One Honest Truth - Poetry.

A brand-new poem coming your way today and I truly love this one. This one rhymes too and sometimes I have difficulty with rhyming. It's about life. It's about being honest with yourself. It's about ups and downs. It's about falling and standing up again. It's about failures and triumphs. It's about making it. It's about being human and being imperfect! I love how it came out and how I worded it! Hope you like it too. Let me know.


One Honest Truth
[2.00 A.M. June 18th 2020.]




One honest truth among a million lies,
as stars parade outside dark skies,
as the world falls asleep, into a dream,
and I raise my head to catch a beam...

Following my own footsteps,
fighting my own battles, crying my own teardrops,
turning my head left and right,
trying to tell an ending from a new start...

I walk in the wire, 
I feel burned, in the line of fire,
I pay a price each time
as I feel the weight that falls on my spine...

I made promises, I broke them all,
I made mistakes, I paid for them all,
I followed hearts, I broke mine,
I woke too far, not always on a straight line...

I chased after dreams that were fake,
I made many, not just one mistake,
I gave it my all as I tried hard,
sometimes I failed right from the start...

Found the enemy within me,
he told me sweet nothings, he lied to me,
he made me look into a broken mirror,
he made me bleed as I turned into a sinner...

Found the timid child I never knew was there,
looked into her eyes... deep into their stare,
played with her, braided her hair,
made her appeal to me, let her endear...

Fumbled into flames when I got burned,
fell inside an even bigger fire, I melted,
and I stood up all burned down,
life abused me but I turned it around...

I made a place for myself in this crazy society,
I made friends and foes and perhaps a frenemy,
some left, some came anew,
some are still here, some I truly never knew...

Some left footsteps into our hearts,
some didn't keep their promises from the start,
some are missed, some I could care less,
some are heroes, some are trash...

But I am okay, more than okay,
my flame is still burning away,
my legs are strong and they kept on walking,
I waived many flags and I kept hoping...

Hope got me here, stronger than ever,
not a friend, not a lover,
the lessons I learned and they were plenty,
the mistakes I made as I walked away empty...







Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts