Special Mother's Day Mommy+Daughter Collaboration - Gingham Dresses.

I became a mom in my early thirties - a dream I had had since at least a decade prior to that. But I think like most things in life, it happened at the right time. To say my life has changed since my sweet princess Vivian has reigned my heart and my life, would be a huge understatement. She is the reason I live, smile, laugh and breathe. Even more so since I have been raising her on my own the last couple of years. Through thick and thin, my little girl and I have proven to be an unbeatable team. I hope our super close mother and daughter bond grows as each year goes by. I will work hard to make sure she has the best life possible because she is my entire universe! Thank you for being my daughter, sweet Viv! Today I celebrate Mother's Day because of you, my beautiful, loving, smart and amazing daughter!

Being a mother is amazing. You start appreciating your own mother more. You understand her more. You feel the tears and fears she had for you, the sleepless nights she spent thinking about you (especially when you were not home safe and sound). You understand her emotions and can totally see the happiness in her eyes when she is proud of you! This is the 7th year I get to celebrate life as a mom, Vivian's Mom. In celebration of Mother's Day, my fellow blogging friend and super stylish mama NAILIL from Thirty Minus One bring you a special collaboration Mommy+Daughter post and a linkup (at the end). We chose some cute Matchy Mother+Daughter Looks. I love the crisp Light Blue+White Color Palette that Nailil and her two beautiful daughters are wearing, while Vivian and I have our own very pretty Black+White Gingham Dresses (courtesy of a local boutique), which we styled with Statement Jewelry and Black Sandals.

MOTHER+DAUGHTER  GINGHAM  DRESSES.
As I mentioned our Pretty Summery Gingham Dresses were gifted to us from a local boutique (where I have also shopped before). I had a choice from a variety of dresses to select but this gingham one was my favorite of the bunch. It is a very sturdy, well-made, wrinkle-free material and with all its details: black bow patent belt, fit+flare style, open keyhole back - it makes this pretty dressy and fancy and totally something you could wear to a wedding too. This mother+daughter boutique had a bunch of adorable clothes for little girls too (ages 0 months to 14). I even found a matchy gingham dress for Vivian that was almost identical to mine, but the midi length and the huge petticoat underneath with all the tulle was overwhelming on my petite little 6-year old. So instead I picked this dress for my beautiful Vivian and when I showed it to her on a picture she loved it. She loves frilly details and strawberries so this was perfect. We paired our dresses with matchy Black Sandals and a Statement Necklace (with yellow and light green flowers) for Vivian and Statement Pom Pom Earrings (from BaubleBar) for me. Vivian's adorable lucite hair clips are a strawberry one and a mushroom one (on each side). I wore my Woven David Yurman Look-Alike Silver Bracelets with Pave Ring Charms and a Matchy Oval Crystal Pave Silver Cocktail Ring. Finished off with a bright and cheerful coral lipgloss. I love our gingham dresses and that we wore them together on a Mother+Daughter Sunday Brunch Event - they were perfect for the occasion and it was in the 70s that day (it has been pretty chilly and rainy ever since). Our dresses were a hit with the other guests. I love Viv's adorable dress and I like that mine has pockets! I honestly couldn't think of a better outfit post for this Mother's Day as these Mother+Daughter Matching Dresses. Any chance I can match with my mini me I will take, especially for a special event or occasion. Plus, I know once she approaches her teen years she will not won't to dress like her mom anymore lol.


Don't forget to stop by Nailil's post as well to see her thoughts on being a mom and see more adorable pics of her and her beautiful girls. =)
From Nailil's mouth: "Motherhood has been my biggest adventures and blessing. It has also been a learning curve. My girls keep me busy but happy. They fight hard but love harder. And honestly, I learn a lot from them. They are loving, kind and funny. And even though I celebrate my ninth Mother’s Day this year, each one of so especial because of them. Happy Mother’s Day!"



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MAMAS, MOMS-TO-BE, STEPMOMS AND GRANDMOMS!!









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Image Map


Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have an amazing one.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both are amazing
    Happy mothers day dear
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day sweet Ada! I love your dress and Vivian is growing up so fast!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute dresses! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Ada and Mini Me!! How cute!!! She's going to be a fashion blogger just like her mom.
    xo, Sherry
    https://justlivejoy.com/burgundy-leith/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you two in your matching ginham dresses - very cute Ada. Thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts