A Spring Day in Milford, Michigan.

A  SPRING  DAY  IN  MILFORD,  MICHIGAN.
Spring in Michigan is fickle... at its best! Let's recap the weather for the last 4-5 weeks for example. In any given day and night the temperatures have been between mid 20s (below freezing) to as high as almost 80 Fahrenheit degrees. Our Easter Sunday as well as Cinco de Mayo Sunday were two of our warmest days as I recall. Warm enough for bare legs and even short sleeves. But we had other warm days. Today's photos are from a Spring afternoon spent down-town Milford, Michigan, a quaint little town an hour east of Lansing which is the capital of Michigan. It is a place not far away from where we live and a town I called home for some years, too. The down-town is small but always popping with all the great restaurants and the bar scene, a Starbucks and a local cafe which we love - it has a play area for kids that Vivian enjoys and it is pet-friendly, they even have cookies for dogs. There are also some boutiques, a yoga place, etc. This gorgeous waterfall fountain is a trademark of Milford. It is located on the back (by the parking lot) of  a very small strip mall. It is such a popular location for photos too and not just for the regular folk. Many graduate pictures, engagement photos, wedding photos and pregnancy shoots have been shot right at this very spot. I have witnessed several on my own.

I own several Ponte Striped Dresses like this Royal Blue+Black one from Old Navy. I prefer them with some type of a sleeve. I have short-sleeved ones, 3/4-sleeved ones like this, elbow-sleeved ones and even full-sleeved ones. They are perfect for these Spring days, especially when the temperatures are in between. If I feel cold enough I will go with a denim jacket or long cardigan on top. A light kimono works too, for when the temps are not too cold. Because you need to layer for Spring, since you can literally experience 3 different temps at 3 different times of the day. And instead of loafers, you can opt to pair a striped dress like this with sneakers. They look adorable with regular sneakers as well as slip-on sneakers. But I love the combination of stripes and leopard. Also how unexpected but pretty the neon orange sunglasses look against the dark blue color of the dress. To dress it up a little I added a Crystal Statement Necklace which popped. You will be seeing me in many similar striped dresses this Spring, all the way through June. As a matter of fact since it is gorgeous outside today, I plan on going out somewhere, after I pick up Vivian from school. As you can see it was very sunny that day. The sun crated a glare on the lens of my camera, so I apologize about the glaring blob that appears in some of the photos, especially the closeup portrait ones. How is Spring where you live?! Are you in shorts yet?! Do you wear a lot of striped dresses for Spring?! Let me know in the comments.













Comments

  1. I have never been to Milford. I will have to add it to a place to check out. Next time I'm in Michigan.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's officially spring time and I can just literally see myself basking in the warmth and colors of the season.
    Helene Goldnadel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes and leopard together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely Ada - that blue shade suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
    تمتلك افضل الطرق والمعدات في تنظيف الواحدات الداخلية والخاريجة للمكيفات توفر تنظيف المكيفات الاسبلت الفريون الكاست شركة غسيل مكيفات توفر خدمة تعبئة الفريون بسعر مميز شركة نظافة مكيفات تساعد علي رفع كفاءة التشغيل مرة اخري
    شركة تنظيف مكيفات اسبلت بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مكيفات

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liking your dress Ada, good colour on you Hun. thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts