Unable - Poetry.

Sometimes we are all unable to love someone, someone we once loved... a lot! We are unable to forget him. Unable to forgive him as well. Unable to let go. Unable to let them ruin our lives anymore than they already have. Unable to continue as we are. Unable to express all the feelings we have towards him. Unable to stop the tears too. Unable to not touch our heart and feel sorry for it. Unable to think ahead and look forward. We may be unable for many things. So I wrote a poem for all those unable emotions and causes that love creates. But I challenged myself on this one. I wanted to find an adjective that started with 'un' and continue with every letter of the alphabet. But for the "X" I had to settle with "ex" instead. I ended up loving how this poem came out. Plus it is so raw! What do you think?!


UNABLE.
[11.10 P.M. May 20th 2020.]



Unable... you became unable to fight for us, unable to love me,
unbearable... you became unbearable to talk to, unbearable to be with,
uncommon... the map of happiness towards our love,
undiscovered... the sharp tree branches of the forest we dealt with...

Uneasy... to be with you, though it was easy to fall for you,
unfortunate... to feel the way you made me feel now,
                                                      though at first it wasn't so...
ungrateful... that's how you are now, though I was grateful for you,
unhinged... you became unhinged as we fell apart, you broke not one but two hearts...

Unimpressed... you became with me and how my lips tasted on top of yours,
unjust... what you did to our love story, to our family,
unknown... the person you turned into, a stranger not a lover,
unlovable... I couldn't love you anymore though I tried...

Unmasked... your true face came out and I did not know you at all,
unnerving... the feelings you left inside my gut,
unorthodox... the way we ended things, but...
unplanned... the pain my heart and soul would feel for months, years...

Unquenchable... the thirst I once had for you and you had for me as well,
unrequited... the love we created, written into story books and poetry verses,
unsung... the melody our bodies created as they made love for the first time,
untraveled... the road I took to find you, explore you and love you...

Unusual... the beautiful story we created through thousands of miles away,
unveiled... the feelings that I poured into all the poems I wrote for you,
unwritten... the pieces of the puzzle that made up our beautiful love story,
unexplained... the thoughts we felt, the heartbeats we skipped...

Unyielding... the soul that fought for you but you lost it,
unzipped... the heart that opened for you in its full bare-naked self... my heart!
But you decided to throw it all away,
so I had to finally put myself first, I decided not to stay...

...Unable, now I am unable to love you, feel for you,
I am unable to forget and forgive all that was,
but I won't be unable to feel love for someone else,
I won't be unable to be loved back, you have lost your chance...





Comments

  1. Wow, this turned out beautifully. It's so touching and raw. Thank you for sharing these emotions with all of us. xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so good at this...brings out so many emotions- very touching. Sweetheart, I came by as well to let you know that I started my Link up on Fridays! I'd love for you to come and link these great posts over at my place:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talent with your words.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Ada! I feel the raw emotion. I hope your poetry continues to heal you.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You painted such a clear image with your prose, Ada. I understand the pain and the grief and the loss and the anger, these emotions continue to rear their ugly heads in my present but the frequency has lessened. The sharp pangs have dulled. It's been two years. The most cliché of expressions rings with so much truth - time heals all. All my love, Sheela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, I really like this poem. It is very powerful and I can feel all of the emotions. Beautiful, my friend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really strong, Ada- you are able to share so much emotion through your poetry!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts