My Favorite Things about Fall.

Fall or Autumn is by far my most favorite season ever. Growing up in Michigan I appreciated it even more. It is seriously gorgeous there this time of the year and you can find leaves in any colors you can make up names for. I am serious. It is the crispness in the air, the little chill you get from the wind and yes even the sound of the rain that combined with the falling of the leaves and the undressing of the trees, makes nature just the most beautiful thing, during the Fall season. Today I am joining Lana and the ladies from Lifestyle Sistas to talk about my 5 Favorite Things about Fall.

1} Fall Styles and Fall Fashions (this is mostly a Style blog after all). This is a no-brainer. One of my most favorite things about Fall is the way we dress. Bring on the layers, the boots and the scarves. This Fall there are 5 things I am looking forward to be wearing: Plaid, Leather, Booties + Oxford Shoes, the colors Burgundy + Gray, and last but not least Skinny Jeans.  I recently added some of these items I am craving for this Season and cannot wait to show them to you ladies, soon.

Below, I put together a Polyvore set where I styled a Plaid Shirt 2 ways - one is dressier, the other one casual but put-together. I'd wear both outfits head to toe. I do love Plaid this time of the year. but this Fall I am especially drawn to Dark-Colored Plaid and Tartan Shirts.




Fall Plaid Shirt - 2 Ways

Details of the pieces, below:
2} Hot Chocolate and Hot Tea. As much as I am a tea drinker, I appreciate a good blend of tea (hot tea) even more during Fall. Black tea, Chinese or Asian blends are my favorite. They are rich in taste and smell. And I almost always add lemon, sometimes even a tea spoon of honey. And hot chocolate is perfect for a chilly, rainy day, what can I say.

3} Fall TV. This Summer and early Fall I started watching some shows (well 2) and got caught up on both "Orange is the New Black" and "Switched at Birth". They are both excellent shows by the way. I recently just finished "Switched" and I am up to checking out a couple of new TV Shows that sound interesting.  Besides the new American Shows, I will try to follow the new "Voice of Albania" which just started this weekend. I don't have time for more than 2-3 shows at once so we'll see. Any TV Shows (new or old) that you recommend?

4} Decorating. I plan on doing a little Fall decorating around my home. I don't have a lot of Fall things (we have only lived here for 2.5 years) but I will put up a few. And I really want to DIY a Fall wreath as well.

5} Chestnuts. I live in a country known for their amazing chestnuts that come out this time of the year. I love eating them roasted or boiled till they are all mushy, slightly sweet and delicious. I also came up with my own chestnut soup recipe so I will be making that again. And my mother-in-law also does Chicken stuffed with Chestnuts which is delicious.

What are your Favorite Things about Fall? Tell me in the comments.


P.S. I am also linking with Erin and Laura for their Trend Spin Weekly which this week is all about Footwear. As I said my Footwear of choice for Fall are Booties and Oxford Shoes or Brogues. What is your Fall Footwear?

And stop by the blog tomorrow and link up with me, your latest cute outfit. Thanks for reading. =)





Comments

  1. I've actually never tried chestnuts before! But I love hot tea and fall tv :) It seems like every night has a new season of one of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is really cool!


    Raindrops of Sapphire | Personal Blog

    The Jeans Blog | Dedicated to everything denim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fall outfit collage, I would wear both of those outfits! And I couldn't agree more I have been drinking SO MUCH TEA since the fall began!

    Ada I hope you can join the #reasonstodress Real Mom Street Style linkup again this week! you are one of my featured bloggers!

    All the best,
    Angie from reasons to dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fall looks! That ring is super cute and I adore those booties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - I'm so glad you linked up with us! I love your list, especially the fashion of course. Yum - chestnuts. I haven't had any for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collage! I love the plaid top and those oxfords! I've never had chestnuts before, I'll have to try them!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want everything in that collage you made... :) Especially the plaid shirt, grey skirt and the necklace. I love hot tea, too, and I need to make it for myself more! I really love apple cider, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these things too! And I'm so jealous that you get to eat lots of chestnuts. As you know, they aren't as easy to come by around here. I ate so many of them around the holidays when I lived in France. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the leaves changing, the cool morning air, the lovely temps, camping, and of course wearing my fav rich colored clothes and boots. Love the DM wine brogues. Nice choices.
    from the link up,

    please stop by jess

    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts