Work Clothes Remix with My Pink Striped Portofino Shirt + Linkup.

There have been a lot of Casual Outfits here in the last couple of months, but today I am switching it up by showing you a remix post with some Work Clothes. For this remix, I took one of my brand new Portofino Shirts from Express (this Nautical Hot Pink and Navy one) and in the first outfit I am showing how to wear it now, while in the second outfit I am showing it for later, let's say closer to Thanksgiving when temperatures hit 50 or below.

Ohh how much I love the first "Now" Outfit. I dusted off my geometry lessons and proved that mixing squares or grids with vertical stripes totally works. Especially since one pattern is bolder both in color and in shape (the striped shirt) while the other is more muted and neutral in black+white (the grid pants). I added some simple silver (skinny) Teardrop-Shaped Earrings, a Black Quilted Purse with silver studs and silver chain strap and made my feet pretty with my Soft Pink Suede Pumps featuring cute piping and side bows. For the second "Later" Outfit I paired the Portofino Shirt with an A-line, Wool-Knit Skirt. The Skirt has very thin Chevron Pinstripes in Baby Pink. Giving you the illusion of an entire black monochromatic look from the waist down, I actually have on Navy Tights. They are in a Herringbone Pattern. I also wore my Black Leather Booties which are in a classic style. I tied in the Silver Purse with the Silver Cluster Earrings and wore a couple of Light Pink Pearl Bracelets bringing out the little pink featured on the stripes of the skirt. I can see the first outfit being such a Cute Look for Date Night, also. With the little purse and the earrings I chose it is definitely Elegant and Sexy enough for a wine+dine date with your sweetheart. And the second outfit is so Comfortable while being Dressy and Sophisticated. I can run errands and be on my feet all day in those boots. As a matter of fact both outfits also happen to follow "Create 28" prompts for this month's challenge with Carrie, Whitney and Casey with whom I am linking up today. One of the prompts was Tights and the other was Colored/Patterned Bottoms. Technically both of my bottoms are patterned, today. Which of the two outfits do you prefer and would you wear these to your work or at the office for Fall?

Circle, Silver Frame, Dark Gray Sunglasses: A Random Boutique (New) (very similar, Splurge), (similar, Steal, my favorites).

The Jewelry:
Stretchy Little Light Pink Pearl Bracelet (set of 2): Express.
Silver+Smoke Cluster Stud Earrings: White House Black Market (similar by Adriana Orsini, best deal), (similar by Givenchy, great deal, my favorite), (similar, on sale, love these).
Silver+Smoke Cluster Stud Earrings: White House Black Market (similar by Adriana Orsini, best deal), (similar by Givenchy, great deal, my favorite), (similar, on sale, love these).
Stretchy Little Light Pink Pearl Bracelet (set of 2): Express.

P.S. Linking up with Biana, Carylee, Carrie, Casey + co, Cherie, Claire, Confident Twosday,

Thank you for joining our link-up, today. Amy and I are hosting this pink-themed link-up 
on Mondays and Wednesdays all month long. Welcome and join us!








Comments

  1. Loving these looks Ada! Lovely shirt and skirt combo. I have boots like those on my shopping wishlist.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mix of prints here! So chic Ada! :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that you can wear that blouse a couple of different ways!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the print mix of the first look! Such a cute outfit!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are fab trousers! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern mixing, Ada! Thanks for sharing with Vis Monday, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mixing stripes! These are both such fun looks.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the top with the skirt!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love those pants and they look great on you! I have to remember to add some dressier looks on my blog at times, too and not do too many casual looks!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the blouse and skirt combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stripes with the grid pattern, its fun!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've mixed this outfit, so chic! The windowpane pants are just too perfect!

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting today. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice outfit sweetie♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful blouse! the colours are so bright. Love it with the checkered pants!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pattern on pattern! Love how you remixed the shirt to for different looks

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Loving that striped top! So fun paired with the windowpane print!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mix of prints. It's so fun and looks great on you. Pink is definitely your color! -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous top! You did such an excellent job mixing pattern with the stripes and window pane. Love the look from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that blouse! I may have to see if I can find one! I especially love the look of the blouse with the pants...such a bold and fun pattern play! --- Amy @ http://thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that blouse, girlfriend! Awesome stripes!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great looks! My favorite is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the pattern mixing here, it looks so chic Ada!! I really love the look with the pants and also like these outdoor pics! Have a great day sweet lady:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these Express shirts as well! The grid pants are another item that I am looking to get my hands on as well! Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
    -Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute top! I've been wanting a portofino for a while. And those pants-I want them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So hard to decide which look is my favorite! I do love the shape of the A line skirt and how adorable you look in it!
    Great pattern mixing too!
    Thanks for joining our link up today.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great looks, love this outfit both ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the top with the pants... very bold and fun!
    Carolyn
    Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Ada! Aren't those Portofino shirts the best?! Love them! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ~Alissa
    www.lipglossandlabels.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love both versions of pattern mixing you've done here. And the pants look fab on you Ada!

    Have a great week :-)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great minds think alike this week - so fun to see how you remix your top! Love the pattern mixing with the grid pants

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts