Basically, It Is Very You!

I am finally, finally blogging this work outfit. Yes, the day it was worn, was warm and humid enough outside that I forewent the blazer (though I wore it a couple of hours inside) and decided to take the photos without it, outside, instead. And these are cell-phone pics snapped in the parking lot very quickly by a co-worker who just loved my outfit so much. She said it was one of my best! She described it (and I quote) as "classy, sexy, feminine, bold and colorful." "Basically, it is very you." - she said. Of course her words put a huge smile on my face and I thought about that last sentence she said...

BASICALLY  IT  IS  VERY  YOU.
Basically - and my co-worker was right - this outfit is very me. Why?! Because A) I wear whatever the fuck I want (and I mean that in the most humane and most humble way). B) I have different outfits for different days and different moods. C) I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. D) I love to show a lot of leg. E) I am not afraid to mix patterns, textures, styles, colors and trends, which is exactly what I did for this outfit too. F) Red is my favorite color and also a color that looks great on me. I wear red a lot and when I do, I feel like I have this extra glow. And G) I love and wear a lot of color. I think this last point sort of 'gave it away' that this is an Ada Outfit in a nutshell. Truth be told, I did love this outfit and it totally went to a dinner date afterwards. I felt beautiful in it, especially since I loved the way my hair+makeup looked too. Don't you love it when hair and makeup cooperate when it comes to an outfit you just love?! I do. This was one of those days and I am glad my friend decided to snap a few photos and I snapped some selfies too with my phone, since I didn't have time to photograph it otherwise. I love my thick Wool-Blend Wrap-Style Pencil Skirt so much. It is by Loft and I am convinced that in the last 12-24 months especially Loft has had by far THE BEST SKIRTS out of all the 'typical' usual mall stores/brands out there. I paired it with this Red Sleeveless 100% Silk Pussybow Blouse by White House Black Market - they always have such pretty, well-made blouses. I decided to add a third color - as if red and pink weren't bold enough lol - and chose my Suede Kitten Heel Royal Blue Nine West Pumps. Both the blouse and pumps have been in my closet for quite some years. I also have on Beautiful Stone+Metal Chandelier Statement Earrings by Loft. As far as my lipstick it is between a fuchsia and a magenta. So, after seeing this outfit on me, do you think it is very me?! What outfits make you - very you?!I would love to know in the comments.









Image Map


Comments

  1. Great colors Ada ! I'd wear this in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is your color that forsure. I also don't care what people think of my outfit. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this outfit?! I love your color blocking. That skirt is amazing

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color blocking with this look Ada! The color mix is amazing as well. Stunning look on you!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know what I love about this outfit? It's beautiful indeed. Its bold. But mostly, I love reading the confidence of the words you wrote. I read a confodenc, happy, excited, fun lady. You wear this combination so well dear.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red and pink together, such a gorgeous outfit. The blue shoes look fabulous too! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts