Thursday Moda #185: Maxing Out Summer 2019 in a Maxi Dress and Striped Colorful Ice-Cream Top.

And just like that, we wrapped up Summer 2019 this past Sunday. And by next Monday, September will be over too. I swear I am a talking cliché but how is it that every year goes by faster and faster?! How does time fly by us with the speed of the light?! Well, in honor of the last day of Summer, last Sunday on September 22nd I wore this Lovely Faux Wrap Maxi Dress by Express with the thigh-high slit. The dark colors and paisley pattern plus the short-sleeves make this the perfect maxi dress to end Summer and it will transition well into Fall, too. So, Vivian and I for one of our regular #SundaysWithVivian (check that hashtag and our stories on my Instagram) days out, are...

MAXING  OUT  SUMMER  2019  IN  A  MAXI  DRESS  AND  STRIPED  COLORFUL  ICE  CREAM  TOP.
I have had this Printed Maxi Wrap Dress by Express for a few years. And I love it. The combination of flowers with paisley and the dark autumnal tones of purple, midnight blue, oxblood, bourdeaux, teal and a little lilac make this dress so easy to transition into the Fall paired with a denim jacket or cozy cardigan and a little scarf for when it is cooler. But since this past Sunday (September 22nd) was the last day of Summer and it still very much felt like Summer since it was in the 80s, I went for Comfortable, Leather Gold Slide Sandals and Print-Mixed a little with my Tan+Snakeskin Bag by Target and my Floral Wayfarer Sunglasses from Albania. I added a couple of Coral+Ivory Beaded Bracelet and my Beautiful Mixed Metal Circle Dainty Necklace.The dress layered nicely over an Ecru Bralette. I also added Blush Pink Rosette Oversized Stud Earrings by Loft which meshed nicely with the flowers on my dress and on the skeleton of my sunglasses. I decided to clip my hair with one of those Oversized Faux Pearl Barrettes from Amazon (I have a few and I love them). 

Vivian too paid homage to Summer in all of the colors and stripes. Her Adorable Striped Colorful Tank with the color-blocked confetti ice-cream on a stick is by Abercrombie kids and it goes so well with her Colorful Heart-Print Skort by Cat+Jack via Target. On her hair Vivian has colorful little hair clips added to her ponytail and that Pretty Silver Headband with a Beautiful Rainbow (Viv loves rainbows) is recent by Old Navy. If you pray, I would love for you to pray for Vivian who has been sick all this week. This mama needs her to be back to her energetic, sassy, strong self. Last night was particularly rough. She had a little fever on and off, was tossing and turning and has a canker sore inside her mouth which I am sure hurts a lot. Please pray she feels healthy soon and that she does well in her exam today! It is such an important national assessment too that she cannot miss. Thank you all!

On Sunday, we ended up dining at California Pizza Kitchen - I love their food. I love how CPK has a lot of healthy and gluten-free items on their menu, also. I also tried the cocktail above (alcohol-free) with Perrier Lemon-Flavored Sparkling Water. It was really good and so was our food!











THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO JOINED MY LINKUP LAST THURSDAY. ONCE I GET BACK FROM WORK, I WILL BE ADDING THE COLLAGE OF ALL OF MY FAVORITE OUTFITS I LOVED FROM LAST WEEK.








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Comments

  1. You look fantastic in this dress. Love this print and colors for fall!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print is really pretty on your maxi!! Yes, summer has flow and while I am looking forward to the weather cooling off one of these days, I do miss the fun and relaxed atmosphere of summer time! Hopefully we can go rafting down the river this Saturday as on last hurrah!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your dress Ada! The ice cream top is darling too. It still feels like summer here too!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada, I am loving this gorgeous floral maxi dress! So pretty and very sexy, too. And how cute is Vivian on that ice cream top! Time really is flying by, isn’t it?!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so lovely on you! The dark floral print makes it perfect as a transitional piece! Vivian is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Vivian feels better soon, Ada and wishing her well on her exam. I love maxi dresses and this one you are wearing is no exception. The thigh high slit is a plus and I just adore the dark floral print.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe how fast the summer flew by. Years are just passing way to quickly. Great outfits on both of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. That maxi dress has such a great print! And speaking of prints, Vivian is clearly already a master at mixing them! :)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. While this year, Black Friday will fall on 29th November 2019 but the retailer won’t take a chance to lure the shoppers. Prior to the Black Friday Sale, Walmart will host Walmart Black Friday 2019 Sale but the doorbuster deals won’t be available until Black Friday 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so right that time is just flying by! I'm loving these floaty floral dresses for fall, and yours is so cute!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ada, just stopping by to day hi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dress is super cute. I hope Vivian feels better soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts