Mom's Must Have Fall Items Series - Week 2 STATEMENT NECKLACES + SCARVES.

Welcome to week two of Fall's Must Have Items for Moms compiled by Heather of H&K Style Journey and myself. The first week we styled Cardigans.
This week we chose Statement Necklaces & Scarves. Both of these Neck Accessories can make a difference when styling Fall Clothes. Both of these Outfits I styled were actually what I wore this past weekend, when it was cool out. The Outfit with the Statement Necklace is dressier, the other one is more Casual. And for the first time I am wearing the Le Bleu Bunny Shoes I won a month and a half ago on a giveaway, from LAURA of Walking in Memphis in High Heels. That was my first ever giveaway won from blogging. And I love the Shoes.
First is the Outfit featuring the Statement Necklace. This was worn Sunday Evening when we went over to visit my Aunt & Uncle. I paired this (washable) Silk, Floral Blouse (that I have had for several years) with some wide Dressy Crops from The Limited & this Adorable Black Velour/Velvet, Cropped Blazer that is actually from Wal Mart but I love. Of course I featured a Beautiful Crystal, Glass Necklace with Large Bobble Beads. And of course my Le Bunny Peep-Toe Wedges. Wearing a Blazer (for Fall) is also a weekly trend over at Spotlight of the Week.
V-Neck, Cap-Sleeve, Blue/Black/White/Pink Floral, Silk Blouse: Express.
Black, Long-Sleeve, Cropped, Velour Blazer: Wal Mart.
Tweed, Beige-Grayish, Dressy, Wide Cropped Pants: The Limited.
Clear, Neutral & White, Ombre, Glass & Crystal Statement Necklace w/ Large Beads: White House Black Market.
Black Quilted, Shiny Purse w/ Silver Chain Strap: White House Black Market.
Heather Gray, Leather Suede, Peep-toe Wedges w/ Neon Yellow peeking from the Toe: c/o Le Bunny Bleu (New).

Secondly I styled a Shirt I have had in my closet for over a decade (and it is a Chambray - it  goes to show you that Styles come & go) with my newest Wide, Wrap Scarf from Gap (which I love), some Light Colored Blue Jeans & the Peep-toe Wedges. This is definitely a more Casual Look but the Clutch polishes it up. Between the Orange on the Scarf, the Yellow on the Peep toes & the Fuchsia Clutch, I got lots of Neon here.
3/4 Sleeve, Cotton, Chambray Shirt: The Limited (Vintage from 1999).
Light Wash, Deconstructed, Boot-cut Blue Jeans: Aeropostale (New).
Sky Blue, Coral & Periwinkle Color-blocked/Stripped, Light Linen Scarf: Gap (New).
Magenta/Fuchsia, Patent Leather, Leopard Print Fold-over Clutch: DSW.
Heather Gray, Leather Suede, Peep-toe Wedges w/ Neon Yellow peeking from the Toe: c/o Le Bunny Bleu (New).

Last but not least I wanted to show you a few more ways to style Statement Necklaces & Scarves for Fall, with different styles of Shirts & Necklines. I took the same 3 Tops and styled them first with a Statement Necklace & then with a Scarf. For the Red Top, I went Monochrome and wore a Necklace in the same Color. While the Gingham Top the Necklace is actually a Teal/Mint one, while the Button-down is Bright Blue like a Turquoise though the Colors look one and the same. Let's see each look side by side. The Tops look differently styled with Necklaces from being paired with Scarves. What do you think?
Tops:
Turquoise & White, Long-Sleeve, Gingham Button-Down Shirt: Old Navy.
Red on Red Printed, Long-Sleeve, Boat-Neck, Smocked, Silk Blouse: Express.
Purple+Gray Plaid, Linen-Cotton blend, Tunic Button-Down: La Chateau (Toronto, CANADA).
Necklaces:
Teal/Mint Bubble Necklace: Apartment 9 (Kohl's) (New).
Dark Red Necklace w/ Large Plastic & Silk Beads in a Wide, Black Metallic Chain: The Limited.
Ombre Blue & Purple, Glass-looking Necklace w/ Oval Beads: Avon.
Scarves:
Blue/Purple/Yellow Plaid, Square, Fringe Scarf: La Chateau (Toronto, CANADA).
Light, Long & Skinny, Silky White Scarf w/ Silver Sequins: Old Navy.
Animal Print Red/Back/Pink/White, Silk Chiffon Scarf: Casual Corner (Vintage from 1999).

And here is how Heather styled a Statement Necklace & a Scarf from her Collection.
Heather had the same idea as me styling the same White Tee with a Statement Necklace first and then with a Scarf. I love this Necklace with the Bold Magenta Stones. It dresses up the Pencil Skirt more, while the Tee & Neutral Flats are more Casual.
While Heather's 2nd Look is more Casual, Hip yet Girly combining her Baby Pink Skinnies with Tough Girl, Black Booties. I love the Neutral Infinity Scarf with this.


P.S. I am linking today with the Lindsey, Melaina, Savannah, Kelly and Agie and Jacqueline.
wiww banner
what i wore wednesday
Rolled Up Pretty
Kiwi Womens Style Wardrobe Wednesday
Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up


Stop by next Wednesday to see what Heather & I are styling next?






Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I do too. I own A TON of them. Different styles, shapes, materials, etc.

      Delete
  2. I agree, statement necklaces and scarves can totally make an outfit! I'm sticking with the necklaces for now, since it's still a little too warm for scarves (in my opinion). I really love the colors in your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both add something extra to an outfit. Scarves are used for layering also. =)

      Delete
  3. I agree, statement necklaces and scarves can totally make an outfit! I'm sticking with the necklaces for now, since it's still a little too warm for scarves (in my opinion). I really love the colors in your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I don't know if you knew but your comments still post double, at least on my blog.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this scarf! What a fun and unique color pattern/combo. I know you love dressing up like I do, but I like seeing your casual looks too. Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore this Scarf. It is currently my most favorite one I own. I even use it as a blanket in the car for Vivian with the air cranked up. =) Double duty! LOL

      Delete
  5. Love that scarf and those shoes. The pops of neon are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sparkly necklace and I adore the touch of neon on the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Sparkly Necklaces. The Neon Scarf is so Pretty, too. Thanks Lisa Ms. Fabulous!!

      Delete
  7. I love accessories, the way they can change an outfit, without having to spend too much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post Ada. I totally agree about having great scarves and statement necklaces. They totally dress up an outfit. Thank you for linking up today. See you next Thursday.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW SO cute pics in here:) your blog Is fab and Im now followoing.

    Check out my blog...Swedish dream house inspiration:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. Thanks for the comment & your love. I saw your blog but don't understand the language.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts