Fashion Fall Colors Challenge 2012: GRAY!!

Good Morning to you on this warm, sunny Sunday from Tirana, Albania. =) I am "stuck" at work yet another Saturday, pulling a 12-hour day nevertheless (really it's 14+ hours, since it takes me over two hours to get to and from work). I am posting today the Last Day of the Fall Colors Challenge 2012 I participated in, this week.

Like many of you, I own a ton of Gray. And to tell you the truth, I found this the easiest day of the Challenge (Gray was saved for last, for this reason, perhaps?!), out of all 5 of them. This is also the most neutral, basic color out of all the 5 that were choosen: Teal, Wine, Pumpkin, Mustard & Gray. You all know by now my love of sweater dresses. This elbow-sleeve, cowl-neck sweater dress was picked up on a whim, last Winter on a Sweater Dress shopping spree at a store in Albania. It was a size Medium and at least a size too big for me. But I loved the cable-knit design, the button cuff detail on the sleeves and the color, plus the price was 19 bucks so I figured I would make it work. I only wore it once or twice last Winter season, both times belted if I remember correctly. This time around I am pregnant so this dress and the fact that it was large on me originally, worked on my round tummy. =) The look was kept monochromatic with darker-gray tights, and even a gray fleece jacket (for outside). The little bow hairclips are between a gray & a pewter. And my only hint of makeup was a pretty & bright pink lipstick. Pink is one of the colors best suited to pair Gray with. Do you like the results? How did you find this challenge? What color/day did you have the hardest time with? Below I will also post a round-up of my outfits featuring each color and I will tell you which one was my favorite and why. =)

Gray, Short-Sleeve, Cable-Knit, Sweater Dress: Line 1900 (this is basically a line of stores in Tirana, where everything equals 19$.)
Gray, Zippered, Fleece Jacket: Aeropostale.
Silver, Flower-Stud Earrings w/ Little Pearls in the Middle: Parfois.
Patent Leather, Pewter, Bow-Shaped Hair Clips: Express.
Dark Gray, Soft Knit, Sweater Tights: Golden Point.
Black, Suede Leather, Light Loafers, Featuring a Buckle Detail: St. John's Bay (JC Penney).
 
 
 
 
This was Round 5 of the Challenge for this week: Friday, November 16th. As you can tell out of all these colors today the color was GRAY.
 

 
 
So, I found this challenge more challenging than the one I did back in June. Back then I was just a few weeks pregnant, so ALL my clothes fit. Plus I have Summer Clothes in all colors. This time around I was 7 months pregnant and while doing the challenge and following the colors each day of the week, I also had to accomodate my curves and my growing, round belly. If I were to pick a favorite outfit, I would say the one from Tuesday featuring the color WINE. I love the simplicity of the outfit and how I made two different shades of wine work together. Also, adding another strong color - Baby Pink - made the outfit stand out even more. I also liked the subtle mix of Plaid which featured more burgundy. A very close, second favorite would be this outfit here, wearing GRAY. I like how monochromatic yet not-boring, girly & elegant this outfit is.
 
Here is a Colage of all the Looks from this week. Wishing you All a Fabulous Fall Weekend!!
 

Comments

  1. Hooray for grey! It was my favorite day, but this week has been all sorts of fun. Thanks for joining us this week, Ada. It's always awesome to see how people use the challenge themes to work with their own closets and make them work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. Glad to join you. I am guessing you girls will have another one on Spring so I will join you then, too. =) Hooray for Gray indeed!!

      Delete
  2. My favorite outfit was your pumpkin. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin was cute too. I agree. My favorite photos are from Pumpkin Day. =)

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of gray - it's so versatile and looks great on you! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge fan of Gray, too. Thanks for visiting Mary Ann.

      Delete
  4. Loving all these especially the all grey look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts