The Fab 40s Travel the World through their Bucket List Countries - August 2020.

After taking a long blogging break due to my 2-week vacation, I am back and joining the ladies of "The Fab 40's" for good. The Fab 40s is a group of 5 ladies blogging from different cities (Suzanne is from Europe for example) all in their 40s. This is a monthly collaboration and we post on the last Monday of each month. I was able to join this fabulous group this year since I turned 40 a couple of months ago, and I am the youngest in the group. I love all of these ladies and their styles. We have followed and supported each other for years. So glad they welcomed me to their group. =) 

Each month, one of us selects a theme and we all style an outfit around it. This month of August 2020 the fabulously stylish SHEELA chose the theme and it was a very fun and exciting one. In case you are wondering, the theme is "Inspired by a Country on your Bucket List", meaning we get to wear and style an outfit inspired by a country we love that we are dying to visit. It is truly a fun and very unique theme. I loved seeing all the ladies' interpretations of this. And continue to read below, to see which country inspired my look!

I happened to wear my Bucket List Country Inspired Outfit for a date night on a week night. Both my embroidered mini skirt with the scalloped hemline and my parrot-print camisole are by Loft but from different seasons/years (the skirt is current, the cami is from last Summer), however they mixed and matched perfectly together and then I noticed that except my bucket list country's colors, this outfit also has America's Colors - red, white and blue. I think I accessorized the look just right by choosing a little white beaded bracelet and a leopard little leather cuff (leopard+red are always perfection), a very fun glass stone ring, red flower stud earrings (also by Loft), a little gold choker necklace and my most favorite red lipstick: NARS Audacious Red Lipstick - it is a little splurge but you won't find a better red lipstick! Making this outfit a little edgy and sexy I added my little studded, flat black sandals by Steve Madden which matched those Fendi sunglasses perfectly. And I paid attention to the details by adding a cute red belt to my waist and carried my wine-colored Rebecca Minkoff cross-body saddle bag. I straightened my hair and styled it on one side and added a rose gold skinny barrette (by American Eagle) to it. This outfit is so me, since I love skirts, short hemlines, fun prints, bold colors, fun accessories and girly silhouettes. This outfit was worn in real life for a good chunk of the day, despite the fact that I am blogging it today as part of this collaboration where I was inspired by a different country. But have you guessed what country inspired my colorful, fun, girly look today?! I will give you a hint: it is a fun, hot country in Europe. Continue reading below to see what country it is.


Now, let's see how the other fashionistas of The Fab 40s interpreted Sheela's theme. Fun Fact: all of the countries they chose are also in my bucket list, though I have briefly visited England before - London is just an amazing city I must say. Our dear friend DAENEL from Living Outside the Stacks is unable to join us this month because of Hurricane Laura. Praying she is well and they get power soon and life gets back to normal soon, for all of them. Keeping Daenel in my thoughts today. 

Outfit Details: Black dress-George at Asda / Black sandals-Local Portuguese shoe shop / Earrings, necklace, rings, one snake bracelet-gifts from mother-in-law / Tiger bracelet-inherited from my late stepmother-in-law

Inspired by Egypt whose pyramids are famous and such a tourist destination, SUZY of Suzy Turner is definitely looking like a gorgeous, modern-day Cleopatra. I am a huge fan of a strapless black dress because it is such a timeless easy piece, I too own one. In this particular outfit inspired by the infamous Cleopatra, Suzy chose the right accessories. Sometimes more is more, especially when you wear a simple classic piece like her maxi LBD. Love the cuff she chose to wear on her upper arm. All the jewelry just works!!

punk fashion, red plaid, combat boots, fashion over 40, Shelbee on the Edge
Outfit Details: Aerosmith Tee Shirt, Duster, Long Sleeve Half Tee, and Belt-Torrid / Skirt and Gloves-Old Navy / Skirt Extender-c/o Dresslily / Vest-JustFab / Tights-Target / Purse-Thrifted / Boots and Jewelry-All old

Inspired by the UK, SHELBEE of Shelbee on the Edge captured the punk vibe of the 70s in England. Deep down she is a punk rocker at heart, so of course she nailed this layered look with the lace-trimmed plaid mini skirt with the matching duster, the rocker graphic tee, the oversized fishnets and the knee-high combat boots. That mini bag is lovely! While this outfit would look totally wrong on me, it looks darling on Shelbee and she is totally a punk rocker babe, perfectly wearing England's signature tartan print, too. 

Inspired by Brazil, Sheela looks DIVINE in her layered black+white look. It is currently Winter in Brazil, that's why we see layers, a jacket and boots. But the fashionista that she is, Sheela captured the sexy, edgy and feminine appeal that characterizes a Brazilian woman. Her little black leather dress and those geometric patterned booties are to die for!

Outfit Details: Red Bird Camisole and Floral Embroidered Skirt-Loft / Crossbody Bag-Rebecca Minkoff / Sunglasses-Fendi / Lipstick-NARS Audacious / Red Flower Stud Earrings-Loft / Red Cocktail Ring-Local Boutique / Gladiator Sandals-Steve Madden

My bucket list country is Spain which inspired my outfit for this first Fab 40s Collaboration. I am specifically inspired by Barcelona and Madrid. I love the colors, food, drinks, flavors, music, cultures, dances and festivals among other things. When I think of Spain I think of deep, rich reds, bright colors, beautiful exotic birds, an abundance of flowers in different colors of the rainbow and lots of embroidery. I think I captured Spain with my bright red lipstick, parrot camisole and embroidered mini skirt. The studded sandals add a little bit of the edge that brings out the night lifestyle of Spain, plus they are easy to dance the night away. Even the beautiful roses on the background capture Spain’s beauty and colors. Oléy!!











Comments

  1. How fun, Ada! What a great group! Love you in red, my friend.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, you did such a great job styling this month's theme! This outfit would fit perfectly in Spain for date night, too. I love the bird print on that beautiful red top and the pattern mixing is on point! Well done, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to go to spain one day.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts