Currently, September 2020.

Happy September!! I cannot believe I am saying September. While most if not all of us have hated 2020, it is two thirds of the way done and this month signalizes the start of FALL!! And I love Fall, especially here in Michigan -- it is absolutely stunning! Also - like a lot a of you I am sure - September to me means new beginnings: a new school year, the month of New York Fashion Week which brings new styles, new trends and sets the tone for each store and brand's new fall collections and let's not forget all the September issues: Vogue, Vanity Fair, In Style, Marie Claire - I may even pick up a few this year! This month's highlight: Vivian starting second grade, of course. A new school year always excites both me and her. I even took her to lunch and took her shopping (at Abercrombie Kids - her favorite store) yesterday. The girl got the cutest new pants, a fun new tie-dye sweatshirt, a pair of blush pink Skechers sneakers and the most fun nude-colored perforated peep-toe booties (with heels!!) to match mommy. What?! So let's see what we are up to, this September?!




appreciating: The crispness in the air and the cooler nights. I am never one to rush Summer going away but I always try to appreciate what Mother Nature has to offer, plus I always love layering a denim jacket, a cardigan or a kimono over a dress or a skirt+tank so with the lower temperatures during some of the days, I am definitely appreciating the cool, crisp, slightly chilly air. It is refreshing and makes me look forward to Autumn.

anticipating: My cousin's baby shower coming up in two weeks. My first cousin Gloria is like a sister to me and she is expecting her first baby - a girl! I am so happy for her. I may or may have not gone crazy purchasing presents for her sweet pink bundle of joy! 

collecting: Shot glasses - I just added 3 new ones to my collection. They are from Clearwater Beach and St. Petersburg - 2 cities I absolutely loved (from our Florida vacation last week). 

starting: To think about Vivian starting second grade in exactly a week!  It will be an interesting school year to say the least, especially the first semester but we will navigate this together! This - thinking of second grade - gives me chills and makes me shed both tears of joy/happiness and tears of sadness (sad about how fast years go and how fast our kids grow!) More about Vivian in today's post (below) as I look back into some of her past looks she has worn on September 1st of the previous years. They popped up in my phone's timeline all day and I showed them through my Instagram stories too.

finishing: Packing and putting away all the clothes, souvenirs and presents we brought from our trip to Florida. I did most of the unpacking the day after we returned but I still have to put away most of the stuff. When you are gone for 2 weeks and you have to pack for 2 people, it gets to be a lot of things. 

Normally, I do an outfit recap of my own looks, in these monthly posts. However, today I chose to do a recap and a #WayBackWednesday on my mini me Vivian. So see how my daughter Vivian has grown through the years each September and how she has always been stylish!!

2013
The cutest 7-month old baby girl - my Vivian - is wearing a pink+white striped seersucker sleeveless shirtdress with a white onesie underneath and the cutest pink+white gingham silk shoes with matching socks. We accessorized with a darling mini bow lacy headband in white+yellow. Her headband is from Wal Mart and the rest of the outfit is from Albania. I love this darling look and I can think this style can work for older girls too, up to 8 years old.

2014
A gorgeous closeup photo of Vivian a few days after she got her first haircut. At 18 months old we gave Vivian a cute bob haircut complete with full bangs. And look at her semi-toothy smile! Here Viv is wearing a pink+white gingham seersucker dress that came with that pink+green short-sleeve cardigan. It is by a brand named "Little Lass". They make the cutest dresses for baby girls and toddlers.

2016
One of the prettiest dresses Vivian has ever owned - gosh I miss Gymboree. This one combines a bold and girly floral print with pink+white seersucker stripes on that hemline (I see a theme, here!). Vivian accessorized with colorful spring bracelets (two on each side) from Cat+Jack's kids line at Target. I love that we went bold with those black Nike sneakers. The neon pink stripes pick up the bright pink cupcake-patterned bow on her hair (by Walmart). And Vivian is rocking those pink silver-studded sunglasses by Disney Kids.

2017
This sporty yet girly outfit comes from Wal Mart. I love that the dress mixes a neutral grey with neon yellow, neon green and neon orange. And those chambray sneakers with white polka dots got a lot of wear, wish she owned some now! The little sparkly bunny baby pink headband is from Target's dollar aisles (it was $1.00)! And look at her posing with her head looking down!

2018
Wearing an adorable chambray dress from Target embroidered with white flowers and the overlay top has a scallop hemline which I love. The little white socks pick up the white trim on her dress and the white stripes of her black+white Minnie sunglasses by Disney. While her sparkly pink Mary Jane jelly shoes by Target match her little spring pink bracelet and the pink scrunchie.

last year
Being the girly girl that she is, once again Vivian wears a dress with sneakers and lace-trimmed socks - both in sparkly baby pink. Which is perfect because those stars in her midnight sky blue dress (by Macy's) have pink stars. My adorable Vivian wore this dress on her first week of school last year for first grade, clearly you can tell by her pose how happy she was! This was the third outfit she wore to school on her first week of first grade and she rocked it!

AND...
today
I decided to show you how much Vivian has grown. This is her latest outfit, from today September 1st. She mixes prints like a pro pairing a leopard fit+flare dress with cropped neon mint leggings that say "You are my Sunshine" (both pieces are from Cat+Jack at Target). With two pigtails, her gold hair barrettes with yellow pom-poms and silver+pink graphic slide sandals, Vivi is perfectly dressed for a casual Summer day. Vivian truly is my sunshine, she has changed my life and I don't even know how my life was prior to her being born.




Comments

  1. Vivian has grown up so much.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter has such cute outfits! :) I hope you enjoy your autumn season! September is spring here and I'm enjoying the warmer weather already - nice to shed the layers!

    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vivian is growing into such a beautiful young girl! I cannot believe she and Ralphie are going into second grade this year! Where did the time go?

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. where has the time gone, seems yesterday that Viv was a baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Good Luck to Vivian!! Wishing her a fantastic school year:) Love your post- makes me joyful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Vivian has a great school year! She looks so cute in her stylish outfits and I enjoyed the flashback-she his growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivian is such a little fashionista! Love seeing how much she has grown! Hope she has a great school year!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fun to see how how kids grow: I love when memories pop up on Facebook . September means 3 birthdays, an anniversary and looking forward to some fall vacations!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Vivian has some lovely outfits :) Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! It is fun to catch up with you and how your vacation was! I hope Vivian's first day goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is the cutest! Hope she has an amazing school year.

    Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Ada, Vivian is growing up in front of our eyes, I can still remember her as a baby !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts