Thursday Moda #43: Holiday Dresses and Accessories Remix.

Happy Thursday Moda, the second to the last one of 2016. More Dresses for Dressember, more Holiday Looks today. 

Since I wanted to show you how I remix my closet this month, I chose the same accessories but styled them with two totally different dresses. Really, I wanted to wear these Faux Suede Ghilly Stiletto Red Sandals, at least one this month since they are fun, sassy and fancy and say 'Holiday' to me. I also remixed/re-wore the same Chevron Fishnet Tights, the same Crystal Statement Necklace, the same Silver Earrings, the same Black Bow in my hair and even the same little Stretchy Bracelets. I did change purses though, Mini Box Clutch for one outfit and Elegant Crossbody Bag, for the other.

This Snow-Bird, Long-Sleeve Dress from Loft was on my Must Buy list from this year's current Winter collection. I am so glad I purchased it with 40% off. I am wearing the size 4 (I didn't try it on, at the store) since that is my usual dress size at Loft, but I would have perfectly fit into the 2. I actually wore this outfit to work exactly a week ago. I did wear the Red Stilettos and kept them on in the office, sitting at my desk for a total of 3 hours. I then switched to the chunky heel booties I had worn while driving. I must say the red shoes certainly popped here, in a sea of blues, purples and lavenders - the bright yet muted colors of the dress. I got a lot of compliments on this outfit. It is festive enough and the Winter birds are a great pattern! What do you think?! Have you ever paired blue, lavender and purple with red, before?

This dress is courtesy of Melonie. I ordered a size 6, regarding to their chart but this dress is quite loose on me though you can't tell. It is a light scuba material and I could fit a 4, perhaps even a 2. I must say I have lost at least 6 lbs. and it shows. I love the paisley mosaic of this dress that goes from red to purple but from afar it looks black. The Black Sash (off another dress) worn as an OBI Belt was a great idea, especially since the dress is a little big on me. I stayed in the red, black and burgundy family and created a Monochromatic Look, still filled with patterns and textures. I must say I love how the Waterfall Faux Leather Merlot Jacket looks over this dress. I will probably wear this dress to work tomorrow, with the same tights (my 'secret' to keeping warm is layering thin nude tights underneath these fishnet ones) but I will opt for Mid-Calf Black Boots, instead. What do you think?

The Accessories:
Leaf-Shaped Silver "Flora" Crystal Statement Necklace: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge, love this).
Silver-tone Drop Hoops w/ Square Silver Stone in the middle: White House Black Market (similar twisted design, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar elegant option), (similar, Splurge, love these).
Red, Faux Suede Fringe Laceup/Ghilly Stiletto Sandals w/ Tassels: Charlotte Russe (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar sexy option), (similar espadrille wedges, on Sale, my Favorite).
Navy+Lavender Snowbird+Floral Patterned Long-Sleeve Chiffon Dress: Loft (New) (identical, on Huge Sale), (similar in teal w/ birds, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Burgundy/Bourdeaux Velvet Box Clutch: Who What Wear (New) (identical, comes in teal too!), (gorgeous option w/ tassel, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Splurge).
Leaf-Shaped Silver "Flora" Crystal Statement Necklace: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge, love this).
Silver-tone Drop Hoops w/ Square Silver Stone in the middle: White House Black Market (similar twisted design, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar elegant option), (similar, Splurge, love these).
One Olive+Lime Green Ombre Crystal Bracelet + One Burgundy+Red Ombre Crystal Bracelet: A Local Michigan Boutique (New).
Black Textured Chevron Fishnet Tights: Vera Wang via Kohl's (very similar, Steal), (similar), (sexy option, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Red, Faux Suede Fringe Laceup/Ghilly Stiletto Sandals w/ Tassels: Charlotte Russe (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar sexy option), (similar espadrille wedges, on Sale, my Favorite).

The Details:
One Olive+Lime Green Ombre Crystal Bracelet + One Burgundy+Red Ombre Crystal Bracelet: A Local Michigan Boutique (New).
Deep Merlot Crossbody+Handle, Elegant, Faux Leather Bag: Who What Wear via Target (New) (similar, Steal), (similar colorblocked option, on Sale, love this), (similar, Splurge).
Merlot/Burgundy Vegan Leather+Faux Suede Drape-Front Jacket: KUT from the Kloth via Nordstrom (New) (identical, on Huge Sale), (similar moto jacket, Huge Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Red+Purple Mirror Mosaic, Elbow-Sleeve, Scuba Sheath: c/o Melonie (New) (similar sleeveless option), (similar, om Sale, my Favorite), (quite similar, Splurge).
Black Jersey Sash/Belt: White House Black Market (off another dress) (very similar, Steal), (similar, Splurge, love this).
Merlot/Burgundy Vegan Leather+Faux Suede Drape-Front Jacket: KUT from the Kloth via Nordstrom (New) (identical, on Huge Sale), (similar moto jacket, Huge Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Deep Merlot Crossbody+Handle, Elegant, Faux Leather Bag: Who What Wear via Target (New) (similar, Steal), (similar colorblocked option, on Sale, love this), (similar, Splurge).
Leaf-Shaped Silver "Flora" Crystal Statement Necklace: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge, love this).
Silver-tone Drop Hoops w/ Square Silver Stone in the middle: White House Black Market (similar twisted design, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar elegant option), (similar, Splurge, love these).
One Olive+Lime Green Ombre Crystal Bracelet + One Burgundy+Red Ombre Crystal Bracelet: A Local Michigan Boutique (New).
Black Textured Chevron Fishnet Tights: Vera Wang via Kohl's (very similar, Steal), (similar), (sexy option, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Red, Faux Suede Fringe Laceup/Ghilly Stiletto Sandals w/ Tassels: Charlotte Russe (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar sexy option), (similar espadrille wedges, on Sale, my Favorite).


About 100 outfits were linked last week, so many great looks for the upcoming holidays. A lot of red, gold, silver and some green in the mix. I saw a lot of plaid, tulle, satin and fur too. Narrowing it down to these 6 favorites was difficult. You ladies are fashionistas!
Roxanne wears a 'Burgundy' Chiffon Dress with Knee-High Camel Boots and proves these two colors work together. She looks stunning in all these photos, too.
Speaking of stunning, Sarah is all that and a red rose Southern Belle at the 'Holly Ball'. Her and her man were one gorgeous pair, beautifully dressed too.
Monica's 'Holiday Poncho' in buffalo plaid is perfect over classic black skinny trousers and some sexy leopard pumps. Holiday dressing doesn't have to be complicated.
Chioma's 'Vintage Blazer + Faux Fur' are seriously the perfect duo that compliments one-another.
More 'Festive Fur' and a festive "Baby It's Cold Outside" beaded bag is worn by the always-stylish Shauna. Love that cropped jacket.
Carrie, also, mixed red buffalo plaid on top, black on the bottom and a pop of leopard in 'A Perfect Harmony' Holiday Look which is always a classic.

Now join the linkup and make some new friends!







Comments

  1. Wow, love both of those holiday dresses - can't pick one or the other, you look fantastic in both! And those red heels...I neeeeeed those! Thank you so much for the feature!! :) Made my day! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Ada! I look forward to more of your fabulous link parties into the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore those red heels!!! Merry Christmas Ada, may it be all things lovely for you and your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those heels! So glad you incorporated them into your outfits. And the tights are stunning, too! You always find the best dresses from Target!

    Thank you SO much for the feature. I'm so happy that we're blogger friends and had the chance to get closer this year. Happy holidays to you and your family, and lots of hugs to little Vivi!

    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dresses!!! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada thank you so much for the feature! I'm glad you enjoyed my look and chose one of mine out of 100! You look gorgeous in both dresses, I'm in LOVE with the second dress! Thank you for your constant kind words on my blog :) I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't those red fringe sandals fun?! I have a similar pair and I love 'em in the summer- you're working them for Christmas! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. But those red shoes!!!! LOVE!
    -inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those heels aren fantastic! Perfect for a holiday party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that LOFT dress and wanted it, but I still had a bump when I tried it. Looks so good on you. Red is also a good color on you. Great dresses.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your bird print dress, it's so unexpectedly festive!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great all dressed up! I love those red heels!

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas dear Ada.

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving both of these dresses on you, and the red heels are perfect for the holidays! Also loving the patterned tights. Have a wonderful holiday!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the print on the red dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all that snow Ada !
    Loving the bird print dress and wishing you a marvellous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great holiday looks! Love the dresses they look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing Ada in both looks. I am so sorry about your finger this week and send you thoughts and prayers. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. both looks are very festive and I especially adore the black and red dress. thank you for sharing these holiday creations with my Fine-Whatever link up.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the feature and so sorry I missed it! I love these Christmas dresses on you! I need a red dress!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. THat red dress is so pretty! I bet it would look great for Valentine's Day too!

    http://www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts