The Sunday Showcase 1 Year Anniversary - A Pretty Floral Dress into Spring.

WOW Guys I cannot believe it is March! One sixth of the year has gone by. I posted very little in February. I have been super busy, what can I say! I hope I get my shit together and am able to put together 20-21 posts this month and every month. That is my goal at least. Last March I started "The Sunday Showcase" a monthly collaboration and linkup with my dear friends CHRISSY from Granola and Grace and KELLYANN from This Blonde's Shopping Bag. Our dear, gem-to-the-blogging-world friend  SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge has joined The Sunday Showcase twice before, so since it is March 2019th and we came up on our one-year anniversary, I decided to ask her to join us again. After all who doesn't love Shelbee?! Today also happens to be "Make Someone Happy" National Day and I must say all of these ladies make me so happy. Not only have they made my blogging journey easier, better, more pleasant and more joyful, I have talked to all three of them many times about other things other than blogging: mom life, my divorce - a topic I have not touched in this blog so far but plan to do so soon, my job, everyday life, personal stuff, etc. etc. If any of you - my readers - don't know these ladies, I suggest you get to know them, so please stop by their blogs today because not only are these women amazingly stylish but also incredibly sweet, funny, realistic, down-to-earth. They simply make another woman happy!! They are the tribe other women would be lucky to have in their communities and their lives. Plus, their posts today are all very interesting and informative. You will see a lot of great outfits in each of Chrissy's and Kellyann's Sunday Showcase posts too and some tips on how they shop and when they shop! While Shelbee is killing it always in the best layered Winter looks, complete with beautiful snow in her background - it is very cold where she lives!

THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE,  ONE  YEAR  ANNIVERSARY.

I haven't worn or posted dresses in a long, long time. I need to change that. I have worn some of my thicker, heavier Wintery skirts and also lots pf pants and jeans but not dresses. However, I plan on wearing more all this month. I did wear this beautiful Ruffled Paisley Floral Dress with Long Sleeves (by Loft) a few weeks ago though, for work and going out afterwards. And no, those are not bare legs in February you all. I have on thin nude pantyhose - "my trick" for cold Winter days (not super cold ones though, like 40 or above). I think this pretty dress is perfect to blog on this very special Showcase Sunday since it is our one-year anniversary and I am also dressing the part. This pretty floral dress is fun, girly, colorful, feminine, festive and totally me. I love these long-sleeve chiffon dresses by Loft. They are pretty and versatile. They are chic and feminine yet a little sexy and show off the right curves. I have several of them. I have had this at least since last Spring. I paired it Nude Perforated Booties by Target, my Bright Orange Saddlebag Crossbody, also by Target and Gorgeous Matching Bright Orange Statement Earrings by J. Crew. I decided for clean and crisp makeup with mascara, simple eyeliner and a bright fuchsia lip - The "Greta" Audacious by Nars - I have three of these Audacious Nars lipsticks and they are the best! This floral dress is also very much Spring Forward, especially with the bright accessories and nude shoes I chose to pair it with. What do you think?! Are you wearing any pretty floral dresses this Winter?! How will you transition them into Spring?!


In her post today, Chrissy talks about shopping her closet. Her entire post features about a dozen adorable outfits and pieces she has remixed. The one above is one of my favorite looks from the post with the floral long kimono and open-toe nude booties (similar to my own, today).


Shelbee, our lovely guest host has on a Wintery Casual-Chic look today, but about a week ago, she shared this outfit inspired by me truly. She did her own version of my "Red Dots Romance" and she nailed it. I might even like it better than my own. She put her own spin to it with the Black+White Blanket Scarf and Matching Newsboy Cap.

#leopard sweater
My other beautiful co-host Kellyann shared her recent buys from Loft with both hits and misses. I ended up loving this polished, put-together pants' outfit mixing black, leopard and hot pink.



Things that make me happy:

- My Daughter.
- Spring Dresses into Winter.
- Warmish Winter Days.
- Being Told I am Beautiful.
- Bright Colors.
- Ruffles.
- Loft and Target (I love their clothes and their sales).
- Open-Toed Booties for the Wintertime.
- Statement Earrings.
- Bright Lipstick.
- Good Hair Days.
- Difficult Questions my daughter asks me.
- Making it on my own as a single but happy mom.
- Looking at the glass as half-full.












Inlinkz Link Party




Image Map


Comments

  1. Ada, my friend, you are too kind! This is yet another reason why I adore you and this community! Thanks for inviting me to guest host again. It is always an honor and a pleasure! I am loving your pretty floral dress. So ready for spring. The colors and print are so pretty! Love you to pieces.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so cute, Ada! I am so happy that you liked my Red Dot Romance interpretation! Such fun!

      Shelbee
      www.shelbeeontheedge.com

      Delete
  2. Cute floral dress, I like the darker colours in the print, so nice for colder weather :)

    Thank you for the link up!


    Hope that you have been having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exactly the kind of dresses that bring spring to the forefront. Love, love, love it.
    And you do look at the glass half full...I appreciate that!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to this link up. Loving that lip color on you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada, I'm also a fancier of floral dresses and yours is very pretty. It'll be a perfect transition piece from winter to spring. Your list of the things that make you happy was wonderful to read.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lipstick Ada - a bright lip is always my favorite! Your dress is so pretty too and looks great on you, perfect for this time of year!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Ada! I love the colors in your dress and the style is so feminine. Lovel on you!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty dress Ada! And I love the extra pops of colour from your bag and earrings! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful dress, Ada. Love how you styled it with the red bag :) I am late for your party this week but with join you on Thursday. Thanks for inviting me over.

    Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts