Thursday Moda #170: Shoulder Game.

If you have been reading my blog the last couple of posts, you know that I have been dealing with a lot of things at home: broken things, endless phone calls to fix things and computer issues among others. I am not a computer genius but I did a diagnosis and reset of my lap-top and now it is working a lot better. Hallelujah! I am finally able to work quicker so before it breaks again lol, I edited today's photos and put together this Thursday Moda post for you. So here it goes!

SHOULDER  GAME.
Now that the temperatures have warmed up a lot - 60s and 70s here and actually today it was as high as 80 degrees - you can totally play up your shoulders. Put your shoulder game into motion and wear those pretty tops and blouses that are off-the-shoulders, feature ruffles around the neckline, one shoulder or big statement sleeves like a high-up shoulder or an origami shoulder/sleeve. Shop your closet for such tops or if you don't own one, purchase a couple of new pretty tops that will showcase your shoulders. I did just that recently wearing this Pretty + Feminine Pastel Floral Blouse with Frilly Cap Sleeves (the blouse is from Loft). I decided to wear the blouse with its neckline normally, but it can be worn off the shoulders too. That way it elongates the neck and you could do a pretty necklace with it or apply some shimmery body powder. I paired my pretty blouse with my Cobalt Blue-ish Purple Harper Pants by Old Navy, my favorite Nude Ballet Flats (these are nude patent leather ones with skinny bows, by Banana Republic) and wore a Colorful Multi-Stranded Stretchy Bracelet in one hand and a Gold Pave+Pearl Bracelet on the other. Now, the thing I am not sure of is these giant Lavender Sunglasses I purchased off a friend of mine who owns a local boutique. I am all about supporting friends, local boutiques and small businesses. The glasses are fun and unique but I don't think the frames suit my face. They are too bold for me, I think. My mom hated them on me on this day (when I wore them with this outfit; I actually haven't worn them since). But the color of the glass is so pretty against the sun-rays and of course I love the pastel lavender of the frames. Plus these sunglasses certainly match these Flower Tassel Lavender Statement Earrings (on clearance by Target) to perfection. Overall, I do like this colorful and bright outfit. It is girly, put-together, colorful and very me. What do you think of this look and what do you think of the sunglasses on me?! Be honest - honesty is best!




I failed Thursday Moda last week therefore the linkup was light. But I did like some outfits featuring pretty skirts and dresses. Let's look below.

Amy rocked 'Flowers, Stripes and Camo'. Love the feminine and elegant way she wore a cropped peach cardigan over a beautiful rose-print maxi.
My friend Lorena always looks polished and loves black+white (or in this case cream) looks. I used  to own a couple of these Bubble Necklaces and I want to find one again and purchase it. She is in a beautiful 'Bubble Bust' with that colorful aqua necklace.
Speaking of colorful, look at those Americana stripes on Lisa's Aventura dress looking cute+comfy with nude Millers. I am a huge fan of a 'Swing Dress', even better if it has pockets.
Last but not least I love the combination of chocolate, camel and baby blue on Ruth's outfit. Those 'Abeo Mules' are the perfect color pop in this elegant+modern outfit of Ruth's.









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter







Comments

  1. I am loving those bright blue trousers, Ada!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. such bright and fun colours. Looks like we finally have spring/summer here, so the colours will be plentiful. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how fun to scroll down and see myself featured. Thank you Ada!!! I love the print of your blouse. So sweet and feminine and of course who doesn't love a good ruffle. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ada,
    I love the top and especially because you can wear it on or off the shoulder! Pretty wit the pants. I have been loving loft too lately!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love everything about this outfit. Those sunny are super cute. Also thank you so much for featuring me this week. I got so many compliments on that dress. When I wore it to work.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, that is the cutest outfit on you! It definitely is time to show our shoulders! I have those pants, too, so will try something like your look. Sorry about computer issues--they are the WORST--and glad you've found a fix.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is so cute on you! Love the print and colors! Your sunnies are so fun!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sunglasses are so FUN! I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your top!

    Mariya | https://www.brunetteondemand.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ada, I'm loving all of that purple {my favorite color}. And that top - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with your earrings Ada. Very beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these colors on you, Ada! And those sunglasses are definitely a statement! I couldn’t pull them off, but you certainly can!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a chic color combo you have here dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colours works so well together - a nice look Ada. Jacqui Mummabstylish
    #linkup was fun with you adding to it. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts