The Last Day of June.

Just like that, the first 6 months of 2017 are gone and we are half-way through this year. I hope the year has been great for you thus far. I normally don't reflect on the year in the middle of it, but since it is June 30th and it dawned on me how fast 2017 flew by I decided to think a little bit about the year so far. This has been a great year for me (and Vivian too) in general, but at the same time I have been so busy. I pretty much work a full-time schedule and when I am not working, I spend my days with Vivian. I play with her, read to her, do things with her. I clean, I do dishes, I cook, I eat, I go on lunch dates, I read (a little, not as much as I'd want to), I take outfit photos, I do Instagram and Facebook and of course I blog and spend a good chunk visit my blogging community, too. I bet my entire savings that if the day had 30 hours, I'd still occupy every hour and every minute of each hour. 

Related image

I just had a doctor's appointment the other day because I hadn't gone to the doctor in forever and my muscles have been hurting lately, but nothing major. All the work and stress from it, have gotten the best of me. Anyhow, the appointment went great for the most part and my 37-year old self looks and feels great. When they took my weight, they calculated it with my height and age and I was told that I was in the 99% compatibility scale which is rare. The doctor said they look for 85% or higher. I am at what is considered the perfect optimal weight for my height and age. I think the fact that I have never smoked and I only drink very occasionally and more than that the fact that I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and try to eat healthy in general (though I am not on a diet and never been on one), has to do with this but I will take it. I also am very active and though I do not go to the gym and I must say I need to lift some weights time from time, I do walk a lot daily (a few miles) and I run sometimes, too. I haven't felt or looked better. Well maybe - not maybe, most definitely - I looked better in my late teens and early twenties when I was 120-125 lbs. instead of 135 lbs. that I am now. But I am a mom, I had a baby in me at some point, things have changed. My life has changed and my body has changed and I can only accept that with grace, joy and gratitude. I am thankful to live a healthy life and I am happy to say that I haven't been sick in about 3 years (knock on wood). I am even happier to say that Vivian hasn't been sick in 2 years and she also had a pediatrician appointment yesterday and she is as healthy as can be. She is still very small (about 10-12% in both height and weight) but her tiny petite self is strong, vibrant and healthy and that's what matters! She is looking forward to starting pre-school this September and mentions school and how excited she is, on a daily basis.

Like most people, I wish time would slow down and I could sleep better and I could sleep more because in any given week, I only get a full 8 (sometimes 9 hours of sleep) only once or sometimes twice a week. I wish time would slow down too as a mom, because I want Vivian to stay little as much as possible. She hugs me, kisses me and tells me she loves me very much many many times a day and I hope when she grows to be 10, 15 or 20 she will get to do the same. I look forward to those love declarations on her part and they make me so happy!

With that said I wish all of Canada and the Canadian bloggers: Happy Canada day (tomorrow on July 1st) and I wish all of my fellow US citizens and everyone of you who reads this blog, a very happy, healthy and firework-filled, long 4th of July weekend! I am looking forward to having the next 4 days off and getting some stuff done and cleaned around home, too! Last but not least it is my cousin's Gloria birthday today on June 30th and she is like my young sister (and she is probably my only family member who reads this blog) so I want to wish her a fantastic birthday celebration and a wonderful birthday weekend filled with lots of fun, sun, gifts and sweets!

Here is a photo of my gorgeous Gloria from this Spring, looking so pretty, sophisticated, lady-like and stunning in her Maroon Off-Shoulder Fitted Sheath and Classic Nude Pumps!





Image result for happy july 4th








Image Map

Comments

  1. she's so chic with this dress
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks really good in that color!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading every single bit of this article. I am very happy to see your article after a long time. Now its time to avail Best Roller Shutter Repair services in London for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts