Thursday Moda #138: Target's Glen Plaid Blazers (and Cozy Scarves) for Work.

Good Morning Bloggers! The Glen Plaid is EVERYWHERE this Fall 2018. Especially so in blazers. But I have also seen it in pants, skirts (creating suits), sheaths, pumps, handbags and more. It is in my opinion the most preppy and the most classy of all plaids, especially since it is in black+white. I would describe The Glen Plaid as a very small Houndstooth Pattern inside Squares which with other Small Squares create an overall mosaic plaid pattern. So, I bought myself a Glen Plaid Blazer from Target nevertheless (I know you are shocked!!). Lucky for me I got it on a little promo sale too so I saved a few bucks. But this A New Day Plaid Blazer (on sale now, also) is worth every penny of the full-price, trust me. It is very well-made, well-tailored and fully-lined on the inside. A great jacket for a small price!

It is very fitting that my co-host today is the always stylish and modern KRISTIN from Countdown to Friday for a few reasons. First of all, Kristin owns the same amazing Target Blazer (we are both wearing the size 2, by the way). As a matter of fact I first saw this blazer of Kristin's on her (on Instagram) where she styled it fabulously. I wanted to make it mine so I ordered it right away. And Kristin's first time styling it, also inspired my look today. Also, Kristin "had to be my co-host" because I wore this outfit the next day (to work) after I picked up the blazer after ordering it. As a matter of fact I let her guess what I was wearing my new loafers with. She had 3 guesses but didn't guess right. Then I showed her: THE BLAZER! She loved my look. I also happened to love her look on today's post because she did an excellent job styling hers too. Coincidentally we both wore cozy scarves too. And I think both of our outfits today are proper for work, especially for a business casual environment. Knowing Kristin's job, I know her outfit would be great at her workplace.


TARGET'S  GLEN  PLAID  BLAZER.
The beautiful mums are dying so I wanted to take some pictures by them (outfit is from two weeks ago on Friday October 12, FYI). So I shot a lot of detail/accessories by the mums, such as my ring, my bracelet and my New Super Gorgeous Faux Suede Taupish-Grey Loafers by Express.
If you too want a Glen Plaid Blazer, for an affordable price you can buy mine at Target. I have already worn mine twice in 2 weeks and I plan on wearing it again next week. Kristin adores hers too. Forever 21 has a beautiful Gle Plaid option under $40 right now too. You can find one at Ann Taylor, Macy's or Nordstrom too. I love mine and I'd say I sized down to a 2, per Kristin's recommendations too - I think it is the right size on me. For work I wanted to achieve a classic, modern, street-chic, comfortable and warm look (cause it was only about 40 degrees + windy) so I tucked in my thin Mauve Tencel Popover Blouse from Nordstrom with the Matching Wool Mauve Colorblocked Blanket Scarf also by Nordstrom. For pants I chose Cropped Black Jacquard Pants by White House Black Market. I love their pattern and the design which is like a houndstooth. Also, I added a Soft Leather Wide Belt on top of the pants. I love the Fun Origami Flower on this belt. I have had it for years, it is by Gap. Definitely makes my waist look smaller. Finally, my Chain-Embellished Faux Suede Greyish-Taupe Loafers by Express were the perfect shoe. Between the blazer, blouse, scarf, pants, belt and shoes I got 3 patterns and 6 textures going, but all you can see is mostly grey and mauve so it all works. Actually, the outfit is quite monocromatic, complete with my Mauve Lipstick and Mauve+Wine Ombre Sunglasses by Ann Taylor. My Square Pave Stud Earrings, my Enamel Bangle and the Pear-Shaped Pastel Ring are all in different shades of Mauve/Blush Pink and I have been wearing all 3 all this month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness. What do you think of my outfit today?! Did I style Target's Glen Plaid Blazer nicely for work, for the Fall?! Do you own a Glen Plaid Blazer and if you don't - do you want to purchase one?! I think if you end up buying one, you won't regret it. It is a classic piece!

As I mentioned Kristin - who currently lives in beautiful Richmond, Virginia (but lived in Europe for the past 3 years) - has incredible, inspiring style that is very achievable and very affordable. She always puts together fantastic everyday looks. She looks great in hats, especially a beret. She does a flawless job with her hair+makeup too exactly like in today's outfit and I love her in a red lipstick and she can pull off any of them, like today's Fall lip which is like a wine red. Lately she has spoken about how she has switched to affordable cruelty-free makeup/beauty/hair brands and as I mentioned due to her travels, you will get to travel with her a bit through her posts, too. I love Kristin's Super Cozy Knit Off-White Scarf today and how it looks against not just the Glen Plaid Blazer but also her Deep Dark Blue Jeans.





Last week you loved the combo of the Bold Bright Red with the Soft Light Millennial Pink that I wore. You especially loved my Floral Pixie Pants, but also Vivian's Adorable Red Gingham Dress. I also loved that the linkup had over 100 outfits linked, which of course makes it even harder for me to pick favorites. Last week's favorites had pretty skirts and beautiful leopard-prints in the mix. Funny enough, so does this week. Plus Beautiful Rich Fall Colors, Wild Animals and Autumnal Florals. And last but not least a fun hat or two.

This week's Featured Blogger is RACHAEL from Threads of Thomas, a very stylish New England mom to two adorable twin toddler boys. I have followed Rachel for a couple of years now and have also collaborated with her in the past and let me just say I love her style. But last week she linked up the most beautiful black+white crochet top as well as a marled grey sweater poncho from Stitch Fix. Without realizing it, she showed us two ways to style black skinny jeans since she paired both of these tops with her black skinnies while choosing not one but two very stylish pairs of shoes with each outfit. This stay-at-home fashionista mama and enterpreneur (she sells SeneGence products too) always puts together the best neutral outfits. She wears a lot of black+white, greys, taupes, nudes, soft pinks and such. She has a great collection of sunglasses too and her makeup and hair always look perfect! Make sure you follow her and join her own linkup every Friday.

Maria who is always very put together, showed us 'How to Wear the Western Clothing Trend Stylishly'. I love that she double-dipped in embroidery too, since both her stunning skirt and white blouse have embroidered flowers.
Joining the black skinny jeans sort of theme today, we have the always-stylish Kim wearing hers with a 'Leopard Bell Sleeve Top' and classic black pumps. I love her mini nude satchel crossbody, too.
Linda's 'Target Gingham Skirt Suit' reminds me of my outfit today and gives me more ideas to style my new Glen plaid blazer. The cascading ruffle on the skirt is pretty but those peep-toe bootie pumps - oh my!
Di is always the best-dressed at her office. In this post she shared three fabulous outfits in 'Traditional Autumnal Colors'. That safari-print midi skirt with the bow belt is wildly gorgeous!
Welcome back to Thursday Moda Miriam! 'Feeling Like a Fall Goddess' indeed in an adorable brown/gold/black/mustard maxi dress paired with a fedora, rough booties and a cropped denim jacket.
Also, welcome again my long-time friend Lorena. She may be 'done with' her cropped-pant leopard jumpsuit but I am just getting started, because I love it, especially paired with a rust cardi.


Today's Fabulous Thursday Moda Co-Host is Kristin from Countdown to Friday
I had such a hard time selecting "just 4 favorite" recent outfits of Kristin today, because she has been nailing look after look, and not just on her blog, on her Instagram and Insta Stories, too. All the below outfits are Fall perfection and I love each pair of sunglasses and each pair of shoes. Also this girl always has the best hair+makeup, like no joke at all!
From Kristin's Mouth:
"Hi all! My name is Kristin and I am an affordable style and travel blogger at Countdown to Friday. On my blog you'll find affordable outfit inspiration for work, weekend, and everywhere in between. As a self-proclaimed responsible shopaholic, I like to showcase the latest trends and versatile pieces on a budget. And when I'm not sharing my latest #OOTDs, I'm posting about my second obsession: travel. As a military spouse I've had the opportunity to visit some amazing places (especially while living in Germany for 3 years), so I also share travel guides, tips, and travel style posts. In my free time I love running, cuddling with my Australian Shepherd, Rascal, and enjoying a nice glass of wine at the end of the day :) If you want to join the countdown, follow me on InstagramBloglovinFacebook, and Pinterest."




















Image Map

Comments

  1. This blazer looks great on you! I tried it and I'm so short waisted it did not work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ada, thanks for mentioning me in last weeks Thursday Moda favorites! I love the plaid trend, and the Glen Plaid blazer looks great on you and Kristin. Plus, it looks super versatile in neutral black and white with so many styling options. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so chic! Loving this amazing blazer!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it was called "glen plaid", you learn something new everyday. The plaid blazer was on my wish list this fall but I ended up with plaid pants. This is perfect for an office look or even layer over jeans.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plaid blazer on you! I actually own a similar one, and you're inspiring me to wear it! Thank you for the feature! You always have the kindest things to say. Wishing you a great weekend!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Kristin are adorable! I like this blazer and have seen it styled on Kellyann as well. You guys are really making me want to take the plunge and get it already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous work outfit! I adore that blazer and how you paired it with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the loafers with that blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this look Ada- Very professional and savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely look, Ada! I'm a huge fan of blazers they are always perfect for work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely color combo. I saw a very similar blanket scarf at Old Navy yesterday and it is on sale online. I am hoping it will still be available on payday. Love the loafers. I have three pair - olive, a leopard print, and blush - and they are my go-to comfy shoes. Hope your mums make a miraculous recovery, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good blazer because it makes any outfit look chic. Great styling!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same blazer! Love it!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing. Love how you paired the blush top under the blazer.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  15. That jacket is perfect for work and other occasions. I love how you both styled it.

    Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Ada for the feature!! How wonderful. Have a great weekend lovely xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. We hardly see you in trousers but they look fabulous on you! I love that blazer, it is so very versatile!Have a great weekend Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny you say that because I literally just saw a glen plaid blazer at F21 this morning! Love the plaid print on this blazer and how it instantly dresses up your outfit. You look simply chic, sophisticated and beautiful. Happy Friday Ada and I hope all is well!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, LOVE the loafers Ada! And the blazer is so cute!

    Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this look on you! So sophisticated. And love the pinky-lavender tone of your top. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this outfit Ada! Specifically the blazer with those loafers! Love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love a good glen plaid, and I've seen this blazer on so many women, for good reason—it seems like such an amazing value! Love how you've styled it!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts