Currently: April 2016.

Another month, another currently list. Welcome to April. It should be Spring right? Well it sure doesn't feel like it in Michigan. Temperatures are below 30 degrees in the mornings and at night and we need to unfrost our cars each morning before heading to work. Now that I am typing this, it is snowing and we can get anywhere between 2 to 5 inches. Of course it is snowing now in mid April since on Christmas it was in the 50s. Anyhow, as usual I am linking up with Anne and Jenna.


Image via Delish

Image via Opulent Concepts
making: healthier eating and drinking choices. Lots of vegetables, fish, whole grain pasta with tomato or pesto sauces, salads and light soups; also to drink -  tea, 100% natural juice drinks and healthier coffees like decaf and light coffee drinks. Another thing I am making is a Spring wreath, better late than never I know. There is so much inspiration online and on Pinterest. I still think it is OK to put up a Spring wreath now. After all our Easter is actually on May 1st and I hope by then it will feel warm enough to wear a pretty dress, you know a real Easter outfit.


wishlisting: a nice pastel spring bag in a decent size like a satchel or a tote like this one or this one. Which one do you like best? I would also love to add a Rose Quartz/Baby Pink Faux Leather Moto Jacket like this. I am also eyeing the one in the collage but in soft pink. It is by Express. Last but not least, I am craving two different pairs of shoes: these sneakers and some camel or cognac flatform sandals. What are you wish-listing this Spring?

cleaning: I am cleaning out every drawer, every nook, every credenza, dresser and closet. I am doing a major Spring clean-out. I wish I had taken some photos so far but I didn't have time about that or think about it while I was cleaning and organizing. There was so much unused or expired products and junk in the bathroom. I am sure I am not alone here, no? How does all that stuff accumulate? 

I tend to be bad when it comes to clothes and some of them I tend to hoard for many years. Truth be told, several pieces haven't been worn in years and others have never even worn. To keep me motivated and thorough in cleaning out my closet, I am following the rule here (above).

Hot Pink+White Soft Chenile Sweater: Arizona via JC Penney (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar in different colors, Great Deal), (similar colorblocked, Steal, love this).
Black Elastic Headband w/ Nude+Silver Crystal Embellishment: Wal Mart (New) 
Gold Fuzzy Glittery Wallet: Old Navy (similar, Splurge, love this), (very similar, Great Deal).
Gold-tone Ring w/ Amethyst Oval Stone: Lord & Taylor (similar, Splurge), (gorgeous option, Great Deal, love this), (fun option, Steal, love this).

posting: Wintery Outfits still. And on Monday there will be a heavy sweater and photos on a snow day, sorry. That is just how the weather has been. Too bad because I have done a lot of Spring shopping and also am excited to wear some of my previous warm weather pieces. I am also still wearing sweaters (like in the photo above), thick cardigans and blanket scarves. While on Instagram I am posting several pictures and videos of Vivian and daily meals, mostly. Follow me here.

tasting: This is what I am currently eating (my late breakfast today). So what I am tasting is a toasted bagel with pinenut flavored hummus and some fresh fruit: green grapes and strawberries (they were so sweet too). I am also drinking a hot coffee I just made with milk, a little bit of sugar and some tiny marshmallows on top. 


Ant this is what Vivian is currently eating (for late breakfast): a toasted bagel with a bread buttery spread and some strawberries which she insists on calling red grapes (LOL) and she is drinking some organic Orange Juice. All of this while watching one of her cartoons on her iPod, of course. Otherwise, meal time is a lot harder and she wouldn't eat if no cartoons were involved lol. My toddler is a very picky eater and such a small-portion eater too, so I will take whatever I can get. 


Also linking with the ladies of "Tuesday Talk": BeckyBethLauraMichelleStasiaStephanie and Whitney.




Comments

  1. I have been dying for the Stan Smiths. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the weather and wintery outfits... having a wreath like that would make me feel better about the snow though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the closet clean out! I need to go through mine, but I'm going to wait until things calm a little post-baby first! :) I threw out a lot last pregnancy that I still regret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to clean out my closet and that is the perfect question to help! Love your spring wreath and the blush bag on your wishlist!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas here, Ada - and I love the closet clean out inspiration! Thanks for sharing with Vis Monday, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red grapes, that is too cute! This time of year always makes me want to eat healthier, more fresh meals too (although not without things like ice cream and chocolate, ha!). I love that pretty spring wreath, I need one for my door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Closet clean outs are my favorite, however in my case it's one garment at the time ! That's why I tale so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty wreath! You've reminded me I need to make one!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty spring wreath! I've been thinking about making some wreaths for each season for my house, but I've been a bit lazy about it! And cleaning closets.... that is exactly what I'm working on this month!

    Stopped by through the link up! Awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand just how you feel about wondering where all of the stuff comes from. LOL! That pine nut hummus sounds fantastic. I had not heard of that before, but now I must have it. Thank you so much for linking up with #UpsyDaisyLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya! We just finally started to get nice weather up here in Ottawa, Canada. April felt more like March until a few days ago...Hopefully the weather will get better for you too! Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/04/17/diy-brazilian-hair-extensions/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts