Little Black Swing Dress for Work and a New Way to Tie a Silk Scarf.


LITTLE  BLACK  SWING  DRESS  FOR  WORK  AND  A  NEW  WAY  TO  TIE  A  SILK  SCARF.
Let's face it: there is nothing special about this little black dress. It is definitely a comfortable dress, breezy, 100% cotton, swing style. Simple style, versatile, classic yet modern. You can practically wear it for all occasions and all seasons, depending on how you style it. You can do sneakers, wedges, booties, knee-high boots, pumps, mules with heels (like I did today), wedge sneakers, flats, loafers, flat mules, open toe booties, sandals, laceup shoes, etc, etc. You can layer a tee underneath or do a blazer, cropped cardigan, regular cardigan, long cardigan, oversized cardigan, utility jacket, sweater vest, blazer, jacket or moto jacket on top. Depending on the weather, you can even do leggings or tights underneath it. And since it is a black canvas, you can wear any color with it. I picked up this dress this Summer from Loft when all of their knit/cotton dresses were $15 one day on promo. I chose to wear it for work this Fall in one of the 80-degree days we have had and I opted for a head-to-toe 100% black look with just a pop of red and gold via that Silk Geometric-Print Scarf that I tied on my waist as a belt. Which brings me to the pretty scarf. This is definitely a new way to tie a silk scarf: wear it as a belt. I opted for a knot in the way I tied it, but depending on the scarf's length you can twist it around twice creating a wide OBI belt or tie it into a bow. For shoes I chose my Faux Suede from Target. And I am also carrying a little black purse. The scarf, purse and those Bug Pave Black Enamel+Gold Little Stud Earrings are all practically vintage since each has been in my mom's closet (I borrowed all 3 from her) for over a decade. I added my Nude Python Little Bangle from White House Black Market I have had for a few years and a pink lip. Not pictured is the Structured Black Blazer I wore over this dress while at work. It was too warm for me to keep it on all the time but offices can get chilly. So yeah, an entirely-black outfit with pops of red, gold, brown and camel - all perfect Fall colors - from that amazing little scarf! Have you worn a simple LBD like mine to work lately?!  How did you style it?!



There will be another work-wear post tomorrow featuring another dress, albeit a more 'typical' dress one can wear to the office. I will be having a co-host for Thursday Moda, also. And stay tuned for a very special post on Friday as I will be sharing a Little White Dress instead!







Comments

  1. Love the little black dress! And the scarf belt looks so chic! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with this swing dress and the scarf you added to it! So chic. Thanks for the link up Ada!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to wear a scarf this way, Ada!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf looks great with the black dress, and you could have fun trying out different ones to change the look of the dress :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts