Thursday Moda #219: Summer Maxis.

One of the clothing items we wear and style in the Summer is a Maxi, be it a Maxi Dress or a Maxi Skirt. They are feminine, fun, breezy, dressy, put-together and work oh-so-well for those days when your legs can use a fresh shave. Do they not?! Today I asked my friend YAUDY from Yaudy's Style to co-host Thursday Moda with me and we both decided on maxis. Which is perfect for Yaudy since she wears a lot of maxis especially maxi skirts like she has styled today. Hers is a very classic, versatile, timeless piece and she styled it beautifully with a blue chambray top and strappy little cognac sandals. I too wanted to style a maxi skirt (wear it yesterday to be exact), I have a couple I have owned for years, which I seem to forget to wear. But between being busy and later the weather getting really rainy and with grey skies, I ended up staying home so no photos. So, I went into my hundreds of never-before-blogged outfits and I found this light lilac/lavender gauzy maxi dress. These photos are from last Summer, as you can tell I have my black hair color. But nevertheless I love this Maxi Dress and how breezy it is and I even own it in a Bright Kelly Green Color oh and it is an awesome Target find! The quality of photos is not great because they were snapped with an old cell-phone but still this outfit is worth sharing. Love that cool, bright flower wall, too.

SUMMER  MAXIS.
Summer Maxis are such an easy Summer piece to wear. Like most dresses they are one+done type of clothing. I love them in easy, light materials like cotton, linen, chiffon or other breathable materials like this gauzy linen blend I have here. Since the fabric on mine is so light and see through, the dress is fully-lined. I love, love the light, almost non-existent lavender color, such a beautiful pastel and I also love the very feminine bust with the ruffled neckline and the button-front detail from the waist up. This is the kind of dress you wear with either a strapless nude bra or those washable silicone cuplets/breast petals. I styled mine with gold slingback sandals embellished with colorful stones and sequins (also a Target find), a couple of gold little bracelets, fun circle gold-tone statement earrings and a silver necklace with a few charms (love the turquoise charm in it). Very simple makeup complete with a dark wine-colored lipstick and I was out of the door. What do you think in how I styled this maxi dress?! Do you own a lot of maxis (dresses and skirts)?! How do you style them this Summer?!







You were all fans of that denim button-front skirt last week. Thank you so much. It is by Loft who always has some of my favorite skirts. There is another adorable version/style denim skirt this year with buttons (from Loft) and I may have it, may have not lol. The linkup was a little bit light last week but I was able to find some adorable looks to feature, from a 20-year old to 60+ style!

Gail nailed it in creating a miss-matched light pink suit with her slightly oversized blazer and matchy plaid trousers. 'Check' her out, indeed!
Grace did her '2020 Monthly Round-Up' and I adored her little navy dress with the gorgeous matching sandals. In contrast, the red bag was a great color to pop against the navy!
I am so glad stylish European Suzy joined the linkup again. She shared her 'Festival Style' and it is totally my style too, as I would wear that pom-pom kimono exactly like that.
In her 'Pleats & Lace' Jacqui pleases in this cream gown, which I hope she gets to wear to her son's wedding this October. Love those fun strappy-open nude pumps!
Here is your 'Orange Reminder' that Nancy is always dressed sharp and this cardigan in gradient shades of orange and lavender is to die for!


THURSDAY MODA CO-HOST: CRISTINA from Yaudy's Style

After over a year of hosting Thursday Moda with me, I invited my very stylish Jersey friend Cristina (or Yaudy) to co-host with me today. I love how you cannot define or describe her style in any cookie cutter form. She is always evolving style-wise and styles many pieces in fun, interesting ways, like you can see below. Those are some of my most favorite outfits of hers she has recently blogged. She looks hot in that denim mini skirt with the plunging black top. I love it! Welcome YAUDY today and do stop by her blog, as well. =)
From Cristina's Mouth:
"Wearing a maxi skirt has become my all time Summer uniform, with the heat and humidity it makes for a very comfortable yet chic outfit.  I chose this black one because I have not worn it in like five years.  I cannot believe I forgot about such a gorgeous piece."



Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Comments

  1. I absolutely love this white maxi dress, Ada! I have been living in maxi dresses and I do need some more. Possibly a white one!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sweet maxi dress, Ada- I love the soft lilac color and breezy spaghetti strap style for summer! Also, your poem about being in love from your previous post is so lovely and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely maxi dress! You can't go wrong with a maxi in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool to be one of your favourites last week! Lovely versatile dress Ada and envious you have it in green as well.....not to mention the fact you have so many unblogged outfits! I struggle every week as I have not been buying so many clothes. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxis are so light and airy for summer and comfortable for running around with kids!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maxi's are one of my favourites for the summertime,, so comfortable. I love the one you're wearing. Perfect!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Ada! I couldn't agree more, maxi skirts/dresses are so perfect for summer, and I loved your joke about the shaved legs! So true. I don't own any maxi dresses because they're always too long on me (even though I'm 5'5" - that's not that short), but I do have a few maxi skirts that I absolutely love. Hope you're having a great day!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like a princess in this white dress! I love maxi dresses so much. Such a fun post:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ada, that soft lilac maxi dress is so cute! I had to laugh at the "when you don't want to shave your legs!" Haha! So true!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, summer maxis are the best!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prefect summer dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look Ada and you did an amazing job styling that Maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty dress Ada! I love the fun wall you found as a backdrop!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you see? You and Vivian became Top of the World OOTD My Fav.. You looked great in the little red dresses. This one is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to have missed this and thank you so much for the feature. Love this dress and have gotten so many lovely comments about it, maybe I can wear it for the wedding in October. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts