Friend Friday: Labels.

Friend Friday: Labels

1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?
My Blog is mainly focused on my daily style and other fashion-related things. I for example have some Wishful Shopping posts. I talk about deals and steals from some of my favorite stores and brands. At the same time though, when I post about an OOTD, I also talk a little bit about my day or about my life at the time. Some of my posts are about my love (my husband), usually about our dates, what we did, where we went, what I wore, etc. And yes most of my outfits are usually work outfits, I also post about fun outfits, going-out outfits, date outfits and special occasions. So, if I could call it a category I guess I am a Fashion Blogger. I would love to expand it more though talking about my other skills. Maybe I will write a poetry or prose now and then (I love to write) or maybe I will post a recipe I may have tried, etc, etc.


2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger?
I don't know so much about labeling myself but as I answered at question one, I am a Fashion Blogger.


3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being?
Yes and No. Most of the blogs I read are Fashion or Style-related. However, I try to read blogs, whose authors I connect with or feel like I have something in common with, be it style-wise, personality-wise, the way they shop, what they do, their age, etc. etc. Most of the Blogs I follow do have to do with fashion. However a lot of the stylish ladies I follow also post tips on hair, makeup, health, exercise, diet, shopping, thrifting, arts and crafts, DIY, food, recipes and all of these combined with the cute Outfit Posts make it a perfect blog for me, to read and enjoy. =)

4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?
I think if you need a label to define yourself is fine. But even without a label is also OK. The labels can be beneficial because I think it's easier to separate yourself into one type of category rather than another. The most important thing while blogging though, is being yourself and being true to yourself. I find posts where the blogger writes a little bit about their life and their story much more interesting than when she simply posts what she wore that day. I would like to relate to the blogger, as the reader. And I hope I do the same for my readers. I post outfits daily, yet always share a part of my life, with them. =) It's the perfect combination, I think.


5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels.
In theory, a label for a person is not good. And I don't mean just labels related to blogs or fashions. Labeling someone as "gay", "black", "rich", "poor", "white-collar" or other things like these, is really bad, for example. I do think every person on this Earth has good attributes and strong characteristics to offer to the world. But at the same time, everyone is flawed and that's OK. That is why I think we DO NOT NEED labels. We should let our spirit shine through and our personalities do the talking!!

Comments

Popular Posts