Houndstooth and Mother-in-Law's Birthday.

In honor of Plaid Week, next week, today I am showing you a Favorite, Classy Print, a sister to Plaid Prints - Houndstooth. This is one of those Classic, Timeless Prints that it is always Stylish, especially during the Winter Months. I have not one but two Houndstooth Winter Coats as a matter of fact. I love Houndstooth.

I wore this Shirtdress for my Mother-in-Law's Birthday Dinner, a few weeks ago. This is the second year we celebrated her Birthday at a nearby Mexican Restaurant. The food there is so good and they are always packed. Vivian hasn't been feeling well and she was crabby that day so as much as I wanted to dress this up, I didn't see heels as the best option for me, that day. Instead of Dressy Heels, I dressed it up with some bling on my wrist and my ears. I love these pretty pieces from WHBM. We also took some family photos of the 3 of us, but Vivian was being her very active self. She doesn't sit still much for pictures, anymore. I still think they are cute pictures though, so I am sharing some with you. What do you think? Speaking of my Houndstooth Dress, I found several beautiful options for you (linked below) all on sale. And I kid you not, I want all 3 of those Dresses, myself lol.
My Mother-in-Law's Pretty, Birthday Flower Bouquets that she got from the three of us.
This is the only decent picture in the bunch. It is my favorite from that day. Vivian is feeding her dad. She is so used to us feeding her, that sometimes she breaks off her food, fruit or bread and feeds me or her dad, as well. Silly girl.
Black+White, Houndstooth, Long-Sleeve Shirt-dress: New York & Company (NY & Co.) (very similar, best deal, love this), (similar in large-print, by The Limited, great deal, love this), (gorgeous option by MK, on sale).
Dangly Earrings w/ Black Crystal Square Stone & Circle Pearl: White House Black Market (similar, love these), (similar, great deal, love these), (gorgeous option by Betsey Johnson, on sale).
Black, Classic, Plastic "Wayfarer" Sunglasses: Ray Ban (identical), (tortoise version by Ray Ban, love these), (similar by Marc Jacobs, great deal, love these).
Dark Gray, Tweed, Thick Tights: Express (very similar by Wolford, Splurge), (similar by DKNY, best deal, love these).

And here is the last time I wore/showed this dress on the blog, over a year ago. Vivian has changed and grown up so much, since then.

P.S. Linking up with Allison, Claire, Doranda, Erin, Jennifer, Jolynne, Lauren, Marissa, Megan, Natalie, Patti, Rachel, Shea, Tameka and Vicki. Enjoy the Weekend, ladies!!




Comments

  1. Hope Vivian feel better soon. Happy Birthday to your Mother in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress on you! Such a classic piece. The dinner looks really fun. Hopefully Vivian is feeling better!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houndstooth + a shirt dress = so perfectly classic. You all look like you are having a blast at that Mexican restaurant. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing pics...
    i like your shirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houndstooth is always a such a great print and love your shirtdress. My son is 6 and he still doesn't sit still for pictures.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Shirt Dress!! Thanks for linking up with Fab Five Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute dress and so classic! I hope Vivian is feeling better! Looks like you had a great dinner- those are very cute pictures, especially the one of her feeding her dad! Adorable :) Hope you have a great weekend Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is a great shirt dress Ada, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fancy dress Ada! Houndstooth print is a classic and always fashionable. And I love shirt dresses. I do love mexican food too by the way, so I approve of the choice to celebrate at the Mexican ;-)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Hope the birthday dinner was fun!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, classic dress, Ada. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dress! S many stying options too. Looks like your whole family had a great time, fun!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the houndstooth, Ada! I really need to take a page out of your book, and make my houndstooth dresses winter appropriate somehow!

    & you guys looked like you had so much fun :) tell your mother-in-law that a blogger friend whom she's never met wishes her a happy birthday! haha

    Yvonne
    Dear Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the houndstooth print of the dress. And I like how you dressed it up and down. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty dress! You can't go wrong with houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts