Thursday Moda #31 and Neutrals with Color Pops.

Welcome to Thursday Moda Guys. I have a very simple early Fall Outfit for you today. What do you wear on a Sunday morning when it is semi-windy, in the mid to high 60s? Well for one, you can still wear sandals and show off a pretty+fresh pedicure (I had just gotten mine done), but to keep warm you stick with Skinny Jeans and a Light Chiffon Blouse. I have had most of the pieces in this outfit for years, except the jeans are new (from Forever 21 and under 10 bucks) and I paired all of these pieces with my latest three jewelry items from Rocksbox. Let me sing praises to these Dark Blue Skinny Jeans for a moment! Priced just under ten bucks, they are comfortable, easy to wear and stretchy enough to feel perfect on your curves. Because of their dark color they go with everything and can be dressed up or down. As a matter of fact now that I am typing this (on Wed Sept 28th), I am currently wearing these jeans.

For today's outfit - which I wore a couple of weeks ago to go to brunch with my daughter at iHop - I paired my jeans with an Ivory+Tan Blouse. I love that the print is like an Abstract Plaid and it is fitted and sort of cropped. In the neckline it has a built-in skinny scarf/bow tie but I decided to let it untied. Since this outfit is made up of neutrals I decided to pop it with Colorful Accessories: Yellow Sunnies, Bright Coral Lipgloss, Coral Earrings, Orange Ring and Orange-Red Sandals. The Gold+Sparkly Crystal Statement Necklace and Gold+Black Sequined Mini Clutch dressed it up a little. What do you think?

Ivory+Tan, Abstract Geometric-Print, Long-Sleeve Bow-Tie Chiffon Blouse: NY&Co. (Old) (similar, Huge Steal), (similar in black patterned, Great Deal, love this), (similar w/ double patterns, Splurge, my Favorite).
Dark Blue/Indigo Stretchy Skinny Jeans: Forever 21 (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, on Huge Sale, love these), (similar, Splurge).
Brown Sunglasses in Yellow+White Plastic Frames: Old Navy (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Splurge).
Teardrop-Shaped, Multi-faceted Coral Stone, Light Drop Earrings: "Dee" by Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (New) (identical), (similar, Steal), (similar, on Huge Sale, my Favorite).
Crystal Points "Triangle", Gold-Tone Statement Necklace: Slate via Rockbox (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge, love this).
Black+Gold Swirly-Patterned, Sequined Mini Clutch: Express (Old) (similar in black, Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Huge Splurge, my Favorite).
Gold Wedding Band + Gold w/ Diamond Ring: Wedding Rings by my Husband.
Grayish-Blue Octavia Stone, Gold-Tone Ring: Pitaya (New) (drusy option, Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, huge Splurge, my Favorite).
Gold-tone Ring w/ Semi Precious Square Orange Stone: Kohl's (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, my Favorite).
Gold Tone X-Ring: Sophie Harper via Rocksbox (New) (very similar, Splurge), (similar w/ silver pave stones, Great Deal, my Favorite).
Orange-Red Lucite Thing Sandals: Old Navy (Old) (similar, Steal, love these), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Just like the previous week that I co-hosted with Shelbee, last week the two of us had a very successful big linkup too, with 150 outfits linked up. It is hard for me to narrow it down to 5 favorites (or less) each week but I manage it lol. This week, the chosen ladies are mostly bloggers in their 40s and though the outfits I chose couldn't be any more different, each outfit is still stylish, beautiful and full of inspiration!
This week's featured blogger is JESS from 'Elegantly Dressed and Stylish' and let me tell you the name of the blog suits her so well because Jess is exactly that: elegant, dressed up, stylish and polished. She linked up 3 outfits last week with this satin copper clay a.k.a. rust dress being my absolute favorite. I love, love the dress with that thigh-high slit and the matchy yet not-quite-the-same satiny brown shoes, LV classic bag, maroon statement necklace and brown sunglasses. The dress and shoes are stunning. I also loved another satin piece she wore - her emerald blouse - paired with a jacquard leopard pencil skirt. Jess always looks lovely in jewel tones and reds and wears them a lot. She also has a great collection of low-heel shoes and flats as well as gorgeous jewelry. Her ravishing red hair is her best accessory though. On Tuesdays she runs her own successful linkup named "Turning Heads Tuesday" which is meant for her because look at her amazing red mane! Make sure you stop by and see her blog if you haven't yet.

Fonda is 'Blushing into Fall' paired with polka dots and grey. I happen to love light pink with grey. That vest is so sharp.
Chichi's 'LFW Day 2 Outfit' is a hit with me and I bet Londoners loved it too. The oversized, sort of masculine blouse looks great tucked into the fluffy tulle skirt and those magnificent shoes - Love!
Andrea's 'Floral Pants for Fall' are what I want (too bad I missed out on this print from Banana Republic). I love that she paired them with a burgundy-redish blouse and Fall-like sandals.
Sheela's personal style and writing style has no 'Comparison' and she proves that in this Gorgeous Fall Mustard Maxi with fun little cutouts matched with Camel Accessories. Bold and Beautiful!

Also linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for their "Start Off Stylish" Linkup.
Lastly, linking with the ladies of "The Blended Blog".


Now join the linkup and make some new friends!
Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood








Comments

  1. Looooving this blouse! It's paired perfectly with the dark denim skinnies. And for under 10 bucks. Can you say scooooore...lol. Thanks for sharing your personal style and hosting the link up as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! Such a pretty blouse!

    Thanks for including me in your favorites! And sorry you missed out on that BR print...

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a chic blouse, lady! Hope you're having a great week!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty pink pedicure! And I definitely agree that the colorful accessories make the neutrals pop. I have a pair of Forever21 jeans sitting in my closet and I totally forgot about them. I am thinking of cutting off the bottoms to get that fringed/unfinished hem look that is so in these days! They were only $10 so what do I have to lose?
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blouse Ada, it's so perfect for early fall and will be great layered when it gets colder too! So fun with the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely gotta take advantage of flip flop weather while you can :) I like how fun and bright yours are!!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the print of your blouse; it's very unique and eye catching! That triangle necklace is really cute, too. I'm ready for the weather to catch up with the fact that it's supposed to be fall, myself! I'm glad the weather let you show off your fresh pedicure, though :).

    Jane
    www.unextraordinarilyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this elegant top Ada! That necklace is the perfect touch with it. Thanks so much for the link up!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those sunnies, Ada! They compliment your blouse so well. hope you have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this look! Super easy, yet so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These jeans look great on you, and I love that blouse! This is such a me outfit!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blouse Ada ! I can imagine it being worh with a pencil skirt, bow tied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty blouse - so perfect for transitioning to fall.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely outfit, Nice photos.
    New post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this blouse on you Ada! Minimal neutrals are one of my favorites. Such a cute red sandal to match!

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vrey simple but chic outfit! I love your accesories!
    Inspiration and greetings from MissGrey.ro
    https://missgrey.ro/blog/despre-rochii/rochii-rosii-de-seara-doua-sugestii-de-accesorizare/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. This outfit is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving this blouse Ada!! The pattern is gorgeous and the neck tie detail is fabulous!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blouse. I'm loving this stye at the moment too.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a chic blouse! I love the color and print of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow wow wow, Ada, thank you SO much!!! I'm honoured to be featured within such good company too. I've long been a fan of Chichi as well as Jess and Andrea, and I'll make certain to get acquainted with Fonda's blog too :) XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts