and others in the future!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm loving your super feminine scarf, Ada! What a pretty fall and winter piece!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the meaning behind this post, and you look so pretty in pink!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pink items Ada and its is such for such great cause, close to all women's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the way your scarf and sweater look together! This is such a wonderful idea to help raise awareness! Thank you for asking me to be a part of it! It's so fun you were able to meet up with another blogger. This blogging world builds so many wonderful connections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a blogger meet up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute mix of prints and pink tones in your outfit! it's great you got to catch up with another blogger too!

    Hope that you had a good weekend! :) Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts