Friend Friday: Oddities.

Friend Friday: Oddities


1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
Yes and no. My style is my style. Blogging has made me appreciate my style and my clothes more and at times it made me want to shop more. But at the same times it has opened up my eyes and it has kept those eyes open to my closet, especially. I have and own so many things and blogging makes me want to mix and match my closet, much more. I haven't really done much shopping this year but if I were to go on a shopping spree there are certain items I would gravitate towards, since I have seen them on so many bloggers and remixed hundred different ways. These items are pieces such as: a chambray shirt; a denim blazer; T-shirt dresses; nautical pieces especially tops, dresses and shorts; espadrilles; boat shoes; cute tennis shoes like Keds or Toms; tops/skirts/dresses with animals printed in them such as giraffes, elephants, birds; and maxi-dresses. I guess all the items I mentioned, are more on the casual side. No wonder shopping would make me lean towards these items since I don't own many of them and since my closet is mostly made up of dressier, more elegant, more girly, more sophisticated or I guess I can even say "work" pieces.

2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
Yes, most of the time, I would say so. How do I dress differently you would ask?! It is not that I shop at never-heard-before stores or boutiques or thrift. Quite the contrary I am very much a mall shopper and many popular American Brand names are what I wear daily such as: Express, Loft, Gap, Old Navy & the Limited. But I guess it's the way I put clothes together, my love for fashion in general and love for fun custom jewelry in particular is what makes me stand out, in a good way I hope. I think of my style as simple but noticeable. I am a classic, elegant dresser but with a twist. For example today I am wearing a pencil skirt and a top, however my pencil skirt is in a metallic jacquard print and my top has an awesome origami-neckline. Whether one or the other part of my outfit today, will get noticed. I like to think people like what I wear since I get compliments all the time. At the same time, when I even know I haven't put together a great ensemble, people notice and some may comment, nothing really that negative, just more constructive criticism. 
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?
I don't think I have a weird or odd style. There are actually some styles I consider weird which (some of them I have tried) look horrible on me, but look incredible on many people I have seen them. For example M.C. Hammer pants, or those pants that are really wide and loose on the butt but straighter on the legs - it looks like you have a diaper on, or really wide and loose jumpsuits/rompers. I like and love all kinds of rompers and jumpers, but I gravitate more towards the ones that are a little bit more fitted. I find them more tasteful. However M.C. Hammer pants, loose-butt pants (that's what I am naming them LOL) or cropped tops that show the belly button - that some people may look great in - I don't care for at all. 
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?
I would like to try more pattern-mixing. Floral & stripes. Stripes & plaid. Floral & plaid. Paisley and polka dots. Polka Dots & stripes. Why not!! 

5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?
Ohhh there are so many  like the Famous Kendi, Fun & Inspiring J, Cute & Petite Bonnie, Casual & Colorful Keely, Sophisticated and Chic Lorena, Bold & Unique Megan, etc, etc. There are also a few people I know in real life (who do not blog) whose styles I adore. They are daring, bold, stylish and unique.

P.S. I hadn't done Friend Friday in a while so I said why not! ;-)




Comments

  1. Awww thanks for the shout-out. I agree with many of your answers. Nice getting to know you better. I also answered these questions today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are welcome. You have a very unique style that only YOU could pull off. You are YOU - Megan and I love your style. =) I answered these questions truthfully and the way I dress exactly.

      I am glad you answered these same questions. I will come check them out.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! It's sweet. I love your pattern mixing ideas. I've tried most and love how much fun it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Keely. Your blog is fascinating and you can put together some very fun & creative casual chic combos. =)

      I have to try more pattern-mixing myself. It's not that I am afraid I just haven't brought many printed items with me when I made my move from USA to Europe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts