The Sunday Showcase, July 2020 - Red, White + Blue 4th of July Looks.

Welcome to the first Sunday Showcase of 2020 and Good Monday Morning to you all. And Happy July!!  WOW this year is officially a few days over half-way done. I am bringing back "The Sunday Showcase" Linkup,  from almost a year and a half ago. With a little new look and a new co-host, but just as great! MIREILLE from Chez Mireille Travel Fashion Mom and I had fun co-hosting together several weeks last month, so I asked her to be my permanent co-host for my Sunday Linkup. The Sunday Showcase will be held on the first Sunday of each month. This is a linkup where you can 'showcase' anything you like from home decor, DIY, fashion, travel, your kids and more. As a matter of fact Mirei and I should feature our stylish kids om here sometime. Since this was the 4th of July weekend, we wanted to focus on 4th of July looks, therefore lots of Red+White+Blue. We are both featuring two outfits, one is very casual - featuring denim shorts. The other is like dressy casual and can work for a business casual kind of office - featuring wedges. By the way none of these outfits were planned on our parts. We just agreed on Red+White+Blue Outfits. When I saw Mirei's photos I love that we were in sync with both our wedge sandals and our denim cutoffs.

THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE,  JULY  2020.
For this first outfit I am wearing the shortest shorts I own LOL but it's OK, I was heading to our local beach - the first and only time so far. this Summer These frayed denim cutoffs need to be replaced with a better-fitting pair that is also a little longer, but they will do for now. These are from Aeropostale. I went for an entirely blue look with a pop of red and a pop of white (via the writing of my tank top). Speaking of the tank-top I love the graphic design of the big anchor in the middle surrounded with "Good Vibes and Sunshine" especially if you are going to the beach. Who doesn't need Good Vibes + Sunshine?! Summery, beachy and very nautical, matches that navy floppy hat (from Albania) very well, it has a little silver anchor on the braided little string on the back, too. I am also wearing hexagon-shaped frameless sunglasses in a gradient sky blue color. I carried my navy Ann Taylor Saddle Bag and these red foam buckle slides (they are super comfortable) are from Wal Mart (I own them in grey, too). F.Y.I. The Swimsuit underneath is also blue, like a deep royal blue. It was a one-piece  with a plunging neckline so I wanted to wear a beachy-looking necklace with it! This multi-stone statement necklace is by Loft and I love the 3 different-colored stones. Everything I am wearing I have had for years except the red slides.


Here is Mireille. =)
I loved both of Mirei's outfits. That tie-dye patriotic sweatshirt needs to have room in my closet. You can also see a third outfit where she remixed some of these same pieces and the most beautiful 4th of July wreath on her post, so go check it out.  We also kindly ask that you link to us and follow each of us on Instagram as well (Ada's Instagram + Mireille's Instagram). Thank you so much!




This outfit was worn around 3 weeks ago. That skirt has been in my closet for a decade. It is a nice+sturdy textured material, fully-lined, with pockets, from Express. I love the cream color. It went so well with this navy+white linen gingham tank top by Old Navy from 4 Summers ago (I think I have the matching shorts, too). I tucked the tank in since this is a style of skirt where tops need to be tucked and I added this 3-4 inches tall wedges with it. They were purchased last year from DSW. I love the Western pattern in them and yes some of the stripes are red. I also wore a red lipstick. I accessorized with simple jewelry since it was a hot day: a silver thin necklace with a blue butterfly pendant, my 2 silver David Yurman bracelets and an infinity silver dainty ring. I wore this outfit to drop something quick to the office and take Vivian to the dentist. What do you think of these subtle patriotic 4th of July looks?! Lots of blue mostly but you can also see pops of red and white. I have worn and blogged lots of red lately so I switched it up. =)


Now I welcome you to join our first Sunday Showcase. =)




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Image Map


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful link party! :)

    https://nanchi.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. prefect summer outfits.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great outfits on you both! Welcome back ti the Sunday Showcase, too! I will add it to my link party list!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these summer looks Ada! I adore the shorts especially. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful style for the 4th of July!
    I am happy you're doing a link up with Mireille!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun 4th July outfits! Mireille is the best, I love her blog! :)

    Thank you for joining the #weekdaywearlinkup!


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts