Thursday Moda #48: Layering Plaid for Winter.

Happy Thursday Moda, the last Thursday of January, to. What?! I had originally planned to post my New Year's Eve Outfit today and then I thought about posting another outfit. But none of those photos were edited. So today you get the third option. Third time is the charm.

Today you get to see my Navy/Cream/Burgundy Plaid Flannel Shirtdress from Target again, albeit worn a lot more casually than the last time I wore it - and looking at those photos my hair has grown at least an inch longer. I wore this last Friday, the day after Vivian's birthday on a little Mommy+Daughter date we had, first to McDonald's for a happy meal for her and later to Starbucks for me. Do you guys follow me on Insta Stories?! I post some of our daily adventures in there. =) I layered the dress with Black Leggings, Red Patterned Socks that peek thru from the open sides of my Olive Booties, my New Light Down, Black Coat on top and jazzed it up with some Sparkly Jewelry. I love how it came out and the addition of the socks looked cute! What do you think?!


Gold Sparkly Hair Barrette w/ 3 Colorful Geometric Stones: Target (New) (gorgeous option w/ blue stones, Great Deal, love this), (beautiful deep purple Swarovski option, Splurge, my Favorite).
Silver + Baby Blue "Camellia" Crystal Statement Necklace: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, on Sale, love this), (bold chandelier style, on Sale, my Favorite), (similar, Great Deal).
Sunburst Silver "Aster" Crystal Statement Studs: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Huge Steal, love these), (similar, Steal), (similar, love these), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Thin Black Leggings w/ wide Lace Trim: White House Black Market (similar, Steal), (similar, Splurge).

There were over 80 of you that linked up last week. I saw many scarves, coats, boots, moto jackets and comfortable but chic outfits that are perfect for January. As usual narrowing it down to a few favorites was hard. And it looks like "Greenery" is a popular color for bloggers this year, though everyone still loves Cobalt Blue, too.
This week's Featured Blogger is ADRIELE from Style Assisted, an elegant mom blogger who recently chopped her raven hair into a gorgeous long bob. I loved her green coat ensemble so much and it is a coat I would buy and wear in a heartbeat. Ditto for the sweater, OTK boots, tote and necklace. This is the perfect polished outfit for a mom on the go, especially a busy toddler mom like Adriele. She has a little boy - Alexander. I love that on her blog, beautiful Adriele - whose name I love and it is a version of my own full name, Adriana - not only shares the most polished, elegant looks whether dressy, fancy, casual or in between, but also has tips, recipes, beauty and organizing posts, as well as lots of Mommy+Me posts with her son. There is something in her blog for everyone and I love mom blogs like hers. If you haven't already stop by and follow her.

Megan shared an uniquely-striped 'Printed Dress' in her Weekly Style Edit post. While the dress is fun, I am dying over the black pieces she paired it with: the moto jacket and those fun multi-strap pumps.
Chichi makes 'A Chic Style Statement' with her gorgeous buffalo plaid navy+red coat, those cropped fringe jeans which I love and some stunning mid-calf nude boots.
Kristina in her 'Little Pink Skirt' shows us that you can wear a tiny mini for Winter if you have the right coat and tights with it. I am always a fan of gray with blush pink.
Katie's silver loafers, large dotted skirt, pink clutch, embellished shirt and especially her 'Zebra Parade' green sweater which I am dying to own myself, are all very pretty. It all looks so vibrant and fun together.

Now join the linkup and make some new friends!










Image Map


Comments

  1. I love the plaid shirt dress on you! So cute with the booties.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to be able to pull of the socks with booties. Your plaid shirt dress is darling. Love your winter layers!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shirt dress and booties, Ada! I am totally loving this outfit and may need to copy it!

    By the way, I am adding a link here that is not outfit related. It is a tribute to a member of our blogging community who has just lost her husband to cancer. I just want to start a great prayer and positive thought train for her!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me, this is amazing :)
    ♡Kristina
    TheKontemporary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great, Ada!

    Thanks for the link up & Happy Thursday!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a good plaid tunic!
    xo, Lee
    wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this simple go to casual look. I have yet to do an insta story yet.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That plaid dress is so cute- and makes for a great winter print!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ada. I love the black and red plaid on you and just in general. A great color combo! I am a fan of the shirt dress as there are great ways to style and looks great with the leggings too. Enjoy your weekend!!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plaid shirts/tunics are always so cute! You look great in this outfit! XoXO

    Edwige| http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful plaid dress! Your booties and jacket are perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ada! Thanks for inviting me to the link-up! :)

    www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic plaid dress! It looks lovely with the boots and that pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I noticed your hair was longer! Happy weekend Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the last time you styled this plaid dress, too! Happy weekend, Ada!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your layered plaid look Ada! Thanks for featuring me in this post!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Ada!!!!! You're so sweet!!!!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Plaid is my absolute favorite and this dress is no exception it looks perfect on you. Thank you so much for the link up invitation, great to be under so beautiful ladies :-)

    Have a wonderful week
    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the plaid dress!!! Looks so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the plaid dress!!! Looks so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts