Earth, Fall and Rain.

I feel like when all else fails, most of us - if not all of us - talk about the weather. In this cleverly-titled post my "Earth" &"Fall" refer to the outfit while "Rain" refers to the actual weather. I know I know, I am SMART!! LOL From the moment I woke up today (and it was rough waking up, let me tell you) up until now that it is 4.00 PM, it has been raining non-stop. I have a small ceiling window in my office so I can definitely hear the drops and splashes. Now, the morning buss' schedules are heavy and super busy as it is, add rain on top of that and you got more people-filled busses and awful traffic, plus lots of muddy-stained shoes, boots, tights, pants, leggings or whatever else you are wearing on your feet and legs.

I am doing Fall-themed outfits this entire week, on top of the 5 posts I got for the Fall Colors Challenge. So, I figured the rest of the posts should showcase Fall Colors, Fall Layers, Cozy Outfits, Scarves, Boots and such. I think Earth & Fall are exactly what I would describe this Sweater Dress (one of my favorites in my not-so-small collection of sweater dresses) and gorgeous gifted Scarf I am wearing today. The dress' colors are definitely earthy - the light Olive Green with a Gray undertone to it. I love the Charcoal Lace Palette going down each sleeve and the cozy, cowl-neck neckline. The dress has plenty of room for my belly. The scarf was to add interest but I also wore it instead of a coat or blazer to serve me as a wrap (it is Pashmina after all) for when outside. I wore this outfit on a weekend double date with another couple. My new set of metallic bracelets match the colors of the outfit perfectly. I kept things simple with slouchy, mid-calf brown boots and soft wool, knit tights, the two of them together look seamless. What do you think of this outfit? Is it Fall-inspired? Is it cozy yet dressy enough for a fancy restaurant lunch date?


Light Olive-Green Sweater Dress, with 3/4-Sleeves & Lace Palettes on the Sleeves: Ann Taylor LOFT.
Burnt Orange, Gold & Brown, Paisly Print, Indian Pashmina Shawl w/ Fringe: Gifted to Me from a Friend.
Braided, Gold, Bronze, Silver & Pewter Bracelets: Parfois (New).
Dark Brown, Soft Knit, Sweater Tights: Golden Point.
Brown, Soft Leather, Slouchy Boots: Diba.
 
 
 
P.S. I am linking this up today (for the first time) with Long Distance Loving for her "My Friday's Fancies". We had to choose an outfit that was inspired by a Fall Treat. And my outfit today is not only Fall-Forward and definitely Earthy, it is also inspired by Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate.
 
 


Comments

  1. What a pretty scarf! You can never go wrong with a pretty scarf, dress, tights and boots. Love your look today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The scarf is beautiful & I love this look, as well. =)

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit! I would so wear this--pregnant or not. The scarf is the perfect finishing touch. :) You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, this is not a pregnancy/maternity dress and this look actually would work either way, whether you are expecting or not. Thanks a lot, Dossome. =)

      Delete
  3. You look so beautiful in the luxurious gray top and luminous pashima scarf, Ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Lynne. This is one of my most favorite outfits of this month. =)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous gorgeous scarf! I think it looks amazing with the grey dress, which looks super soft and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is soft & comfy. The gorgeous scarf makes it that much better.

      Delete
  5. I think you look mighty nice Ada... i like this dress on you and think you have done a great job adding color with that pretty scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts