Thursday Moda #193: Mini Try-On Session at Gap.

For the first time ever I am sharing a try-on session both here on my blog as well as on my Instagram where I collaborated with another chic Instagram mom - Karen. We both decided to show/browse/shop at a store you don't see a lot on stories and that is Gap. Though I had shopped for Vivian at Gap in the last couple of years, for myself it has been at least 2 years or more since I haven't bought anything from there. But yesterday Karen and I decided to go to Gap and to both of our surprise they were continuing their Cyber Monday Sales where everything was 50% OFF plus there were a lot of Doorbuster Prices such as Beautiful Cozy Oversized Scarves for 15 bucks and Warm Colorful Beanies for 10 bucks. If you shopped there, yesterday was also the last day for this sale and the last day they were handing out Gap cash. Lucky for me, I also had a gift card and I ended up getting 2 things for me and 2 for Vivian. In this post I am sharing my 3 favorite items I tried on at Gap, stay tuned to my stories on my Insta today to see everything I tried on.

You can totally tell I am a newbie at these try-ons because my videos could have been focused much better and my photos are a little grainy. Also, I must say though I chose the largest fitting room, there was not a lot of light there. Anyhow, I want to share what I am wearing above by starting with the best leggings I have ever tried on and worn and they are the Gap Fit Sculpt Revolution Leggings in black but I would describe the color more like charcoal. Regularly-priced these cost around 80 bucks but half off is a great deal for a great pair of leggings which fit me to perfection and they do exactly what they are supposed to do - sculpt your body. I always size up in leggings, especially workout leggings and got these in a 7/8. I ended up purchasing them. Gap had a lot of cute flannel and plaid shirts out and I loved this one because it had so many colors: purple, red, blue, fuchsia, green, which means it will go with a lot. The material is light but not too light and it was a true flannel. Looks so cute with leggings too. Loved this shirt but I own a ton of plaid tops already.

My third favorite item was this cozy Turtleneck Colorblocked Pastel Sweater. Gap has a lot of pretty Winter Pastels right now and this sweater and another one caught my eye. The turtleneck on this is oversized, almost like a cowl-neck. The pastel colors are gray, lilac, peach, mellow yellow and aqua. It only had 3% wool, not itchy at all, super warm and super soft. I also loved the hi-lo hem which as you can see by trying it on with leggings, looks great with anything skinny on the bottom. I ended up trying 3 sweaters and this was by far my favorite, but I did not purchase it. I must say though Gap has a lot of great sweaters out now. I hope you enjoyed my little try-on session at Gap today, this was the mini version, stay tuned for all of it via my instagram stories today. Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for joining my linkup below.


Due to Thanksgiving and most importantly because of the horrific and very tragic earthquake that happened in Albania last week, there was no Thursday Moda. But two weeks ago there was indeed a Thursday Moda and I want to thank all 70 of you who linked up and all the chicness you brought. I noticed beautiful outerwear and cozy textured sweaters, mostly and as much as we love dark denim, light-colored jeans look very stylish for busy moms. Let's take a peak, below.

How cute is Rachael in her blush pink teddy coat and matching pom beanie! In this style post, the warm+put together stay-at-home mom Rachel also shared 'Cozy Gifts for Her' like the pretty outerwear she indeed wore.
Nancy is 'Wearing Monochrome Blue and Feeling a Bit Blue', but you know what -- I think any shade of blue is a happy color, just like her cobalt pleated skirt and that pretty periwinkle cable-knit sweater.
Another chic mama who stays home, another chic everyday look in denim. Ruth is in an 'Oversized Space Dyed Cardi' styled in a cool way with her distressed denim and dotted socks peaking from the open-toed booties.
I am a huge fan of black and camel together and Nora is too. In this post she remixed two outfits by wearing 'Animal Print and Faux Fur' from her own designed collection. Love that topper, it would make any outfit instantly elegant!
Then we have Di looking Di-namite in cream, red and cheetah with a dose of black. Her 'Autumn Outerwear' is vibrant and elegant on its own but gets even more so by pairing it with super classy black+nude pumps.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Image Map


Comments

  1. I think your mini try-on session looks great. Loving that pastel striped sweater!
    Thanks for hosting the link up!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun try on! I have tried taking pictures in dressing room and I find it hard to get good ones!! Those leggings look great on you!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought those leggings this week! And I love them! And they feel good don't they! Hope to see you took joepie on my Fancy Friday link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ada for featuring my look! Looks like you have a head start on you holiday shopping, lots of cute items here.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada, I'm glad you found some great bargains at Gap, and I like this try-on post! Also, thank you for featuring me on your favorites, this week. Have I great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed with your try-on photos! For the reason you share, I haven't figured out how to do one of those! Those leggings look almost like a faux leather and look fab on you!! Thanks for sharing.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over the summer I got me a few pieces for the Gap. I love there sock.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those tops look so cozy and warm! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day! Both tops are pretty. I particularly like the sweater. Great post!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com/~bijoube2

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so cute, especially the last one. Have a fabulous day dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked great stuff. I'll have to check those leggings out, they almost looked like faux leather. I love that cozy tunic, perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ada, you are too cute! I have never posted a dressing room try on session before because I still can’t figure out how to take the mirror selfies! LOL. Love the pieces you have shared. I just shopped at Old Navy for the first time in about a year and found some really cute pieces, too. Thanks for linking up, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never done a dressing room thing either. It looks fun! Love the plaid shirt on you, great colors! I havent been in the Gap in ages!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts