Flounce, Texture, Colorblocking and Crystals.

Good morning you all. It is 17 degrees as I am typing this, which equals to NEGATIVE FREAKING 8 CELSIUS DEGREES. We had our coldest night yet (last night) so far this season. Needless to say our Autumn was short-lived and Winter is here and as much as I love having seasons, I am not looking forward to 6 months of this. You will be seeing many photos inside where the natural lighting is good - like by my fireplace or this corner in the main hallway as you enter through the front door - because let's face it with weather conditions and brutal cold, I won't always be able to shoot outside, unless all I show is coats, beanies, gloves, mittens, blanket scarves and Eskimo-dressing lol.

I know that green was supposed to be a huge color in 2018 but I kept seeing yellow and mustard everywhere. And of course all shades of millennial pink, rose gold, soft pink and blush, at every store, for everything. You all know I have worn a ton of millennial pink this year. But a close second would be yellow. I happen to love the combo of yellow with blush pink and for Fall+Winter I love  mustard with blush pink. I have worn this combination a lot. As a matter of fact in the Summer of 2017 I did a little wardrobe capsule and I included some light pink and some yellow items and wore them together a lot. I love how this work outfit turned out. The Light Chiffon Button-Front Blouse with all that flounce is feminine, but with that sturdy Corduroy Button-Front Mini Skirt is the perfect juxtaposition. The skirt and my Chevron Tights are from Loft while the blouse and my Gorgeous Blush Velvet Crystal-Embellished Booties are from the "Who What Wear" line at Target, specifically two stores I shop a lot at and the WWW brand at Target is my favorite brand they carry, actually. I love all the flounce, textures, interest and colorblocking going on here. Not only is this a good look for work (business casual) but also a little dressier version for Thanksgiving if you are going with a dressy look this year (without being over the top). What do you think?! Speaking of Thanksgiving: I shared a Thanksgiving Outfit on the blog yesterday and it was more on the casual side and less colorful lol (neutrals). That post was part of my Holiday Series 2018 where I will be joined by my closest and dearest stylish blogging friends all this holiday season. =)










Comments

  1. Love the color of this skirt! So festive for thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots! They are magnificent!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this unexpected color combo! Your skirt is adorable!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pumpkin color skirt is to dye for. Stay warm.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour combination Ada - stay out of the cold - it snow a tony bit here today - Winter is coming!! x Maria
    https://www.passionfruitpawsandpeonies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I am not too sold on the tights I TOTALLY AM on the skirt and top combo! What an amazing combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts