Thursday Moda #146: Casually-Chic Green Christmas Outfit.

It is no shock to anyone that the 2 top stores I shop at are Target and Loft. Therefore I bring you today's Festive Casual Christmas Outfit. The Henley Button-Down Deep Green Plaid Shirt (this one - I am wearing a regular small, it also comes in Petite and Plus Sizes) and the Olive Green Ponte Leggings with Zippered Pockets are by Loft while my Gold Penny Loafers are by Target. Since we are talking brands: the sunglasses are from Aeropostale and that Gorgeous Red Beaded Clutch is gifted to me from my mom's best friend, from India. Also (though you can barely see it) my Hair Claw is in a silk leopard print and I have purchased it in Albania. I am also wearing tiny Circle Mint Pave Stud Earrings (came in a pack of 3, from Wal Mart).


CASUALLY-CHIC  GREEN  CHRISTMAS  OUTFIT.
I actually ended up wearing this Casually-Chic Green Christmas Outfit to work last week and then wore the same outfit later at night to a very casual pizza+beer Christmas party where Secret Santa Gifts were exchanged. It was fun. The only difference I did to my evening Christmas Party outfit, is that I switched the shoes from my gold penny loafers to my grey suede wedge oxford booties. I loved how casual yet chic and dressy this outfit turned out to be. I just love the little ruffles in that green Henley-style tunic. And I love how well the green top mashes with the olive green of the Ponte Leggings. There is a third green in there too - my Mint Studs. To make this outfit a little more festive and Christmasy, I thought the Deep Red All-Beaded Clutch and the Gold Sneaker-Style Penny Loafers were a great choice. Besides red and green, two other great colors to wear for the end-of-the-year holidays are gold and silver. What do you think?! Do you like this tone-on-tone green outfit for Christmas?!




Last week I shared The Perfect Christmas Plaid Scarf and you loved the soft+feminine combination of blush pink and bright red. I had a great linkup with over 100 links added. A lot of festive outfits and a lot of plaid - just like I have been wearing lately. I was even attracted to lots of plaid, gorgeous coats and dressy looks. But I also liked some of the ugly Christmas sweaters you all wore. Here is a peak at my favorites. =)

This week's featured blogger is Lindsay of Small City Style who resides in a small and very cold town in Canada, but who always impresses me with how put-together and great she looks even-though she is surrounded by snow many months out of the year. I loved both skirt outfits that Lindsay linked up with me last week. First I saw a great, fun and different holiday outfit option with her Leopard and Blush Pink - love that black handbag. She also styled a Pencil Skirt in a casual way with knee-high boots and long socks peeking from underneath them. Love that the color of her cognac boots matches her tote perfectly. Her plaid top is even similar in colors with the one I am wearing today. Lindsay is a 30-something mom to 2 toddlers and describes her style as comfortable, casual, easy and practical and I couldn't agree more. Though I have only followed her blog for a few months, she shares a lot of mom-friendly and stylish outfits that inspire you to wear them or create similar looks. I might even do my own version of both of these outfits I featured. Oh and she was also one of my Thursday Moda Favorites last week.

Emma is full of color in a perfectly-styled athleisure look. Her 'Check Coat and Embellished Sock Trainers' are both gorgeous! I love how the fun and dressy coat looks with the colorblocked sweater.
My friend Cheryl shows us the most sophisticated and street-chic way 'How to Wear Mixed Prints'. A delightful polka-dotted, little circle mini skirt looks great with that oversized plaid blazer. Love, love her little black bag too.
At first I thought Nailil was wearing a romper but I loved how adorable her skort and bodysuit look together. In this festive post, Nailil told us all about '24 months of blogging' which is a great accomplishment!
Tatiana's closet is filled with fantastic coats. This lovely white coat was the most amazing, stylish and cozy piece to wear 'Christmas Shopping' and looks lovely with a French beret.
Ruth is wearing a very pretty, very classy, tweedy plaid jacket with 'Cowboy Boots' and made them work together!
Amy's style is always comfortable but cute. She owns a lot of sweaters and in this post she shared several 'Christmas Sweaters'. I loved the unique nerdy Marvel sweater.













Comments

  1. Prefect outfit for the holiday time. Hope you having a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the Christmas plaids right now! Super cute outfit. And those shoes are just wonderful! Wishing you and Vivian a very happy Christmas!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a plaid top this time of year! Merry Christmas, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shoes Ada, the look great and they look like they'd be comfortable too!
    Merry Christmas!
    xo,
    Kellyan

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute look. Sorry I bailed on the outfit post this week. I am not sure why life has been so insane. Travel and new job I think. Next year I will be better I rpomise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this plaid top!! the colors are great and so festive!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had both of those stores nearby, especially Target. This is a great outfit for the last few days of work, and you've inspired me to pull out my plaid for my work wear outfit today. Thanks.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red and green plaid! So perfect for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to love loft and target! Those sliver loafers totally make the look feel so festive!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had those shoes, I think I'd style most of my outfits around them! I tried a variation of blush and red that you wore recently--I didn't care for the pieces I had together--boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That plaid is perfect for Christmas and beyond! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the feature Ada!!! I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year's! Obviously I'm a huge fan of plaid shirts like the one you are wearing! And I love the festive green pants! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, thank you for the shoutout, Ada! Loving your Christmas plaid—great minds think alike on the plaid front! Happy holidays to you and Vivian!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I comment on this yesterday. You didn't have the Thursday Moda up yet. Thanks so much for Featuring me. That outfit was my favorite from that week. :)

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ada .I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the plaid top dear. Can't go wrong with that classic. Also, those shoes are just so fab!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ada, now this is my kind of look! I love the plaid with leggings and those metallic shoes. Those shoes remind me of a pair of metallic gold Sperrys I used to have. I wore them so much that they're too worn to wear out of the house now, but I asked for another pair for Christmas (in grey this time). Have a MERRY, Merry Christmas!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving that outfit. A simple beer and pizza Christmas party sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this festive casual chic look Ada! So perfect for this weekend. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love a bit of tartan Ada, this suits you so well. thanks for sharing on the #linkup Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts