Thursday Moda #30: Thrifted in Fall Layers.

Welcome to Thursday Moda #30. First of all, I am sorry for today's pictures, not fond of them at all, but my DSLR  is currently broken, apologies. 

Back to today's linkup - I cannot believe I have been doing this for 30 weeks already. I must be doing something right too since the linkup is growing faster each week. As a matter of fact, besides mine and Shelbee's links last week, there were 162 other links - the best linkup for me, yet - thanks to you all. So, I invited my co-host from last week, the lovely and funny SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge to co-host with me again today, as a thank you from me to her for making last week's linkup, the best. Since we featured Fall Florals last week, we are back with Fall Layers this week and some of our pieces in our outfits are Thrifted too, talk about an extra challenge. When I looked at Shelbee's outfit (which I love because it is casual enough for an easy mom day, as well as dressy enough for a more casual office environment) I smiled, because we had a lot in common when it came to our outfits: floral bottoms, sandals and the colors blue, white and teal. Great minds think alike, no?
I have always been a fan of quilted or puffer vests and I own quite a few (in different colors). This nice teal one is one of the three I thrifted 2 years ago in Albania for about 8 bucks each. It is super soft, almost new and filled with feathers. To me thrifting isn't just about shopping at a thrift or second-hand store, it is also being thrifty, savvy and smart with your own wardrobe and shopping your closet. Another thrifty way I did that in this outfit is by wearing this White, Hand-Knitted Honeycomb Sweater that my mom knitted for me when I was 14 or 15 so like 20-21 years ago. It still fits me, though it was more of a loose tunic back then. My mom has taken great care hand-washing this gorgeous sweater for me, it still feels brand-new. 

As you can tell from the photos, it was a windy day. Beautiful, sunny and warm in the sun but windy and cool on the shadow. My sweater, though it is somewhat thick kept me cool with the little holes created from the honeycomb pattern and the puffer vest was a great idea for an extra layer which I could take off. As much as I love flats and booties, I went for these Suede Electric Blue Sandals instead, because it is still warm enough to do sandals and show my toes. The background of my Pixie Pants is Navy so it falls into that Dark Fall Floral category which is super hot for Autumn. My Abalone Kendra Scott Earrings are so pretty, they picked up all the greens and blues from my outfit. Coincidentally this Fall outfit falls on the official day of Fall - September 22. And by the way this type of outfit will be an uniform for me all this season. Do you own a puffer vest? How are you styling it this Fall? I have linked (below) several green/blue puffer vests, the first two are gorgeous and super reasonable. Check them out!

It was so beautiful out that day (exactly a week ago) that I had to take these photos of the sky and my gorgeous Viv admiring the flowers in our garden, pretty in pink.
White Cotton+Wool blend, Long-Sleeve, Crew-Neck Honeycomb Sweater: Hand-knitted by my Mom (Vintage) (very similar, Splurge), (similar tunic, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale, love this), (similar pattern/color as a long, oversized cardigan, Huge Splurge, my Favorite).
Navy/White/Olive Lily Print Floral "Pixie" Pants: Old Navy (current floral Pixie, on Huge Sale, love these), (similar), (similar, Huge Splurge).
White, Ivory and Tan Ombre Long Necklace in Tiny Crystals & Silk Tassel: Target (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite).
Gold-Tone, Long Hexagon "Elle" Drop Earrings in Abalone Stones: "Elle" by Kendra Scott via Rockbox (New) (same in blue marble, love these), (similar, Steal), (similar, on Sale).
Gold-Tone "Sarra" Cuff in Teardrop-shaped "Ocean Opal" (Blue) Stones: Loren Hope via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Splurge).
White Plastic Frame Wayfarer Sunglasses: Ray Ban (New) (almost identical, on Sale), (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Steal, love these).
Black Skinny Satin Headband w/ Tulle Rosette: NY&Co. (similar, Huge Steal), (very similar, Steal), (similar).
Cobalt Blue Faux Suede Two-Strap Sandals: Merona via Target (New) (very similar, love these), (similar, Steal, love these), (similar dressy option, Great Deal), (similar Birks, Splurge, my Favorite).
 Use my special code to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home: ADABFF39.
Today's Thursday Moda Co-Host: Shelbee on the Edge.
A little bit more about Shelbee, as spoken by her:
"My name is Shelbee and I write the blog Shelbee on the Edge (http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/).  I am super excited to join Ada this week as co-host!  I am an over 40 stay-at-home mother of two boys and two cats named Dave and Frankie.  I also am an Army wife.  My blog provides a welcoming forum for like-minded women and mothers to stop by to give and receive support and helpful insights into surviving this crazy, beautiful life. I discuss topics such as Army life, parenting, fashion and style, and mental health. In my little space, you are free to express yourself without judgments and showcase your own unique style without fear. Here’s hoping we can all find our own individual voices in each area of our lives. While I may teeter on the brink of sanity (and midlife), I still find ways to hang on and feel fabulous in the process! Please stop by for a bit and feel inspired!" 
You can find Shelbee on InstagramFacebook and Twitter.

Like I mentioned, last week was my most successful linkup yet with over 160 entries. Thank you all for making this Fashion Party, a lot of fun. And for linking amazing, super fun and adorable outfits every week. As my chosen 5 favorite looks indicate, there were a lot of fun and creative outfits in the mix.
This week's featured blogger is OSY from Style Diary by Osy who linked up this flirty and beautiful two-piece feathered black dress perfect for New York Fashion Week. Camisoles over dresses, blouses, tops, button-downs and even sweaters were all over the runaway this Fall. Osy knows it and she rocks it. This outfit has edgy elements mixed with elegance and sex appeal. Not only do I love the stunning LBD but those Studded Pumps are to die for and Osy's hair and makeup looks flawless - she rocks the metallic purple lipstick. Osy's blog always features some fabulous styles and unique, beautiful outfits. She is a trend-setter. She also does some makeup posts, where she shows how to apply beautiful going out makeup looks. And she has her own linkup on Fridays so make sure you follow and join her if you don't, already.

Kristin is fairly new to both my linkup (and blog-reading list) but her 'Flare Jeans' were styled in the most Fall-Forward way with a Fall Floral Cold-Shoulder Blouse, a Black with Gold Bag and Tortoise Sunnies.
'Black, Blush' and a French-Appealing Loafer has never looked more posh or sophisticated like Leanne styled them together. The neck scarf was a nice touch.
Lydia attended 'Omaha Fashion Week' wearing not one but two Glam Little Black Dresses with this One-Shoulder number paired with Nude Laceup Stilettos being my favorite.
Stefanie can dress and design. Stefanie can wear a sac and look great. This Fabulous Emerald two-piece designed by her is full of 'Green Ruffles' and Fabulousity. I almost featured her last week in another Green Pants' Look.

A quick note before I leave: a couple of days ago I guest-posted for the ever-lovely and super stylish Michelle from Michelle's Pa(i)ge, you can find my guest post here. And tomorrow on Friday, I will be over Nina's Blog A World of Dresses, sharing some of my and her favorites - dresses. I love Nina's style and her dresses.

Also linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for their "Start Off Stylish" Linkup.
Lastly, linking with the ladies of "The Blended Blog".


Now join the linkup and make some new friends!
Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood








Comments

  1. What an awesome find on the vest. Its still to warm here in Maryland to wear one.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, thank you again for inviting me to co-host! I am so glad last week was such a success! And I am loving your cheerful outfit. I love florals and how great is it that your sweater was handmade by your mom! I don't know if you have seen my posts of my "made with love by mom" tunic! I might be styling it again though next week. I only have two puffer vests which I don't wear often because I feel too puffy! But they are growing on me. Actually, I got a dark purple one with white polka dots on clearance at the end of last season for about $6 that I haven't even worn yet...so you have definitely inspired me with your adorable outfit!

    xoxo
    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those floral pants!!!! XO Susan www.themidlifefashionsta.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of mixing florals and thrifted pieces! I love your vest and your trousers are so fun Ada! Thanks for the link up.

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that your mom knit your sweater! That just totally makes the outfit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this teal puffer vest on you, and it looks great with the floral pants. I also love that your mom knitted your sweater, and you've had it all this time!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute fall layers! The vest is super cute! And I love of course the floral pants!

    Thanks for the link up!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  8. These layers are perfect for Fall! Thanks for the link up!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute look, love the pants. Thanks for hosting.

    Rena
    http://www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your printed pants - the turquoise puffer vest is a nice colour against them! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you're having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Believe it or not I actually do not own a puffer vest, it's not yet cold enough in LA to wear it and I find that it doesn't keep me warm in the colder days. You look great in this layering look Ada!

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your making me want to go buy floral trousers Ada! These look great on you x
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute blue puffer vest, loving the layers for fall! Have a great weekend Ada!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love floral trousers and have off the top of my head at least two pairs. I love wearing them in Autumn and Winter. How fun we're both wearing florals this week!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want a pair of floral pants with a darker background for the fall! Love the aqua color with them, too! I need to get my puffers back out!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your 30 week linkup :)
    Can't believe your mom made this sweater for you, I wish I had that talent! Loving the floral pants and the blue sandals.
    Thank you for hosting,

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your floral pants are so cute! Perfect fall layering with the turquoise vest! Such a pretty combo!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking good Ada! I need to check out your $10 budget at Target post now.
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking good Ada! I need to check out your $10 budget at Target post now.
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your link up success. As always, thanks for hosting! Love your vest.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe it's the first day of fall! Definitely time to start thinking sweaters like this! :)

    Congrats on the link-up success, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love layering for fall, and this is the perfect way to do it! The color pop is so pretty too. Love everything about this fall look, Ada!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love puffer vests. Congrats on all the link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the layers Ada! Ans those are some fun print pants. The puffer vest looks very good on you, love the color! Bring on the fall weather!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. so many awesome outfits!

    stop by and chat with me ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The printed pants are a fun piece to transition into fall.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the pants the whole look is so great for fall!

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite part about fall clothing is: layers, layers, layers!

    www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. The vest seems like a good transitional piece, when the weather can't quite decide between warm and cool... I like your trousers, what a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're right, a puffer adds a light layer of warmth. This is a fab transitional outfit, and it looks so comfy! Love the pretty turquoise color too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts