A Home Filled with Flowers and Beautiful Silk Prints.

Happy Friday you all TGIF! I have a very long work Friday today but I am looking forward to the weekend and getting Vivian's wardrobe ready for the cold months (mine too). Fun fun fun!! LOL Today however, I am doing something I haven't done in a long long time, co-hosting a linkup. My dear and very fashionable European friend NANCY from Nancy's Fashion Style and I are co-hosting her regular Friday linkup. Nancy is a dear friend who loves skirts, dresses, jackets and pretty shoes+boots. She is quite stylish whether the weather is cold or warm. She does such a great job wearing broth bright colors or neutrals. Her and I have collaborated and co-hosted together before and she has joined my Blog Birthday Party the last couple of years. Below is her very chic outfit from today doing a monochromatic look in different shades of green and olive. I saw it on her Instagram first and commented and liked for sure. I love her dress and boots. Give me all the buttons on skirts+dresses and all the fun boots!

monochrome green outfit

My post today is all about...


A  HOME  FILLED  WITH  FLOWERS  AND  BEAUTIFUL  SILK  PRINTS.
This outfit and these photos are from the last days of Summer on a very hot afternoon, after I got back from work and went for a little visit to see my new nephew and Vivian's baby cousin. I love how this post is surrounded by beautiful natural flowers like the hydrangeas and deep berry-colored rose bushes in front of our home or the many vases of fresh flowers inside: fuchsia roses, yellow rose blooms, white and peach lillies, baby breath branches and more. It makes pictures of the bracelets and rings I was wearing look even prettier and artsy. I mean, how can one not like real flowers?! They are beautiful and smell so good. Though, I do know people who don't care for flowers and they aren't even allergic. As far as my outfit I am mixing monochromatic prints in my Chiffon Snakeskin (or how I like to call it "Python") Camisole and my Silk Wrap Skirt which has two different prints on its own. Though the skirt has several colors in it like lavender, baby blue, mauve, maroon, grey and periwinkle, it went so well with the simple grey+ivory tones of the snakeskin top, so much so that a couple of people thought I was wearing a pretty and fancy silk dress. Both my Pretty Wrap Skirt and Dressy Camisole are by Loft and I am so proud of the outfit I created with them and that I decided to pair them together. As far as accessories, I have on three stretchy colorful bracelets, a few of my favorite rings with semi-precious stones, a simple Mixed Metal Silver+Gold Circle Pendant Jenny Bird Necklace and my Oval-Shaped Gold-Tone Madewell Earrings (both earrings and necklace were purchased at Nordstrom, they are so classic yet modern and go with everything, plus they look so good together). Last, I chose perforated Faux Leather accessories: Nude Peep-Toe Booties by Target and my Black Crossbody Square Bag by Express. What do you think of this outfit?! Does it look monochromatic?! How do you like real flowers?! Do you keep fresh bouquets of flowers at home?! What flowers are your favorites?!











Nancy's Fashion Style

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Comments

  1. Thanks Ada! You are such a kind person! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers in the home just make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun switching your closet over.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! I love this skirt and now it is making me wish I had brought home an adorable silk wrap skirt that I had in my hand at the thrift shop yesterday. I ended up putting it back because I had too many things already! Now I may have to go back and see if it is still there.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the silk prints Ada! And flowers? Every home needs those for sure. I bet your layered up today though, aren't you? Michigan is probably giving you all the fall vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely skirt ! and yes I am a flower girl too. Just yesterday I spent the afternoon gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts