Textures and Pattern on a Chilly Pre-Summer Day.

Summer hasn't been quite hot here yet. Truth be told, it is not quite Summer. During Chilly Spring, Summer or Pre-Summer Days (like we are experiencing now) layers are important, such as a cardigan like in today's outfit. We all love long, cozy cardigans. They are super-power wardrobe pieces for moms especially, but a waist-length cardigan is super cute, feminine, sophisticated and perfect for the office and beyond.

TEXTURES  AND  PATTERN  ON  A  CHILLY  PRE-SUMMER  DAY.

I love how besides being colorful and keeping me warm (I have a camisole underneath my cardigan), I combined Textures and Pattern in this OOTD. The Periwinkle Cardigan, Black Tights, Perforated Camel Open-Toe Booties and the Lattice Trim on my Heather Gray Camisole (you can see peeking underneath in some of the photos) are all different textures, while the Coral+Ivory Floral Pencil Skirt brings that bright Summery Pattern. This Pencil Skirt is one of the last pieces I purchased from The Limited, a few years ago, before their stores closed. I just love it. It worked well with all the patterns since there is sort of a perforation 'theme' going altogether with the cardi, cami, tights and shoes. All are light, airy and very breathable pieces, through their little "holes". I also liked the combination of a bright coral with a light, pastel periwinkle. I will do that color combo again this Summer. What have you been wearing to the office lately?! Do you like wearing fitted cardigans like mine (my cardigan and camisole are by Loft, by the way). 















Comments

  1. It is sad that it is June and we still have to layer are clothes on.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute printed skirt! Your outfit looks similar to mine - I'm layered up with a printed dress and cardigan and tights, but it's winter here, haha!

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you're having a great week so far :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding to the #linkup Ada. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts