Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Classic, Black+White Houndstooth Shirtdress.

I wasn't able to get a post in yesterday. During the day I was busy with the baby and then went out for some lunch and shopping. Later on, I wasn't feeling all that well. The very chilly weather might have given me a little flu bug. =( Monday Night is great TV night so I watched "Dancing with the Stars" & "Hostages", which means today I will watch "The Voice" & "Blacklist" on demand LOL. And then, real late in the evening, my computer wasn't cooperating. I was too tired anyway so I went to bed, since Vivian was already sleeping, too.

I love Shirt-dresses. The ones that are thicker material and have long-sleeves are great options for Fall. Most Shirt-dresses can work for a job, too. I am happy to report that I own several, including long-sleeve ones, like the one I am wearing today. The best part about the one today is that it is Black+White and in a Houndstooth Pattern. I love Houndstooth, even more so for Fall & Winter. Since this is B+W, it can be mixed & matched with colorful accessories. I can picture my Red, Purple or Pink Pumps with this working out just fine. Even my Leopard Pumps would look great, doing a little pattern-mixing. I kept it real simple this time for a Dinner at home where we had some Guests over. Sandals did the trick and my Jewelry was simple, though that Lavender-Stone, Sunburst Brooch was quite Sparkly & Dressy. What do you think? Wishing you a great new week!

Black+White, Houndstooth, Long-Sleeve Shirt-dress: New York & Company (NY & Co.)
Black, Silk Headband w/ Different-Shaped Black Crystals: Ann Taylor.
Baby Blue, Drop, Pearl Earrings: Forever 21.
Lavender, Sunburst Brooch w/ Sparkly Stones: Macy's.
Stretchy, Silver Bracelets w/ tiny Different-Shaped, Pastel Beads (left hand): Avon.
Blush Pearl & Peach Crystal, Stretchy Beaded Bracelet (left hand)The Limited.
Real Gold Chain Bracelet (right hand): Gifted.
Real Gold & Diamond Wedding Band & Engagement Ring (left hand) : from My Husband.
Silver Ring w/ Circle, Green Opal Stone (right hand): A Local Jewelry Store (New & Gifted).
Silver Ring w/ Large Brown Stone & 2 Small Yellow Stones (right hand): Meijer's (New).
Black, Thong, Flower-Strap Sandals: Love Culture.

Vivian's Outfit:
White & Raspberry-Red, Flower Dress w/ matching Panties: Osh Kosh.
Gray Leggings: Carter's.
Pink, Ruffled, Nylon Headband with Hello Kitty: Disney.
Navy, White & Fuchsia, Stripped Socks: Wal Mart.
Baby Pink, Chiffon Flower Pins: Clippers.
Pastel Yellow, Stripped Rainbow Socks w/ Lace Trim: Carter's.
Baby Pink, Mary Jane Ballet Flats: Laura Ashley.


P.S. I am linking up with Rachel, Carissa, Lauren, Lindsey and Shanna.
Cant Google Everythinglowercase lettersStyle Elixir
pleated poppy







20 comments:

  1. Ada, I love this dress. Such a fabulous print. You look amazing and i love the pictures of Vivian!!!!!!! You ladies are beautiful.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. This dress is classic & timeless. I love it. Thanks for much for the compliments on Vivian. =)

      Delete
  2. Vivian is getting so big! She's just gorgeous! I'm a big fan of shirt dresses too :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houndstooth is such a classic print.
    I hope you're feeling better!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is super classic especially in Black+White. =)

      Delete
  4. These sandals are fun! Great dress =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Sandals. They are very Versatile.

      Delete
  5. Cute houndstooth dress! Definitely love the print, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel. Stop by more often. ;-)

      Delete
  6. I would have a closet full of shirtdresses to last me all fall and winter long ... if I had the money, haha. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa. Get them while on sale. The Limited has a new, great one at least every other season. A lot of mine are from there.

      Delete
  7. Hope you are feeling better! I love shirt dresses, too. Yours is especially cute with the houndstooth pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better, Thank You. I also love Shirt-Dresses.

      Delete
  8. I love the shirt dress - the cut is always so comfortable and nice. The houndstooth print gives this such a nice vintage look.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirt-Dresses are Awesome. They are so Classic and easy to wear.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Time for Mom, great dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.