Thursday Moda #171: Zippered in Blue.

Isn't Cobalt Blue or Royal Blue a statement-making color?! I think it is. Plus it looks great on all women despite body type, height or hair color. And I am convinced everyone should own a pretty blue dress like mine, in a bright blue, cobalt, electric blue or royal blue. I just happen to love this Fit+Flare Blue Dress by H+M. The zipper detail in the front sure makes it fun, unique and flirty.

ZIPPERED  IN  BLUE.
The possibilities of styling this "Zippered in Blue" Dress are endless too. You can style it with nude or tan accessories, like I did today, for a chic, monochromatic look. Keeping with the blue theme I chose Aqua Blue Stone Gold-Tone Dangly Earrings and a Silver Necklace with a Statement Turquoise Stone as one of the charms. I added a couple of Fun Rings and two Pastel Lucite Bracelets (one pink striped and one yellow striped). The White-Framed Rayban Sunglasses added another shot of color. I also like how the Nude, Suede Peep-Toe Ghilly Heeled Sandals dress it up yet the Fun Oversized Straw Round Tote keeps it daytime-ready and casual. But, I can totally picture this dress with some red or pink sandals/flats and some fun bright yellow earrings. You could do a nude or black blazer on top with matching shoes and wear it to work. It is more versatile than you think. The material is a super light silky one so it can be worn to date night or even a wedding, too. I have had this dress for years and I wear it at least 2-3 times every Spring or Summer. My question to you ladies is: Do you own a Bright Blue Dress?! They are perfect for Summer, no?!



Last week - where I styled another piece of cobalt blue clothing - it was all about florals: from dresses, maxis, skirts, pants, rompers+jumpsuits, flower power was in! My favorites too feature so many pretty floral dresses, but not only. I love that a couple of these looks can work for date night. And look - blue is the color of choice for several ladies. Check out last week's favorite outfits, below.

Last week's featured blogger is the lovely librarian DANEEL from Living Outside the Stacks who linked two fantastic Spring Floral Outfits. I see a little theme with her mustard color too - a color worn in all of the three posts she linked up. From that wide-legged jumpsuit perfectly pattern-mixed with leopard flats and paired chicly with a classic black cardigan and a fun butterfly necklace, to her 50s style dress from her monthly "Style Imitating Art" series, the very witty and well-read Daneel nailed both outfits. I like how classy, classic and polished these looks are. Plus, I love seeing a signature style  on someone, because both outfits feature bold flowers, fun colors, are belted to define the waist and are layered with cardigans. Since Daneel is a librarian, these two looks are very suitable for her work environment. And I must say that shades of teal and mustard look fabulous with her golden skin. But I do not only enjoy her style, her posts are very well-written too, plus she is kind and quite intelligent.

Nicole wore 'Environment-Friendly Fashion'. This beautiful floral fit+flare dress shows off her fabulous figure and her tiny waist; love it!
Speaking of a waist, you can use a belt to show it off, like Nora did. 'It Is the Perfect Time of the Year' to layer a dress with a cardigan and a belt because it is still cool in the mornings and evenings. Not only do I love her dress but her fantastic styling with her own-designed oversized cardigan.
I am always a huge fan of pairing a red dress with bold turquoise jewelry. Love Shauna's one-shoulder red maxi, perfect for 'Date Night' as she said.
Nailing neutral, always-classic and polished French style, Christine created a suit wearing shorts. Her 'Chic Stripes' are perfect for the French Riviera on a Summer day.
Laura is blue-hot in her midnight tulle overlay dress with stunning floral embroidery. 'Those Summer Nights' are meant for mesh pieces, beautiful embroidery and statement earrings. Love that she accessorized with a cobalt clutch, too.
I have always loved Shannon's take on edgy everyday wear. This new mommy is super hot in 'Black and Denim' mixing rocker combat boots with a girly button-front little top.











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter






Comments

  1. I love the zipper detail on your dress! Cobalt blue is such a pretty color on you! I'm wearing a similar color on the blog today too! Thank you for the linkup Ada!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, I love this color and dress on you!! So, so pretty. Also love your makeup. Looking so pretty Ada. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue looks great on you!!!! Wow! I can see why you keep it in your closet. I also love the straw bag you paired up with it and the strappy sandals, they are perfect for this time of year. I can also see this dress transitioning really well into fall. Nailed it!

    bosbodacioublog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue is a gorgeous shade on you and I love the zipper detail!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada, that dress looks amazing on you—I think blue is your new go-to color! H&M has been killing it lately!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, great dress! Perfect color for you. Cute shoes. And your makeup is on point, my friend. So beautiful!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada, That blue dress looks amazing on you. I hope your week has been going good. My week has been crazy.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is gorgeous! I love that color on you! I hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for including my look as one of the favorites from last week Ada! Love this royal blue color on you and that bag is fab!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heart! Ada, what a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much for the feature and the oh-so kind and generous words. I'm sending you all kinds of love.

    I love love love that dress on you. Electric blue is such a fabulous color -- so very happy. And you know I'm stuck on those shoes. They're fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ada, that vibrant blue is gorgeous on you and you've styled it just right for a summer look! Love it.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cobalt blue is such a fantastic color on you! You should wear it more often :)

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue color really suits you. The dress is very pretty. I really like. Very nice suggestions. Summer is coming soon, so this is the perfect solution for a warm summer.
    CTNBEE | https://ctnbee.com/en/digital-fabric-printing-online

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress looks super on you, nice and bright you look amazing. Thanks for adding to the #linkup Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts