Thursday Moda # 177: High-Waist Shorts and Peplum Top.

Believe it or not this is the first time I have worn shorts this Summer and that was just yesterday and it is already middle of July. I think two of the main reasons I have not worn shorts this Summer is 1} I have felt fat this year and in all honesty this girl has gained some weight, perhaps I felt like shorts wouldn't be the most flattering and 2} I don't even know where all my shorts are - problems of a girl with too many clothes (I switch out my closet twice a year, for Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter). But I am glad this year high-waisted shorts and the paperbag waist are in, because shorts like these are so flattering.

HIGH-WAIST  SHORTS  AND  PEPLUM  TOP.
...Especially pairing a pair of High-Waist Shorts with a Peplum Top, they are a match made in perfect style heaven! And this season Target has some cute and affordable high-waisted shorts like mine (own this pair too), while Loft has so many amazing well-made, and fun peplum tops like this gingham beauty I paired my fun-colored rust shorts with (I also own this chambray one, this red striped beauty, and this textured dot blue+white one, they also have a dressy gorgeous kelly green one). I love these stunning wrap-style tops that create the billowy peplum hemline. The oversized peplum looks even cuter with a high waist, like my shorts in this case. Plus these tops accentuate the upper waist which is usually the slimmest part of a woman's body and of course a wrap style is always very flattering and classy. LOFT has a major 50% OFF sale right now including clearance items and all the wrap-style peplum tops I linked are on clearance. So, since high-waisted shorts and peplum tops are considered trendy items right now, it's a good time to buy a couple of each, especially since Target has most of these high-waisted shorts on sale this week, too. Last but not least, I dressed these up with well-made designer custom jewelry. My MADEWELL Gold Hoops are currently on sale at Nordstrom during their Anniversary Sale which ends on August 4th (these hoops are called "Droplet Post Earrings" and I am convinced they will be my favorite earrings this Summer) and my goes-with-everything Circle Charm JENNY BIRD Necklace, also part of the Nordstrom Sale (you can shop for more Jenny Bird necklaces here). I wore a pair of Cognac BIRKENSTOCK Sandals (mine are the dupes from Target) and applied some simple but pretty and light makeup and I was good to go on a movie date with Vivian last night. But despite this cute, casual mom-chic shorts outfit, the MVP of the night was my hair, because it looked good, no?! BTW, we finally watched "Toy Story 4" and we both loved it. Have you seen it?! Do you guys like high-waisted shorts paired with a peplum top?

 






Last week I was super BLESSED that you liked my mommy+me post. At the end of the day you agree with me that life is short, kids grow super fast and life (not the blog) always comes first. Thank You!! As far as the outfits you linked, can I say Sunshine Yellow, Pretty Dresses, Subtle Prints, Bold Belts, Summer Hats and Beautiful Colors?! For real!! Some of these beauties are my dear blogging friends I have followed and supported for years. Below are my top 6 looks from the previous week. =)

In 'True Primary Colors' Katie, as always, reigns like a sunshine. This girl wears colors so well. Love the adorable yellow shirt-dress with the two-tone cognac wide belt and the darling watermelon purse.
Shauna is also a huge color and pattern lover. 'I Dye' over her ombre tie-dyed blazer - what a way to dress up blue denim shorts!
Smiling Chrissy shows off her new 'Minimalist Wood Watch' but I am eyeing that little white dress in a breezy summery print. 
In a 'Yellow Striped Maxi Dress' Ashley reminds us that A] she can wear anything and B] yellow, white and cognac are a gorgeous earthy combination for the Summer.
Jill is the perfect ambassador for Agnes+Dora sharing 'The Cutest Sundress' layered over an eyelet white tank. And you can never go wrong with cognac espadrille wedges.
Bold and golden like her ethnicity, Iris shared a maxi 'Summer Dress' with images as stunning and picturesque as any of the islands! Love those colors and all the boats.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Image Map


Comments

  1. You look fabulous in these shorts Ada! Love the peplum top too! Thanks for featuring me in today's post and enjoy the rest of your week!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute red white and blue outfit! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope that your week is going well :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingham, especially in summer! Have a great day Ada!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute top, Ada! And I love the color combination you chose with the high waisted shorts. I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying these summer days!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling outfit! Your gingham top is so cute and I love the wrap style! Thank you so much for the feature today!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Love your outfit!

    Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties! 
    Hope to see you there!
    Grace Liang
    www.colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike! I featured high-waisted shorts in gingham this week too. :) I love me a good pair of high-waisted EVERYTHING but I would really like to add a couple of pre-plum tops to my wardrobe like this one. Looks like summer is treating you well.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing!

    Mariya | https://www.brunetteondemand.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you aren't fat. I myself have only been wearing short on my day off.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great pairing again, Ada! The cuts and color combos both look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That peplum top is really cute on you! I think you are rocking those shorts! Don't let anything hold you back from wearing shorts if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute look. The peplum top is very flattering. It is perfect with the shorts.Have a wonderful weekend.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to wear a peplum top on shorts. Join Shelbee and me next month with shorts Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this combination Ada. The gingham peplum is adorable on you and I do love paper bag waist shorts. I haven't tried them yet, but I love how they look.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Ada!!
    https://justlivejoy.com/trend-spin-linkup/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts