Red Turtleneck Sweater.

I had a million things to do on Tuesday on a day off from work. I realized it when I looked at my planner that  maybe not all of it would get done and I was right. About 40% of them got done. Due to a very busy day, I wasn't able to get this post in, either. Keeping it real here. One of these days I will have an entire week of outfits planned ahead. Then I will feel like a real blogger, lol.
I wore this Outfit to work last weekend. Just a little red and black to brighten up a Saturday morning meeting (don't you hate those?) Vivian told me I looked so pretty. I know she loves red but she especially loves when mamma wears red lipstick and when I apply it, I have to put some on her lips as well. This Red Turtleneck Sweater is definitely a Statement piece. It is from the Forenza line at The Limited, from a few years ago. It is in a nice thick ribbed pattern and the chunky neckline makes it more modern. I paired it with my New Black Trousers who are currently my Favorite Black Pants. They are from the Worthington brand at JC Penney (a very stylish and affordable, well-made brand which I love) and one recent weekend I bought them while they were on sale for 20 bucks, but with a coupon I got them for about 13 bucks. I also purchased them in Emerald. If they had them in Cobalt, Red and maybe a Light Pink (Rose Quartz) I would have purchased all of these colors. I seriously hope they come up with some Bright Colors for Spring so I can pick them up. I might have to go back and get the Gray pair. To match my Red Sweater I got on Red Lipstick, Red 360 Studs and my Red Soles. On a cold and windy day I wore my Classic Black Coat and accessorized the Outfit with my New Black Crossbody Bag from H&M which I adore. The outfit turned out great: so simple yet elegant and perfect for upcoming Valentine's Day. This outfit was perfect to post today since day two of "Create 28" features a turtleneck. You should check out my friend Whitney's Outfit because she looks cozy and adorable. Do you own a Thick Turtleneck Sweater for Winter? How about a Red Turtleneck?

Red, Thick, Ribbed Turtleneck "Forenza" Sweater: The Limited (similar, Splurge), (similar, great deal, love this), (similar, Steal).
Black, Classic, Wool, 3/4-Length Coat: Meijer's (similar, Splurge), (similar, great deal, love this), (similar, Steal).
Classic Black Slim Trousers: Worthington (JC Penney) (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, great deal, love these), (similar, Steal).
Black Faux Leather Rectangle Cross-Body Bag w/ Long Tassel: H&M (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, great deal, love these), (similar, Steal).
Red, Double-sided, Bobble Earrings w/ Large Pearl on the Back & Small Crystal on the Front: c/o Viggos (similar, great deal), (similar, on sale, love these), (similar, Steal).
Red Lustrous Lipstick: Revlon "Cherry Blossom" Super Lustrous (identical, Steal), (similar, Splurge).
Gold Metallic Faux Alligator Almond-toe Pumps: Christian Louboutin (similar, Splurge), (similar, great deal, love these), (similar, Steal).



P.S. Also linking up with Alice, Allison, Amanda, Brooke with Erica, Carrie with Jill, Claire, 





Comments

  1. You are such a stunner in Red Ada!! Love that sweater and you look so adorable and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. red look amazing one you. Hope your doing well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that the turtleneck is a little looser and red is definitely your color girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we both wore red yesterday! Whose birthday balloons? Are you a February birthday as well? Love the gold heels with this look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look so fab in red Ada!! This is such a chic and classic look on you, hope you are having a great week so far!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been loving turtlenecks lately!! you look fab in red!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a fan of turtlenecks, and this vibrant red colour is stunning!

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in red! I wish I could wear turtle necks, but just looking at you wearing them makes me feel claustrophobic, haha. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful in red! Love the combo paired with the gold heels!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely shade of red on you! I especially love that adorable camera-style bag with the tassel that you paired it with. I'm obsessed with that style of bag lately!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Loving the black and red! Perfect for Valentines Day!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely sweater! Thank you for joining my link up babe!! Baci, Coco et La vie en rose Fashion&Beauty
    My latest post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, you are gorgeous in red! I have many turtlenecks, because I'm cold all the time. But no red ones! Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you look gorgeous in red! This classic red/black combination is simply amazing on you, with your dark hair and that red lipstick. Cute earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red is a lovely colour on you, and red and black is a classic outfit combination :)

    Don't feel bad about not getting everything done or making a post - sometimes real life is more important than blog-land!

    Oh and to answer your question, I have just 7 weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so pretty in red! I'm loving those gold heels too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a chic look Ada, you look so elegant! And what a difference a fun pair of shoes can make--those heels rock and they totally add some funkiness and make this look so "you".

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great in red, Ada. Wear it often! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great festive look! Thanks for linking up with me and this will be getting pinned to the linkup board!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Red suits you. You look so very happy here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I like that you pair the look with golden pumps. So unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This red turtleneck sweater is perfect for the wintertime! I love it with the gold heels - a lovely look for Valentine's Day!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pants do look amazing on you! Gotta love JCP, the deals are amazing! Love the way you look in red too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that classic look, Ada! Sweaters like that, I would buy in all colors as well!
    Emily
    Darling, Dearest

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the red. You look so chic! Thanks for linking up...Happy Monday. XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look fabulous in red! Thanks for joining us on My Refined Style.
    Cheers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  27. You had me at the color red! Thanks for lending your flair to the My Refined Style Linkup. See you again next month!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this whole outfit. The red is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts