Thursday Moda #35: Posing in Plaid with Vivian.

 Welcome to week 35 of another stylish, trendy, colorful, bold, fashion-forward Thursday Moda. Once again like last week, I am joined by my mini-me Vivian who wanted to pose and take photos with mommy as I was snapping these pictures for the blog (before work). So instead of me wearing Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness, my daughter Vivi is my main pink accessory. She is dressed head to toe in her favorite color (I wrote more about that in this post - please read it, I can seriously use your advice). Thank you so much! Yeah so Vivian loves to pose when she is in the mood for pictures (which is not always). Where did she learn these poses from, I wonder? LOL Future style blogger, right here, right?!

So this bright Kelly Green Plaid Shirtdress from Targay is one I saw on Lindsay first, last month. But September was a no-shop month for me. I told myself and even commented on Lindsay's post I would buy it in October. So as soon as October rolled in (possibly on Oct 1st lol), I ordered this Green+Navy Plaid Shirtdress and the one in the Burgundy+Cream Plaid, along with the Gorgeous Block Heel Cranberry Shoes I wore today, from target.com. These Plaid Shirtdresses are both beautiful and lined with another plaid underneath like this one has B+W Gingham. These Merona dresses I'd say run a little small. I ordered the Medium and I loved the not-super-tight fit and the slightly-longer length. It paired so well with Burgundy and Cognac and a touch of Red too - my bright lipstick, it is this Ravishing Red with a coat of Fatal Apple (love that name) super lustrous gloss. I can picture this gorgeous green plaid dress with a red cardigan and black or navy tights, and also with a cream sweater/vest and red tights, for the upcoming Holiday season. It would look super pretty no?

Black Plastic, Classic Wayfarer Sunglasses: Ray Ban (identical), (very similar, Steal), (similar, on Huge Sale, my Favorite), (trendy modern option, Great Deal).
Bright True Red Lipstick: L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in "Ravishing Red" (identical, a Steal and it is fantastic!).
Orange Red Lipgloss: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in "Fatal Apple" (identical, a Steal and I swear by it!).
Silver Dainty Chain Necklace w/ a tiny Royal Blue Pave Ball Pendant: A Local Boutique in Albania (very similar w/ different logs/initials, love these), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Dangly Oval-Shaped Double Stone Earrings in Marble & Black Quartz: Olivia & Grace via Rocksbox (New) (similar simple option, Steal, love these), (gorgeous, dressy statement option, Steal, my Favorite), (similar, Great Deal).
Gold-Tone Crystal Sparkly Octavia Cuff: Loren Hope via Rocksbox (New) (gorgeous dressy option, Steal, love this), (very similar by Loren Hope), (similar, my Favorite from Loren Hope, I own this).
Cranberry/Magenta Faux Suede Wide-Strap, Block Heel Sandals: "Allie" by Merona via Target (New) (identical, Huge Steal, love them), (open-back pump option, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar laceup option, small Splurge, love these), (similar, Splurge).
 Use my special code to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home: ADABFF39.

Vivian's Outfit:
Pink Peppa Pig, Long-Sleeve Graphic Tee: Meijer's.
Bright Coral-Pink Leggings: A Boutique in Albania.
Baby Pink "Hello Kitty" Shoes: Crocs.
120 outfits were showcased last week, a couple of new entries in the mix. Today I was smitten by a classically-cut plaid shirt that can be worn many ways and Potter's Clay - a color I love and wore a lot on the blog, last week - is the dominating color of this week's features. Besides plaid, I am in love with dark moody florals. Both dresses I featured are so pretty!
Today's Featured Blogger is SHEREE from Posh Classy Mom, who is always on her Fashion A+ game. Sheree linked this three-fer post showing us three very different yet equally stunning and crisp outfits from coast to coast with what seems like the perfect Navy+White Plaid Shirt. It is so classy and modern. I want to re-create every single outfit with a similar shirt I own. She also linked up this sweater look and this shirtdress look all of which were stunning and posh looks also. I must say the lovely Sheree totally deserves the name "Posh Classy Mom" because she is always that despite having two young toddlers. I look forward to what she links up each week because it is always beautiful and stylish. Sheree also has her own linkup every Wednesday "Midweek Inspirations" a linkup about everything not just fashion, and alongside two other stylish mammas, she co-hosts a fashion linkup every Friday, too. If you don't know about Sheree yet, please stop by and follow her.

It is 'Tulle Time at Disney' for the always-colorful, always-beautiful Katie. I want all her collection of skirts and handbags including these today. The gold accents were perfect, too.
Andrea hinted at this 'H&M Floral Dress' on a previous post and I was dying to see it. The moody florals, the colors, the length - it is perfect for now.
Bojana is ready for a hot date night in 'Strappy Heels and Bell Sleeves'. I need to buy her pretty Old Navy Blouse.
Che can still wear little dresses like this as well as light not just 'Dark Florals' since she lives in warm Spain. Both the dress and bag need to appear in my closet.

Also linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for their "Start Off Stylish" Linkup.
Lastly, linking with the ladies of "The Blended Blog".


Now join the linkup and make some new friends!
Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood











Image Map


Comments

  1. Aw Ada, thank you so much for the feature and your sweet and thoughtful introduction of my blog. I'm truly touched and flattered that you find my blog and my styles inspiring. I am constantly inspired by other bloggers each week as well. I love that you choose Vivian as your "pink" for Breast Cancer awareness to compliment your green plaid dress (which is beautiful) and those burgundy heels are def the color to sport for this season.

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress Ada...I can see why you got it in two colors! Just yesterday I was looking at a picture of my daughter taken in the hallway at school for Western Day and I commented on how she always poses like a blogger...lol!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute plaid dress & those red heels are amazing!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those heels and I saw that plaid dress, wow...it's the perfect color for you!! You are both sweet angels and terrific "models!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that plaid dress on you! I was just thinking I want to do a post about everything plaid - such a great look for the fall :) This is my first time linking up with your blog - I found it on Thursday Favorite Things Link Up and I'm so happy I stumbled upon it. Thanks for hosting :)

    Sarah Bell
    www.trendyandtidy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kelly green plaid dress! Those heels are amazing with it! Vivian is such a cute little model!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi dear, I love your tartan shirt dress...I like the combo with burgundy shoes
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shirt dresses, you look fabulous in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plaid dress Ada! You and sweet V look beautiful as ever.

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore this plaid dress! The color is so pretty. Thanks for the link up!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw you two look great, love this dress Ada!
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute dress! And I love all the photos with Vivian! She is a natural and soooo cute!

    Thanks for picking me as one of your favorites! I'm very happy I got the dress! :-)

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  13. You girls look so cute- and I love your green plaid, Ada!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that that dress could totally be worn through so many seasons. In the fall because its fall-tastic colors, around the holidays and in the spring for St. Patty's day! Pretty plaid pattern. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushps.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun plaid dress! Perfect for fall. And Vivian looks adorable!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful color on you! Perfect dress for fall!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tie at the waist! You are rocking this shirt dress.

    Mary
    www.marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect plaid dress for the fall, I love that your little mini you are in some of the pictures, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is that dress?! Love it. And, as usual, your little person is just cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always love a great plaid dress, and green plaid is my absolute favorite!! Love the check pattern peeking out from the back hem! Beautiful Ada!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I finally remember it was Thursday lol. I am loving this plaid dress and paired with those adorable sandals!!
    xo, Lee
    wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ada I have picked up this dress so many times! I am so short waisted and alot of times things that are belted like this just don't work. It is so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like how this dress is cinched in at the waist! I feel like plaid shirtdresses that are looser look like nightgowns. This totally looks like a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this color plaid Ada, and agree love that it shows the waistline. YOur daughter is so cute wanting to post like Mommie. Those red heels are pretty fab too!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute dress and an even cuter mini-me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute dress. I love the gingham lining!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What feels more fall than plaid? it's such a quintessential print! And those heels, I'm craving them badly!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your plaid dress is cute and I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your plaid dress, and the green is beautiful on you! Also loving that Vivian is wearing pink. She's the cutest accessory!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE YOUR TARTAN DRESS!!!!
    XO
    -INMYJOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  31. Prefect fall dress. I say just like Vivian wear all the pink she wants. You could limit her to only one pink items to wear a day.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  32. First off, thank you so much Ada for featuring my style in your blog; I feel honored.
    Second, you know the little ones, they just steal the show. She is adorable and reminds me of my oldest one at her age, all pink, and more pink (not so much at the age of 9 3/4).
    Third, I love the plaid dress and the cognac tote bag paired together. A plaid tunic/dress was on my fall wish list, but like you I am really trying to buy one or two pieces a month, up to a total of $100 and it's been TOUGH with so many great styles out there but I am sticking to it. November 1st can't come soon enough. LOL. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I love your outfit! The shoes and the plaid dress are great together. This outfit is one of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look great, girl!! I love how you paired it with those red heels! Such a great look! And thanks for the shout-out! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice shirt dress Ada, i am a fan of all things plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the green plaid and red shoes XOXO. Stop by and join the linkup @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2016/10/linkupwithlisa-73-class-of-1986-high.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your dress Ada, it looks great with your sandals that you teamed it up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts