Fallin' for Tie Dye - September Stylish Monday Linkup.

This month I am once again joining all the stylish ladies of STYLISH MONDAY - a group of blogging fashionistas all together as part of a Facebook group. The theme chosen this month is "Fallin' for Tie Dye" which is fitting, because this very fun print from the 70s seems to have made the hugest comeback in 2020. However I can't say I own a lot of tie dye, with the exception of a couple of t-shirts, one of which I wore today, as you can see. But all the international ladies from this collaboration surely have some fun, exciting and very unique tie dye pieces which they beautifully styled. I particularly love Julie's Dress, Emma's Skirt and Shelbee's Kimono.
Not all tie-dye is made the same. Those bright super neon tie dyes are not for me. But give me a cozy, light as air white tee dipped in baby blue and baby pink and we are talking!! It looks like a gorgeous skyline. Fall temperatures have definitely arrived in Michigan so I wore mine with a Faux Leather Black Moto Jacket. Perfect yin+yang between the softness of the girly tee and the rocker edginess of the jacket. Both pieces are by Hollister and they are current! I am still wearing Summery sandals though because I think they are appropriate for temperatures in the late 50s to mid 60s. The bright royal blue sandals read Summer but the gold metallic knotted headband I chose is perfect to transition into Fall.


Nancy of Nancy’s Fashion Style

“I had to search real deep for something tie dye and I found this Primark summer dress that I don’t even own anymore. I guess tie dye is the same as kimonos over here in the Netherlands. Just not that popular. Don’t know why not if you see all my lovely Stylish Monday friends in their beautiful items!”

 

Andy of Pearls and Pantsuits

“I am loving the tie-dye trend for fall! My orange and blue tie-dye top is actually a dress – I’ve knotted it and styled it with jeans just for fun. Check out my blog post to see how I styled it as a dress, along with more cute tie-dye pieces, and how I’ve styled them for the fall season. I love to play with my clothes, especially when it’s something as versatile as this!”

 

Julie of Fashion Trends and Friends

“I have and always will be a huge fan of the tie dye trend! This might be my third blog post on the trend. My tie dye maxi dress (new from Amazon) is super easy to style for every season. I’ve paired it with my Half Tee for better coverage so that it can be worn to work. Additionally, I can add a denim jacket for some warmth in the fall. The tie dye dress can easily be worn over a long sleeve tee and some booties in the winter! Did I mention this maxi has pockets and is super soft?! If all over tie dye isn’t your thing, think about just a touch of tie dye in a top or more subtle colors like bleach tie dye.”


Emma of Style Splash

“I bought this skirt years ago, and while I love it, I find it difficult to style so have only worn it a few times. This theme gave me the impetus to dig it out and give it another chance. I’ve paired it with a sweater with a cute pearl-embellished collar that I bought in a charity shop.”

 

Nicole of High Latitude Style

“Traditionally, tie-dye is associated with the heat of summer and outdoor festivals. However, tie-dyed scarves can also look great in fall and winter as my look demonstrates.”

tie dye, kimono, little black dress, wedge sandals, fashion over 40, Stylish Monday, Shelbee on the Edge
Shelbee of Shelbee on the Edge

“I found this tie dye kimono at Torrid a few years ago and I definitely do not give it enough air time. I love the tie dye pattern on it and the fun fringe details and it is the perfect layering piece for this time of year. I have worn it with jeans and shorts as well, but I think I prefer it with a cute little black dress and sandals.”

Here are the other ladies of Stylish Monday:







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Image Map


Comments

  1. Tie dye was one trend I was shocked that I like it. I have 5 tie dye shirts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun theme! I love these pretty pastel colors on your tie dye tee! And thanks so much for the shout out. Looking forward to all the fun collaborations coming up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ada, Another fun collaboration! I'm so glad you've joined us and I look forward to seeing how you style each month's theme. Your soft tie dye colors are beautiful on you! It's important to wear what you love and stay true to yourself. That's truly when a person looks her best!

    Julie xo
    www.fashiontrendsandfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved tie dye, what at fun collab.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts